Anime Travel Plans?

RuthisianCodex

Hey guys! Since all my long distance travel plans for this year have been cancelled due to the pandemic, I've decided to start planning some trips for 2021 & beyond. Over the last 6 months my love for anime has grown tremendously & since I've always wanted to visit Japan anyway, I've decided to plan a trip to Akihabara, which is the anime district in Tokyo! I'd like to stay at the Tokyo Prince Hotel because they actually have a My Hero Academia suite that I would love to stay in but I would also like to spend some time in Kyoto if possible. And I'd also like to stop by the Swallowtail Butler Cafe since I'm a huge Black Butler fan as well. 

Here are some links for more information about the Tokyo Prince Hotel & Swallowtail Butler Cafe if anyone is interested in checking them out:

https://www.moshimoshi-nippon.jp/275169

https://livejapan.com/en/in-tokyo/in-pref-tokyo/in-ikebukuro/article-a0000531/

Has anyone else here gone on trips like this? If so, where & how was it? Can you recommend any cool places to check out? 

UPDATE: Alright so apparently, the Tokyo Prince Hotel no longer has the MHA themed rooms since it was only until February 2020. However, I find it hard to believe that no other hotel in the anime district would have rooms like that so I will dig around & see what other themed hotels I can find. 

Also, for all MHA fans there is a My Hero Convention happening in Birmingham, Alabama this year from Oct 16th to Oct 18th IF it doesn't get cancelled due to COVID-19 & more information can be found here:

https://myheroconvention.com/

Edited by RuthisianCodex
  • Like 2

I'd like to visit Akihabera too, but not just for the anime.  There's games and electronics too, among other things.  In fact, I first heard about it in regards to its electronics/computer aspect, back in the day.  For a long time big Japanese consumer electronic manufacturers such as Sony would use it as a sort of dumping ground for test runs of weird & wonderful (or not) devices that they'd decided not to mass produce for one reason or another.  Lots of component-level stuff too.  More like the geek or nerd district than just an "anime district".

btw.. thought your topic said "time travel plans".  :D  Speed reading error.  Plus I need sleep.  Carry on.....

• Like 1

Well given the current global situation at the present it is hard to say exactly when I will be traveling again. Though when we at last can I do plan to go to Japan of course for the anime, but also just because I have always loved it and learning about it. As far as other places its hard to say. 

• Like 1

I've wanted to visit Akihabara ever since I saw its depiction in Steins;Gate! (Which I'm sure is definitely accurate lol)

I have no solid plans but I do have lots of places I'd like to visit. Me and my friend have been talking about visiting Japan at some point though we've had some disagreements about where to go (I want to go Kyoto but he's more set on Osaka or Tokyo). I think we'd end up getting to all of them anyway :D We also need a Japanese speaker, and we know one, we just don't know if he'd be down to join us yet. 

Closer to home I'd love to visit some of the anime shops in London, preferably when I have a surplus of cash so I don't feel bad when I spend myself into oblivion 😅

• Like 1

I got on Orbitz.com just to do some pricing on trips for later this year & I've gotta say the range in prices for domestic versus international travel is very interesting. A trip to Akihabara for a week costs less than $2,000 including airfare & hotel but a trip to New Mexico for the same time frame is well over $2,000 & even closer to $3,000 in some cases. Now I'm just sitting here really wanting to book a trip to Japan but I won't because I don't want to have to turn right around & cancel it.