animal crossing is overrated

Fraggiebaby

10/10 clickbait

To be completely honest, I've been stuck at home for over a month. This quarantine is really pushing my patience. I would have never thought I'd miss going to work this bad. I'm pretty sure all of us has taken 2 to 3 weeks of vacation at one point, but this isn't it chef. Unable to go anywhere adding more unwanted mass to my already unattractive body is horrible. Come to think of it, the last time I ever felt like this was when I was back in high school. I'm not sure if it's common in other public school systems, but the duration for my summer vacations were about 2 months. I'd normally spend the first month of my glamorous high school summer vacations with my family; then followed by my parents dropping me back home while they do their own shit. Leaving me home alone. Normally in situations like these you'd imagine I'd have epic house parties like the ones you see on white-washed Hollywood teen movies. Sorry to disappoint you. But being an adolescent with borderline no friends and only carrying half the recommended chromosomes, I didn't do that. Instead, I stayed home watched anime and played video games with my janked PC setup that ran all my games on the minimum spec requirements.

Very early on in my high school life(maybe the first few months of my freshmen year), I discovered websites called forums where I can engage with people whom shared similar interests of anime and video games like I did. This whole concept was foreign to me but so fascinating. You were essentially telling a prepubescent boy(who had anime pictures as his Facebook and MySpace profile pictures with no friends to talk about Japanese cartoons) that there's a whole world out there. Dedicated to talk about THAT kind of shit 24/7. So naturally I signed up on my first anime forum community. I've visited, and joined countless communities that I'd never forget during those times in high school. I learned so much things I never thought I could have learned back then. 

Anyways, long story short I want to join another forum based community. It's been over 4 years since I last visited one of the forums I use to frequently used. Unfortunately they shut down(many others too. some being totally inactive). I Hope ya'll don't mind. 

Pretty sure no one will ask, but Reddit, and MAL, were, and still is, shit. No disrespect but, I got banned on reddit, and i think someone bullied me on MAL which discouraged me to go back. Discord is good and all, but discord doesn't have the same feeling as a forum does. I don't know.

Sorry4longpost if you red u hav big pp

• Silly 1

7 hours ago, Wedgy said:

I've made the case before. Discord has its niche and it does not and never will replace forum discussion. I'm also of the opinion reddit can just be toxic simply in thanks to the karma system. It's so hard to have a constructive conversation when anonymous voting decides whether your post is seen or buried and hidden.

Anyway I hope you like us! We don't bite far as I know.

Exactly. Glad someone feels the same way. Discord is really cool and all, but its just a glorified whatsapp. 

lol i never really got the chance to use reddit. But I really never had an issue with it in smaller subreddits. but i see what you mean by the karma system. Kind of unfortunate it puts popular opinions on a pedestal creating bias in some cases. 

Thanks for the warm welcome. plus i taste like popo so i doubt anyone will dare to bite me

Welcome to the forums @Fraggiebaby. Seems you have the opposite problem as me. I'm essential (and just got a promotion) so basically I live at work now....what I wouldn't give for a long vacation.  Planning a major surgery come winter though so I'll be out on leave for 2 months then so I suppose I'll be getting my own time off eventually.

I really could live at home without issue for years....early retirement. All the sleep I could have....lol. 

Anyways, what video games are you interested in and currently playing? And what kinds of anime do you typically gravitate towards?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beocat said:

Welcome to the forums @Fraggiebaby. Seems you have the opposite problem as me. I'm essential (and just got a promotion) so basically I live at work now....what I wouldn't give for a long vacation.  Planning a major surgery come winter though so I'll be out on leave for 2 months then so I suppose I'll be getting my own time off eventually.

I really could live at home without issue for years....early retirement. All the sleep I could have....lol. 

Anyways, what video games are you interested in and currently playing? And what kinds of anime do you typically gravitate towards?

Aw that's awesome man. So are you receiving the surgery or doing it? If you're receiving it, hope it turns out well man. You got this bud. Not sure if that means anything coming from me. Catch up on stuff you probably missed or never did when you were too busy. Also hope to see the pandemic die down in the winter so you can enjoy or worry a little less after that surgery. Glad to hear you're also a hard worker. I mean I can't per-say I relate to you but right out of high school I started working due to living alone and shit. Never took vacations for years til i got my big break. Hope you rest up after that major surgery. lol and dont RETIRE EARLY MAN. Not sure how old you are but i'd imagine myself going crazy. Going through a midlife crises in my mid 20s doesnt sound like a good plan rofl. I mean I would probably wouldn't say the same if i were to have kids and a wife maybe.

ummmm as for video games and anime... I've been honestly loosing touch with them as time goes on. but i'm alittle above the casual demographic.

I'm slowly starting to get back in to MMORPGs. Recently got black desert online, and im currently playing it with a bunch of friends. I'm really excited for 2 new games that are coming out: genshin impact(more of a coop base game but still interested) and blue protocol. been playing overwatch since it came out. borderline diamond. but to be fair, i literally transitioned to every platform, except on the switch, and only started playing on PC less than 2 years ago. 80 percent of the games i play are fps games .

as for anime, i tend to stir away from shounen or any kind of action type anime unless they're in the seinen genre(im still picky when it comes to it though). never was really the type to keep track of the anime i've watched in a list, but if i were to guess 90 percent of the anime i've watched so far are all in the realms of drama, romance, shoujo, slice of life, and romcoms. pretty feminine i know

Edited by Fraggiebaby