What are your Quarantine Anime Plans?

Beocat

With all the closings and "social distancing" going on, anyone got any Quarantine plans anime-wise? They are even tslking about canceling my favorite anime con if things get any worse...

Most everyone seems to be getting paid leave except me so I'll just dream of what I'd do (especially my sisters...both school teachers with classes canceled).  I think I'd probably binge on some Space Brothers and possibly finally watch MY Love Story (still haven't gotten around to it). Maybe clean my office too and update my anime inventory list. I'd love to rewatch Snow White with the Red Hair too.

• Like 1
  • Friendly 2

Unfortunately I have been deemed critical personnel by my boss so I don't get to stay home unless actually sick.  With luck I won't have time to watch much anime.

That said, I've got Science Types, Koisuru Shouwakusei, Heya Camp, Somali and the Forest Spirit, Dr. Stone, and New Game at the top of my queue, should I get some time to watch.

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

No extra time off for me either.

Hoping that the 2nd seasons of Fruits Basket & Ascendence of a Bookworm don’t run into production delays because if it. I want the staff to be safe of course, but those are the 2 main ones I’m looking forward to in the upcoming season. 

As far as backlog stuff I’d probably tackle Fate Stay Night & follow it up with Unlimited Bladeworks. I watched Fate Zero last year & loved it but FGO & the Waver as an adult one were disappointing. Then probably Saga of Tanya the Evil since it’s the last of the Isekai Quartet series I haven’t seen. 

53 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

New Game

When I’m ready for something lighter, that’s probably the next one I’ll watch (I’d watched the first 6 episodes or so previously)

• Like 1

Legend of the Galactic Heroes 

100+ episodes in 7 days, that sounds like a challenge to me!

Edited by RZ.
  • Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

I'll probably finish Shiki, then start Death Note, finally watch Perfect Blue, & might even check out Blue Exorcist & possibly Fruits Basket. 

Gotta say that being quarantined for an extended period would be a great time to binge any longer series like Bleach or One Piece too. 

• Like 1

I work in leisure/entertainment and currently experiencing a heavy drop in hours due to the virus so either way I have extra free time. Im in a mood for something lighthearted and Himouto! Umaru-chan has been on the list for a while. I heard things about Your lie in April and Nichijou. I also need to see the latest season of My Hero Academia.

Understandingly my anime society has closed its doors for a while and I have been really into Seven Deadly Sins so I can enjoy the rest at my own pace rather than waiting every week.

• Like 2
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

1 hour ago, TigerLily said:

I work in leisure/entertainment and currently experiencing a heavy drop in hours due to the virus so either way I have extra free time. Im in a mood for something lighthearted and Himouto! Umaru-chan has been on the list for a while. I heard things about Your lie in April and Nichijou. I also need to see the latest season of My Hero Academia.

Understandingly my anime society has closed its doors for a while and I have been really into Seven Deadly Sins so I can enjoy the rest at my own pace rather than waiting every week.

Seven Deadly Sins is one I plan to binge as well if I have to stay indoors for a while. I've heard really good things about it.

On 3/15/2020 at 9:27 PM, Ohiotaku said:

Ascendence of a Bookworm

I've got that on my to-watch list as well, though I likely won't watch it right away because I'm a binger.. bingeer.. bingerer... One who binges.  :D

• Like 1

i finally got caught up with my new animes. my hero, haiykuu, ancient mages bride, yuri on ice, and now im watching the "new" fruits basket. i forgot how emotional that show is!! 

i was kind of looking for a good thriller anime. any suggestions? 

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

53 minutes ago, angrytwix89 said:

i was kind of looking for a good thriller anime. any suggestions? 

If by thriller you mean shows with a lot of suspense/keeps you on edge:

ID:Invaded (currently airing — a cross between The Cell & Silence of the Lambs)

Re:Zero (rebroadcast of season 1 ongoing, season 2 in July — warning: pretty dark/gruesome)

The Promised Neverland

Attack on Titan

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress

Shiki

Monster

Paranoia Agent

Perfect Blue (movie)

Higurashi/When They Cry

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, angrytwix89 said:

ancient mages bride

👍

6 hours ago, angrytwix89 said:

i was kind of looking for a good thriller anime. any suggestions

I’d just add “Another” to ohiotaku’s list.

A couple that aren’t what I would call thrillers but might be interesting nevertheless if you’re going there would be Dusk Maiden or Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge.  They’re a bit lighter than straight up thriller material though.  More odd than scary.   (Dusk Maiden might even be considered more romcom, though it definitely has it’s darker moments as well, and it is apropos of current world events.. but I don’t want to give out any spoilers.)

Edited by efaardvark
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

12 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

Re:Zero (rebroadcast of season 1 ongoing, season 2 in July — warning: pretty dark/gruesome)

The Promised Neverland

Attack on Titan

Shiki

Monster

Paranoia Agent

Perfect Blue (movie)

Higurashi/When They Cry

This list is incredible. Seriously, I'm just going to follow all of your anime suggestions from now on lol!

• Like 3
  • Friendly 1

Well if I am honest this so called quarantine isn't much different for me as I am already a home body by nature. I just don't go anywhere I don't need to. My favorite anime con was canceled as well though given the situation which is getting worse by the day I am not that upset. There is always next year. 

In terms of anime though I plan to just keep watching through the list I have made for myself. 

• 2 weeks later...

Rewatch every anime I like, search for other animes that I may like, and doing School Stuff 

The last four words are Terror        

Edited by BlackTooth
  • Funny 1

On 3/18/2020 at 10:38 AM, Ohiotaku said:

The Promised Neverland

Attack on Titan

Shiki

Monster

Paranoia Agent

Perfect Blue (movie)

Higurashi/When They Cry

the promised neverland was SOOOOO good. they need to hurry up with season 2!!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, angrytwix89 said:

the promised neverland was SOOOOO good. they need to hurry up with season 2!!

It was scheduled for October, but that was before all the Covid 19 chaos. Will just have to wait & see.

So far I finally caught up to One Piece and finished the second season Nisekoi, Id:Invaded, final season of Fairy Tail, and Handa-kun.

Currently thinking of rewatching School Rumble and Azumanga Daioh.

• Like 2

Trying out some titles that I've been meaning to check out for a while now. Tried Samurai Champloo last night & it just isn't my style so I switched over to Mushi-Shi & am really enjoying it so far. I'll binge this over the next few days & then probably either finish Boogiepop Phantom, check out Another, or get started into something like Fairy Tail or Fire Force. I also need to watch Perfect Blue at some point but I want to find someone to watch it with. 

• Like 1

Ooo, so I've decided to re-watch some good slice of life and shoujo animes. I've seen, Say, I Love you and currently watching From Me to You. After that, NANA will be next. I am pretty excited tapping into my inner teen girl memories. 

Edited by Persona
  • Like 2
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

• 4 weeks later...

my plans are mainly getting some more Bleach under my belt, and just looking around for a bunch of obscure 12 episode series.

yes I’m only on episode 32 of bleach

don't judge. 

• Like 1