Kaguya-sama: Love is War

RZ.

I'll be starting my catch up on the second season soon and was wondering if anybody had watched the first? I really enjoyed this show despite the fact its from a genre that I'm usually not that interested in. Hopefully they're still releasing episodes for the 2nd season through the pandemic as I know a lot have been postponed lately.

Chika remains my primary reason for watching spacer.png

1 hour ago, RZ. said:

Hopefully they're still releasing episodes for the 2nd season through the pandemic as I know a lot have been postponed lately.

No mention of a delay so far, knock on wood. 

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

14 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

Chika remains my primary reason for watching spacer.png

No mention of a delay so far, knock on wood. 

Do we need any other reason to watch? I shall even keep her image in the quote :D

I'm told by manga readers that Ishigami might be getting a love interest soon so I'm quite excited to see that!

10 minutes ago, RZ. said:

I'm told by manga readers that Ishigami might be getting a love interest soon so I'm quite excited to see that!

Promotional images for the new season show a meganeko & new student council member, so guessing it’s one of them.

spacer.png [/spolier]

After watching episode 4, seems like their relationship will start off on a more antagonistic note. Ishigami has a real talent for pissing girls off 😂 Also funny how easily she was able to win Chika over. And personally I prefer Hayasaka’s real personality to her fake cutesy one. Good episode.

Edited by Ohiotaku

Another episode 4 tidbit: the translation of Miko’s campaign flyer (courtesy of CR’s forums)

I Iino Miko, in order to preserve a healthy and wholesome school environment will implement the below official policies for the sake of a better Shuuchiin:

1. Boys have buzz-cuts, girls have braids or pleats.
Skirts 10cm below the knee. No frivolous accessories. 

2. No carrying cell phones.

3. Weekly bag inspections.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 2

Watched the first episode today and wasn't disappointed, should have this caught up by tomorrow :D

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

Very funny episode this week incorporating some Asobi Asobase style facial expressions 🤣

I can sympathize with Kurogane’s tone deafness, though I believe I’m beyond even Chika’s ability to help.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Funny 1

Didn’t really care for this week’s episode. Not much humor & this series serious side rarely appeals to me since I feel little actual empathy for the characters. Also apparently my disdain for politics extends to the school level, at least as it was portrayed here. Hopefully next week will be back to the lighter side of things.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

Didn’t really care for this week’s episode. Not much humor & this series serious side rarely appeals to me since I feel little actual empathy for the characters. Also apparently my disdain for politics extends to the school level, at least as it was portrayed here. Hopefully next week will be back to the lighter side of things.

I'm surrounded by politics in my everyday life (by choice) so yeah, it was a little unexpected, but not too bad as long as it's a one off. I'm generally enjoying the series so far. 

• Agree 1

Episode 7 -  I had to keep hitting pause until I could stop laughing & see again 🤣 That hasn’t happened since Asobi Adobase ended. Wouldn’t surprise me if Miko asks for a transfer after all that

• Like 2

On 5/23/2020 at 7:09 PM, Ohiotaku said:

Episode 7 -  I had to keep hitting pause until I could stop laughing & see again 🤣 That hasn’t happened since Asobi Adobase ended. Wouldn’t surprise me if Miko asks for a transfer after all that

Yea , it was funny :P 

• Agree 1

Season 2 episode 8

Chika turns her corrupting influence on Iino. Ishigami continues to say & do things to make girls hate him. And Kaguya would rather believe she is critically ill than admit  her feelings 🤣

Past 2 weeks had me laughing almost constantly.

• 2 weeks later...

Wish Miyuki’s family showed up more often 😂 Also the segment of Kaguya & Chika trying to teach him to dance was really funny. Despite the season being almost over, the two new characters haven’t really grown on me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

While I stand behind my earlier comment that this series is at it’s best when the focus is on comedy, Ishigami’s time in the spotlight was very impactful & you can’t look at his character the same way afterwards.

• Like 1

The opening segment of the season's final episode was actually very effective on triggering the feelz. But then they closed out on something silly (though funny). And of course nothing is settled leaving the path open for season 3 (not confirmed, but inevitable nonetheless).

Edited by Ohiotaku

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Swimsuit episode incoming 😳WARNING: they’ve really upped the level of oppai, so may not want to watch trailer if that offends you 🙈

Article is below 

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-05-07/kaguya-sama-love-is-war-ova-promo-video-teases-swimsuit-episode-more/.172530

Edited by Ohayotaku

28 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

Swimsuit episode incoming 😳WARNING: they’ve really upped the level of oppai, so may not want to watch trailer if that offends you 🙈

Article is below 

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-05-07/kaguya-sama-love-is-war-ova-promo-video-teases-swimsuit-episode-more/.172530

That's - erm - a lot of oppai 😳 At least they kept my girl Miko Iino pure...

And Ishigami :D

• Funny 1

• 9 months later...

They really went all out on the teaser for season 3 🤣

Just  a little over a month away, will have to see who picks up the streaming rights.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Funny 1