Newbie with Avatars for Everyone

Nelson

Konnichiwa, minna-san.

I've been sort of updating my anime sites lately so I thought of looking for anime-related forums and I stumbled upon this place. Looks like it's a pretty active one with a good number of users, which is a very nice thing. 

With work and life out there (and the ruddy COVID-19, if I may), looking out for every single anime is no longer a luxury. However, I still try to watch some especially since I studied Nihongo and I don't want to entirely lose it. Lately I just caught up to One Piece (man, will it ever end?) and proceeding to the final season of Fairy Tail. Then I'll probably head over to Black Clover while waiting for the final season of Shingeki no Kyojin.

Anybody has suggestions on what I should be watching these days? Slice of life is also nice.

• Like 3

Hi there! I might start studying Japanese soon as well, depending on my next job, so if I have a question I know who to ask 😂 

One Piece won't end, we all know it 😂 I am currently watching Black Clover, it is quite alright, I'd say a rather typical shonen. Something more comedic that I found great was Nichijou 😂 might want to see if it is to your taste. 

• Like 2

My Japanese is beyond elementary, so I doubt I'll be of any help. 😅

Just looking at the image in the Wikipedia page of Nichijou immediately gave me the feeling that it's similar to Azumanga Daioh and School Rumble, which are probably the funniest animes I've watched. Definitely watching this one as well.

Thanks for the welcome!

• Like 2

spacer.png

Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy it here 😁

Azumanga Daioh will always be the definitive SoL series in my opinion. More recently. I really enjoyed Laidback (Yuru) Camp. The recent followup Room (Heya) Camp was rather disappointing (three minutes per episode really isn’t time enough to do anything) & the full season 2 isn’t scheduled until 2021 😥 Some SoL series that mix things up with fantasy elements I recommend Aria (3 seasons), Flying Witch & As Miss Beelzebub Likes It.

As far as shonen series, Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) is probably the best. For ones that are actually completed & not too terribly long there’s Buso Renkin and Ushio & Tora.

• Like 2

On 3/30/2020 at 7:16 PM, Ohiotaku said:

Azumanga Daioh will always be the definitive SoL series in my opinion. More recently. I really enjoyed Laidback (Yuru) Camp. The recent followup Room (Heya) Camp was rather disappointing (three minutes per episode really isn’t time enough to do anything) & the full season 2 isn’t scheduled until 2021 😥 Some SoL series that mix things up with fantasy elements I recommend Aria (3 seasons), Flying Witch & As Miss Beelzebub Likes It.

As far as shonen series, Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) is probably the best. For ones that are actually completed & not too terribly long there’s Buso Renkin and Ushio & Tora.

Damn, among these titles I've only heard about Demon Slayer. M'definitely getting rusty at keeping up with things. Should probably check all of them out. I also tend to watch those that have already been completed so thanks for that. Just a few minutes ago I finished Id: Identity. Dunno if some of you have heard of it.

P.S. Hola, everyone!

49 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Just a few minutes ago I finished Id: Identity. Dunno if some of you have heard of it.

ID: Invaded? Yeah, I enjoyed that one too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2020 at 12:31 PM, Ohiotaku said:

ID: Invaded? Yeah, I enjoyed that one too.

Damn typo. Yes, that one. Ended up watching Handa-kun as well, which surprisingly was humorous.