Music and Anime

RZ.

12 hours ago, Amali said:

Do you guys ever get affected by an anime so much that whenever you hear a soundtrack from that anime you feel a whole whirlpool of emotions? For me one of such anime is Steins Gate, gosh I always stop just to listen to it. Unless it is too sad for my current state of mind :D

One of my favorites is the soundtrack to Attack on Titan. Another more recent one is Fire Force. The music for that entire show including all of the fight scenes is just epic all the way around in my opinion. 

Edited by RuthisianCodex
  • Like 1

Not an anime track but this song would awesome as the intro to a show about some fire-wielding mage or something!

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Cool bit of info for you if you're a fan lf the animated movie "Heavy Metal" (1981). Blue Oyster Cult made this song about Taarna's fight against the Barbarians :P

I agree, the soundtracks to add a lot of depth to the emotion I experience as I watch the show. I love the intro/outro music on InuYasha, and the music in Gundam Unicorn was beautfiul however it was repetitive using the same tracks during the same kinds of scenes. A lot of JRPG Video Games I enjoyed had amazing soundtracks (Legend of Dragoon, Final Fantasy 13, etc.)

• Agree 1

SPOILERS FOR YOUR LIE IN APRIL! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

One of the most beautiful anime soundtracks I know is the soundtrack from Your Lie in April. The music is upbeat and happy, but if you're paying close enough attention, you'll realise that the music is extremely sombre and... saddening.

For example, here's Friend A.

Now, the reason I like Friend A is because it doesn't really bother hiding the fact that it's supposed to be sad. It's obviously supposed to be a depressing song, for a moment of... well, sadness.

Now, here's Again.

Again is one of my favourites, because it plays when Kaori tells Kousei to literally play 'again'. She wants to restart the song. She wants the song to go well the second time. She knows that Kousei can do it.

Next, Kousei's Final Song with Kaori.

This is quite literally the final song Kousei plays with Kaori before her... well, her death. Kousei plays with all his heart, hoping that the song will 'get to her'. He hopes that she heard it... because he's playing for her. Kousei loves Kaori.

Finally, my favourite song of all time...

The first opening for Your Lie in April, Hikaru Nara!

Now, without a doubt, Hikaru Nara is the most misleading song in the entire soundtrack. It sets you up for an upbeat, happy anime. Let's look at the English translation of the lyrics.

I fell in love with you that day, as you gazed up at the crimson sky.
Not even an instantaneous frame of this dramatic film will fade,

This just seems like the stereotypical anime lyric thing, right? Boy falls in love with girl, boy thinks that girl will never go away or... something like that.
Along with that, the song in general... is just happy, upbeat, etc.
Who knew an anime like this could be so depressing and have someone make so many memories?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/29/2020 at 4:40 AM, Ohiotaku said:

The link was dead for me so here it is again as a direct link to youtube.  Always glad to hear more Freddy.  :)  https://youtu.be/Hmr5XmAzcRU

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1