Nice to meet you all! ^^

Amali

Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy it hereย ๐Ÿ˜

Iโ€™d gotten away from anime for awhile when things started to switch over to streaming, but have been making up for it inย recent years.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Amali said:

Hey, I'm new here. Amali is one of my favourite nicknames and I'm excited to meet you all. I had a break from anime for around 9 years or so, but I started watching it again ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome in, new friend! Hope you enjoy yourself here!ย 

What shows do you enjoy? Any particular type of anime?ย 

• Like 3

On 4/14/2020 at 1:57 AM, Nyxnine said:

Hi Amali!!

Welcome to AF! There are a lot of awesome people on here and so I hope you find some new friends!

I loved drawing Rozen Maiden so cute.ย 

:D

Thank you, I am sure I will meet a lot of amazing people! :)

I found it online, I thought it is really beautiful! <3

• Like 3

On 4/14/2020 at 5:12 AM, IIVIsouljam said:

Greetings, Amali. :)ย 

One of your favorite nicknames? Does that mean you have more?ย ๐Ÿ˜ย Nice to meet you, I'm Eza and it's always wonderful having new people come through. I had a long break from anime as well. Not too sure what pulled me back but here I am. Hope you enjoy your experiences on the forum. The community is super friendly, if you need anything just ask away.ย 

I have a few of my absolute favourites and I have stories linked to them, it is a creative process to make a meaningful name after allย :)

It's really nice to meet you! So we are more or less in the same boat. I don't really know what made me watch anime again either but I guess I knew all this time that I would go back to it :D

It is so cool to be on a forum again, the last time I was registered on one was probably over 10 years ago. Feels kind of retro :D

• Like 2

On 4/14/2020 at 9:52 AM, Illusion of Terra said:

hi there, picking up on anime again is a great decision for sure ๐Ÿ˜‚

Hey! Haha, it is, but gosh it eats up lots of time if you get hooked on it :DDDย 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy it hereย ๐Ÿ˜

Iโ€™d gotten away from anime for awhile when things started to switch over to streaming, but have been making up for it inย recent years.

Nice to meet you! Glad to know I am not the only one who took a break. I felt a bit odd because I am older than quite a few of anime fans an now no one wants to watch old anime cause there's lots of good new shows... So I felt like there is this gap I will not be able to bridge and I'll just be like an anime grandma reminiscing about Cowboy Bebop and Death Note and the rest of them old classics :D

• Like 3

21 hours ago, RuthisianCodex said:

Welcome in, new friend! Hope you enjoy yourself here!ย 

What shows do you enjoy? Any particular type of anime?ย 

Nice to meet you! :)

I prefer anime that makes you think, but sometimes your brain also needs to relax so you go for something light.

My favourites are Fullmetal Alchemist, Death Note, Cowboy Bebop, Soul Eater, and (very surprisingly and not really fitting into this list) Black Butler :Dย 

What about you?ย ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Like 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

1 hour ago, Amali said:

Nice to meet you! :)

I prefer anime that makes you think, but sometimes your brain also needs to relax so you go for something light.

My favourites are Fullmetal Alchemist, Death Note, Cowboy Bebop, Soul Eater, and (very surprisingly and not really fitting into this list) Black Butler :Dย 

What about you?ย ๐Ÿ˜Š

I just binged Black Butler a few weeks ago & loved it! I'm a huge fan of horror anime though so no surprise there lol. I'm also really into My Hero Academia, Black Clover, & Fire Force. Some of my more relaxing favorites are Somali and the Forest Spirit & Mushi-Shi.ย 

All of your favorites are on my 'To-Watch' listย ๐Ÿ˜

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Amali said:

I felt a bit odd because I am older than quite a few of anime fansย 

Definitely feel that too. But severalย active members here are in their 30s at least & no oneโ€™s made feel unwelcome, everyoneโ€™s really friendly. Iโ€™m still one of the older members, but thereโ€™s at least one who has a couple years on me :Pย 

In recent years Iโ€™d mainly beenย watching newer series, but still have some older ones to catch up on or finish (Fate Stay Night). May finally get around to it as itโ€™s starting to look like the pandemic could cause a lot of simulcasts to go on hiatus. A bit disappointed since there have been more series this season that seemed enjoyable than in quite awhile. Hopefully theyโ€™ll all get their chance once this is over with, even if it takes awhile. I donโ€™t mind delays, but hope they donโ€™t get scrapped & go unfinished.

3 hours ago, Amali said:

Soul Eater,

1 hour ago, RuthisianCodex said:

Fire Force

These are by the same creator, btw

3 hours ago, Amali said:

Cowboy Bebop,

Might want toย check out a currently airing series called Appare Ranman because it has a similar feel to it.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 4

yeah we are getting old ๐Ÿ˜‚ย I still remember the first time a few years back when some older teenagers called me 'mister' and I thought like 'come on, I'm not much older than you, am I?' ๐Ÿ˜‚ย also don't appreciate the hair density on my head steadilyย decreasing with age ๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

Edited by Illusion of Terra
  • Like 1
  • Silly 1

3 hours ago, Amali said:

Nice to meet you! Glad to know I am not the only one who took a break. I felt a bit odd because I am older than quite a few of anime fans an now no one wants to watch old anime cause there's lots of good new shows... So I felt like there is this gap I will not be able to bridge and I'll just be like an anime grandma reminiscing about Cowboy Bebop and Death Note and the rest of them old classics :D

If death note is considered a classic then I feel we are similar in age hahaha

I wouldn't get to caught up on age here. Although, I totally know how you feel.ย 

^^-

• Like 2

On 4/15/2020 at 12:12 PM, RuthisianCodex said:

I just binged Black Butler a few weeks ago & loved it! I'm a huge fan of horror anime though so no surprise there lol. I'm also really into My Hero Academia, Black Clover, & Fire Force. Some of my more relaxing favorites are Somali and the Forest Spirit & Mushi-Shi.ย 

All of your favorites are on my 'To-Watch' listย ๐Ÿ˜

I have never read manga, but black butler made me considerย it :Dย Are most of the ones you mentioned 'new'? As in, later than 2015 I guess :D

Oh I so recommend them, they are awesome! <3ย I hope you'll enjoy them. They are all quite serious ones, so be prepared ;)ย Also they're different styles and all of them are very unique <3ย 

On 4/15/2020 at 1:14 PM, Ohiotaku said:

Definitely feel that too. But severalย active members here are in their 30s at least & no oneโ€™s made feel unwelcome, everyoneโ€™s really friendly. Iโ€™m still one of the older members, but thereโ€™s at least one who has a couple years on me :Pย 

In recent years Iโ€™d mainly beenย watching newer series, but still have some older ones to catch up on or finish (Fate Stay Night). May finally get around to it as itโ€™s starting to look like the pandemic could cause a lot of simulcasts to go on hiatus. A bit disappointed since there have been more series this season that seemed enjoyable than in quite awhile. Hopefully theyโ€™ll all get their chance once this is over with, even if it takes awhile. I donโ€™t mind delays, but hope they donโ€™t get scrapped & go unfinished.

These are by the same creator, btw

Might want toย check out a currently airing series called Appare Ranman because it has a similar feel to it.

Haha sounds nice! It does seem that everyone is super nice here :)

When did Fate Stay Night get released? To me it sounds like a new one, cause I went on my 'anime break' around 2010 :D

Yeah, this situation is affecting every aspect of our life. I just hope those studios survive tbh.

Thanks a lot for recommendations, I'll save them! <3

On 4/15/2020 at 1:32 PM, Illusion of Terra said:

yeah we are getting old ๐Ÿ˜‚ย I still remember the first time a few years back when some older teenagers called me 'mister' and I thought like 'come on, I'm not much older than you, am I?' ๐Ÿ˜‚ย also don't appreciate the hair density on my head steadilyย decreasing with age ๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

Age is just a number, doesn't matter :Pย we are young at heart <3ย Also I think it depends on how you see it, being called 'mister' can also be hilarious :D

On 4/15/2020 at 1:49 PM, Nyxnine said:

If death note is considered a classic then I feel we are similar in age hahaha

I wouldn't get to caught up on age here. Although, I totally know how you feel.ย 

^^-

I'm 25, which isn't old at all of course, but it seems that a lot of anime fans online are way under 20.

and yep, definitely doesn't matter anyway :P

On 4/15/2020 at 4:56 PM, Myouya said:

@Amaliย Welcome to Anime Forumsย โ˜…

Thanks a lot! Also, those drawings are awesome! <3

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Amali said:

I'm 25, which isn't old at all of course, but it seems that a lot of anime fans online are way under 20.

and yep, definitely doesn't matter anyway :P

Yes, just a number. And, I think you will find you are around good company if you think 25 is old hahahaha

(it's a good spaced out group of ages and lots of different life experience instead of a younger gen here...from what I've found thus far)

Edited by Nyxnine
  • Like 1

On 4/16/2020 at 6:28 AM, IIVIsouljam said:

Wow, I never really looked at it that way. I'm glad that you have stories attached to them. :)ย Lots of people just call me Eza or Eli. Although, I had a best friend back in middle school that called me Li-Li. Oh, duhโ€”I suppose none of this makes any sense but it's because my name is Elizabeth.ย ๐Ÿ˜‚ย I chose my username because I like Jazz music. Two-five-one is a common progression in the genre. Suuuper corny, I know.ย ๐Ÿ˜„

Yeah, I took a long hiatus from anime. More than five years, I think. Then I had to catch up on some of the shows I missed. Sometimes, I'm still a little picky with anime because of the distance I gave it. I don't even remember which show pulled me back in. Welcome to the Ballroom perhaps.ย 

Same here. :)ย Well, technically not a forum forum but I was on Crunchyroll for a bit. I haven't been there in eight years though. Welcome to the retro club!ย ๐Ÿ˜„ย 

Those nicknames are really nice though! And my friends name is Elizabeth too and I call her Eli <3

I recently realised I like some jazz music, but it really depends...I think I usually prefer smooth one (usually associated with cafe background music I guess). I think I discovered jazz through Cowboy Bebop soundtracks :D

OMG this is such a coincidence (in a way) that it is crazy! I just watched 'Welcome to the Ballroom' last week. It was my first ever sport anime and I was surprised that I really liked it :)

Wait, Crunchyroll is that old?O.O I assumed it was a very new thing! I don't have an account cause I am a student and I decided that for now it is not investing :Dย And thanks! I like retro things, so this is quite fitting :DDD

2 hours ago, Amali said:

When did Fate Stay Night get released? To me it sounds like a new one, cause I went on my 'anime break' around 2010 :D

The original is from 2006, I started watching it but never finished but donโ€™t remember why. Just last year I watched the prequel Fate Zero (2011 - 2012) and loved it. Have since watched some of the spin off side stories, but wasnโ€™t impressed. Really need to give the original another try.

• Like 1