Konnichiwa ^_^" I am Q .

PeacemakerQ

Hey, All You Cool Cats and Kittens!--No, no. . . I'm kidding.  

Er, Hmph. . . 😑

Greetings, Everyone from AF!! XD My name is Quentin. Formerly known as PeacemakerQ !! 

Or Peace. . . Or Maker. . . Or. . . Uh,  you know what? Q is just fine. ^_^"

Something about myself, you ask?

OH! I'm a manga writer.  I have about 5 projects in the works right now and my DREAM is to get serialized! Become an anime, you know? . . .YOU KNOW?? 😭

I love mystery and psychological stories the best but, BUT. . .  I do love action and adventure also, ALSO. . . I really like sport animes and thrillers! You know what, though. . . you show me an anime you're passionate about and I'll most def take a look at it 👌 I'm a pretty open-minded guy when you get to know me. So, hopefully I get to talk with most of you here ^_^.  Feel free to ask me about my manga projects as well!   

Happy Foruming! Er, h-Happy Readings! Watchings??

Cheers!  👋

• Like 2

@IIVIsouljam Nice to meet you! I appreciate the hospitality 🙃 

Is it difficult to be a manga writer? Absolutely! Now, if you were to ask a multitude of writers what made writing manga difficult, then I'm sure you would get a whole list of different complaints! 🤬

. . . I mean, answers. 😉

For me, I'd say it's difficult because when you're sitting there for hours, thinking about an interesting concept or a crazy character OR AN INTERESTING CHARACTER THAT HAS CRAZY CONCEPTS!!! and then you finally think of something amazing. . . it's imperative to know that we can't hold onto that amazing idea for dear life.  A good writer knows that ideas evolve. Sometimes, they evolve to the point that they aren't even the same idea anymore! So, it's important that your pride isn't holding you back from your creative process because you will ALWAYS come up with a better idea✌️ As far as what got me started with writing manga, I think it was just the will to try it one day! Always loved writing stories when I was younger. I also day dream 24 7 so I'm consistently thinking about "what if" scenarios anyway 😂   

Love Haikyuu, btw. 🖤 😭🧡  

And I agree, sports anime do hit you with that "Oh snap! I feel like I'm learning how to play the game alongside (Insert Novice Protagonist That Becomes a Badass Pro Without Super Powers Here) "

Thank you for the great questions! Let's talk any time! ^_^

• Like 1

@IIVIsouljam I'd like to hear your children's book ideas, sometime 🙃  People might say manga is harder but Winnie The Pooh is a masterpiece! 

9 hours ago, IIVIsouljam said:

I just wish falling on your face during a sports activity was as perfectly dramatic as it is in anime. 😆 Although, I took a long break from rollerblading and had suddenly got back into it. Had to learn how to balance and, most importantly, how to brake again. From a friend's POV, she said it was pretty comical when I went down a hill—flailing through some bushes. Then I got up trying to run because I went right into a spider. 😭

I'm crying 😭😭😭 !!! That's too funny. If you don't put that in one of your books , then I don't know what I'd do ! 🤣 

If you like rollerblading , then you must've watched the anime "Air Gear" ???  This show puts you in the perfect mood for it and I love it!

10 hours ago, IIVIsouljam said:

You're welcome, capacity of a class A rambler. You're probably like, I just wanted to introduce myself and this crazy person showed up🤣

Absolutely not! My first impression was "Oh, hey! Somebody with some personality! You don't see that often " 😋 Cheers!   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Illusion of Terra said:

hi there! interesting, I don't think I have ever met someone who was a manga writer. is a manga writer someone who creates a whole manga, or someone who thinks up the story, setting etc. and writes it down?

Hello @Illusion of Terra ! 🙃 Some situations are different. Depending on the project, a manga writer could also be the artist. There could be multiple writers that assist the main writer with certain story elements.  There could be multiple artists working on the same project while one writer is handling the "blueprint" as a whole. Typically, there's only one main writer and one main artist.  My job as a manga writer is to not only create the story but sketch up character designs , the world the story takes place in (the setting, as you've mentioned), create rough drafts of each page, and to put it simply, anything you see in the final stages of a manga project comes from the ol' noodle 🧠 🤓 .  But ultimately, writers are required to have some kind of drawing skills in the professional world. I personally enjoy working with other artists who are MUCH MUCH more talented in the art department. Plus, a lot of work gets done faster when you're with a team. 2 heads are better than 1, right? 🙂🙃 You'll probably never see someone doing everything by themselves in a creative project like this especially when you have a schedule to maintain. Trust me, Deadlines are a 🤬🤬

Hahaha, hope this answers your question. Thanks for chatting! 

• Like 1

Forgive the apprehension, but last time someone introduced themselves as Q, it led to a confrontation with The Borg ... <ahem> Anyway, welcome to the forums.

• Funny 3

1 hour ago, Ohiotaku said:

Forgive the apprehension, but last time someone introduced themselves as Q, it led to a confrontation with The Borg ... <ahem> Anyway, welcome to the forums.

This is a Star Trek reference but you're going to hate me when I tell you this . . . I've never watched it all the way through!!! 😭 The same goes for Star Wars 😭

I have no good excuse for this. I was corrupted as a child. I was dropped on my head. I'm an abomination. Nobody loves me. I solely watched anime and cartoons for hours with drool dangling from my mouth and a deadpan stare. BUT HEY, let's look on the bright side. The thing people have enjoyed for years is something I still get to enjoy with fresh eyes! 🤩

I just gotta, you know, watch it . . .  O_O  

• Silly 1

4 hours ago, PeacemakerQ said:

This is a Star Trek reference but you're going to hate me when I tell you this . . . I've never watched it all the way through!!! 😭 The same goes for Star Wars 😭

I have no good excuse for this. I was corrupted as a child. I was dropped on my head. I'm an abomination. Nobody loves me. I solely watched anime and cartoons for hours with drool dangling from my mouth and a deadpan stare. BUT HEY, let's look on the bright side. The thing people have enjoyed for years is something I still get to enjoy with fresh eyes! 🤩

I just gotta, you know, watch it . . .  O_O  

You are not alone.  I too never completed either franchise.  SW I kind of drifted away from after being traumatized by Jar-Jar.  I did always mean to go back once the flood of episodes subsided and I could watch them properly in order but then Vader joined The Mouse and it was just too much cognitive dissonance for me to deal with.  :D  As for ST, while I watched virtually all of TOS, my excuse is that we didn't have a lot of entertainment choices back before computers and the 'Net.*  I still have grey matter dedicated to remembering select episodes of the TOS (Trouble with Tribbles, Shore Leave, etc.) and don't begrudge the allocation.  However,  I took a science & technology route career-wise and as I got older the more I realized both franchises are more fantasy than SF the less I was interested.

Don't even get me started on the extreme monetization of both franchises.  Seriously, just don't.

*Yes, I predate the invention of both the integrated-circuit and the Internet.  🙀

• Funny 1

8 hours ago, Kity said:

Welcome, your avy looks wholesome.

spacer.png

Have a nice day desu. :3

Your persona is very wholesome =^.^= Ki o tsukete , neko-chan !   

4 hours ago, efaardvark said:

You are not alone.  I too never completed either franchise.  SW I kind of drifted away from after being traumatized by Jar-Jar.  I did always mean to go back once the flood of episodes subsided and I could watch them properly in order but then Vader joined The Mouse and it was just too much cognitive dissonance for me to deal with.  :D  As for ST, while I watched virtually all of TOS, my excuse is that we didn't have a lot of entertainment choices back before computers and the 'Net.*  I still have grey matter dedicated to remembering select episodes of the TOS (Trouble with Tribbles, Shore Leave, etc.) and don't begrudge the allocation.  However,  I took a science & technology route career-wise and as I got older the more I realized both franchises are more fantasy than SF the less I was interested.

Don't even get me started on the extreme monetization of both franchises.  Seriously, just don't.

*Yes, I predate the invention of both the integrated-circuit and the Internet.  🙀

I'm glad someone is on my side 🤣

What shows do you prefer? I'm very curious! 🙂

26 minutes ago, PeacemakerQ said:

What shows do you prefer? I'm very curious!

Mainly hard-core science fiction.  Emphasis on the science.  I've got a dead topic around here somewhere on it.  I'll watch pretty much anything for entertainment, but to really get me fired up it has to be possible in the real universe.  I've also got a professional background in electrical engineering, computer programming, and space exploration, and got good grades in physics in college so I'm kind of hard to please in that respect.  Write me a series set in the outer-system with thorium-powered O'Neills orbiting dwarf planets and I'm yours.  Fox Cluster or bust!  :D  Some of my favorite animes would be Planetes, Ghost in the Shell, Moonlight Mile... that sort of thing.  Hollywood is pretty much a wasteland imo.  The Expanse came close but the Ceres thing kinda kept getting in my face.  The Martian was another close one.  Hollyweird just can't do science right.

Edited by efaardvark
topic link
  • Like 1