Share the Weirdest Anime You've Seen

cowboy

What's the weirdest obscure anime you've seen? I haven't seen a lot since i'm mostly trying to catch up on the big ones, but recently ive been trying to watch more obscure anime.

but, ill start with one:

Damekko Doubutsu is about a forest full of useless animals that are bad at being what they are. Except all of the characters look like humans dressed up in weird animal costumes...? it looks cartoony like it's meant for little kids, but the characters are all adults and some of them drink and smoke.

It aired briefly in 2005. 

2b050c57fb075a5b996ad92935845f147b8254532cb1d2e0c8117b3dd02ba74d69a10c9bd7a78f86

e681d4eb180a6efa20d912a5444b09b80a70ce65

im sure other people can top it, this is just an example.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Weird AND obscure? Pretty sure that honor(?) would go to Papuwa. Strikes me as a parody of Dragonball (before Z) with wardrobe inspired by The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Funny 2

If it's anything weirder than weird, It's Gakuen Handsome. And yes it's an anime and yes I watched 2 episodes of it until I gave up. I just. Don't understand why they made this. It's. Just. Like. Look at the dude's chin. You can kill someone with it. And the opening and endings are just like a great troll or a very bored project by the studio. (The anime's duration is only up to... 5 minutes? It's been 3 years and I'm not touching that ever again.)

1586324046749.jpg

1586324070196.jpg

• Funny 1

So I watched an anime called 11 Eyes. Now It was pretty decent however there is a side story called 11eyes: Momoiro Genmutan it's a one episode side story.  It takes on a weird bizarre XXX-rated turn and it was highly amusing to watch.  

22784.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, txGemgal3084 said:

there is a side story called 11eyes: Momoiro Genmutan it's a one episode side story.  It takes on a weird bizarre XXX-rated turn and it was highly amusing to watch.  

It’s not all that unusual for a series to have an OVA/Special episode that’s much sillier and/or ecchier than usual. The first example that came to my mind is Higurashi (When They Cry). The series itself is psychological/horror based. But there’s an OVA episode where the male lead is wearing a cursed speedo & the whole episode is about the girls trying to pull them off. spacer.png

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Funny 2

• 2 weeks later...