So How About Them Locusts?

RuthisianCodex

Not sure if anyone here has heard about this or perhaps lives in an area where this is happening but about those locust swarms in Africa & the Middle East....

YIKES is about all that comes to mind. Being stuck in a massive swarm of bugs would be nightmare fuel for a lifetime for me only it's not locusts that take the top scare prize from me. 

Nope. Those would be cockroaches, the filth ridden little demons. UGH!

What about everyone else? What type of insect/bug swarm would be the WORST in your opinion? 

P.S. If anyone here is stuck in one of those areas, my heart goes out to you! 💜

• Like 1

I’m generally ok with creepy-crawlies so no real nightmare issues for me.  That said, I also believe it is good policy that they not share living spaces with humans.

I’m currently also in that part of California that is mostly desert.  We don’t have much around here that will swarm in the first place.  Stuff that will kill you yes - black widow spiders, rattlesnakes, bears, and mountain lions in my immediate area, plus tiger and great white sharks in the ocean - but no real swarmers.  The worst we get is an occasional termite or ant uprising.

• Like 1

Spiders don't really bother me all that much. I think they're lovely, I would just prefer them to stay outside. 

As for the locust swarms(some areas also have flying ant swarms as well), my heart goes out to everyone being affected by food shortages due to all the crops that have been completely destroyed. The thing is a lot of those people live in rural communities that pretty much solely rely on those local food sources so this puts them in a terrible bind as their governments try to put plans into place to help them. 

Another thing to consider too is that swarms like that can be even more disastrous in regards to the spread of diseases since they're moving from area to area at such a rapid pace. 

Centipedes. A swarm of centipedes would freak me out. 

Spiders touching me that would also really bother me.

I heard there was a lot of crop issues and a larger than normal amount of locusts but it was in passing. I didn't realize how bad it was though until reading this. 

Yeah, I've heard of locust swarms 20 years ago but none recent. The grasshoppers will eat everything in their path for sure. As efaardvark said, ducks'll eat 'em but you need a lot of ducks too lol...

Always purchase the crop insurance. The year you don't, locusts or flood will get your crop. Never fails.

• Funny 1

7 hours ago, The History Kid said:

There's some biblical connotation here, I can smell it.

Floods in Egypt, locusts in Africa, a worldwide plague.... could be.   🤔

• Like 1