Hey!

Diogenes

Hey, you there, on the other side of the screen!

spacer.png

Mandatory Jojo meme aside, I am here because of the infinite boredom brought by the current lockdown measures. There is no discussing anime with my friends when I can't meet them... oh, and also none of my friends like anime or Japanese stuff in the first place, so actually, there is no discussing it at any time. So I thought I might as well use the spare time to give this forum a shot. Be gentle with me!

All my preferences (ehem... the ones I'm comfortable with sharing) are fully documented on my MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/LordPoint

• Like 3

Oh, I wish he was, that would be epic! But alas, he was just a savage Greek philosopher who I respect, whose name happens to be a Jojo reference - it's 2 birds with 1 stone, if you ask me! 😎 You've got quite interesting username yourself, Illusion of Terra - where's that from?

Haha - I use that term fairly deliberately. Just imagine people you have to interact with on daily basis 😅 I live in a world of normies, so that thing is kinda unavoidable.

• Like 1

yeah, I am familiar with the barrel-dweller Diogenese, that's why I thought it was an unusual choice 😂 my username is just a mix of different things and not from anything particular. I didn't know about that Jojo reference though. then again there are so many Jojo references 😂 

interact with people on a daily basis? now you are making even less sense 😂 

Edited by Illusion of Terra
  • Like 1

My boi Dio(genes) has some sick quotes, and it's the best I could come with it, so give me a break 😅 

Lol - worry not, no need to deal with such complicated concepts these days! Onto the online community from the safety of one's room!

• Like 2

Lol I'm enjoying this banter.

Welcome to AF! It IS pretty active for unfortunate reasons (I think) but, a good time to rummage through feeds and make some new friends. I know how it feels to have friends who don't have similar interests with everything you enjoy...but at least there are platforms such as these ;)

People here are pretty friendly so don't worry about being shy ^^v

And pleaseee liking anime makes me not a normy? Is anyone even normal? Now you have to define normal hahaha

Be safe :)

Edited by Nyxnine
  • Like 2

Dio so badass even troll kings like Vanir be  copying him 

Honestly  I didn’t get that far into Jojo beyond the original story arc, but could see myself revisiting it someday. I generally prefer shorter series.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it here 😁 

• Like 2
  • Friendly 1

Indeed, so far I'm enjoying myself here 😁

Thanks Nyxnine! Well, each coin has two sides I guess. I haven't tried making friends online since I was a child, so let's see how it goes! But no need to worry about me, shyness is not one of my virtues.

Your laughing, but you can define normal, or normie, very easily! In fact, there is a wikipedia page for it (as there is for everything) https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/normie And I just can't bring myself to enjoy what is commonly enjoyed by masses. Please don't call me a hipster though 😅

Good one Rak! I mean... Ohiotaku! (love your profile picture) I swear, one can find Jojo references in almost every anime 😂 Most definitely recommend revisiting the series - Jojo is life. Though I liked the first 2-3 the most.

Thanks for welcoming me!

Edited by Diogenes
  • Like 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

42 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Thanks Nyxnine! Well, each coin has two sides I guess. I haven't tried making friends online since I was a child, so let's see how it goes! But no need to worry about me, shyness is not one of my virtues.

Your laughing, but you can define normal, or normie, very easily! In fact, there is a wikipedia page for it (as there is for everything) https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/normie And I just can't bring myself to enjoy what is commonly enjoyed by masses. Please don't call me a hipster though 😅

I was laughing but now I am laughing more. Hahaha, hipster. 

I shall try to refrain :P

I used to use forums a lot back when I was in junior high, was in the same boat as you are now 😛 I'm sure you will find it interesting now with a more mature perspective. Although, I could be wrong hahaha.

Have fun ^_^-

• Like 1

@Diogenes yeah definitely agree there that the original Diogenes at least was neither normal nor a normie 😂 

Also since you still have a rather neutral view when it comes to the people here, vote in the latest contest, if you want that is 😂 

https://animeforums.net/topic/11535-community-voting-reverse-isekai-art-contest/

Edited by Illusion of Terra
  • Like 2

@Nyxnine 😅😅

You're right, that's actually a great point! I remember looking up to the "old" people in chats and forums when I was about junior high school age - I thought their knowledge and composure were cool. I guess it's time to be cool myself 😎 Although, I am more of a goofy type, so not sure how successful that will be 😅

@Illusion of Terra Exactly!

Oh, an art contest - splendid! Do you hold these here often, or did I just get lucky? Also, consider my vote placed.

Edited by Diogenes
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

@Nyxnine 😅😅

You're right, that's actually a great point! I remember looking up to the "old" people in chats and forums when I was about junior high school age - I thought their knowledge and composure were cool. I guess it's time to be cool myself 😎 Although, I am more of a goofy type, so not sure how successfully that will be 😅

Be goofy. There is nothing wrong with that. Being yourself is probably why you thought the others were cool hahaha.

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1