Any non anime shows you’re watching?

OtakuKid

• 2 weeks later...

I've been watching so so much Metalocalypse, it wa my childhood - honestly - I didn't like it as a child, but I still watched it, although, as a metalhead now, this show is so f***ing awesome that I cannot express my love for it enough! 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2022 at 6:47 AM, KaiyaSaysHaiya said:

I've been watching the new Wednesday series on Netflix. It's nice to see Wednesday Addams getting her own series!

I've honestly been debating avoiding the series, I'm unsure on how well they could portray Wednesday plus the trailers seemed to make it a little to riverdale/sabrina vibe and though they were good the later series just went eek. 

As for myself, I've been watching a load of Friends, I need to finally finish The Walking Dead and also the beautiful show of Outlander!  

On 11/30/2022 at 1:25 AM, Metro said:

I've honestly been debating avoiding the series, I'm unsure on how well they could portray Wednesday plus the trailers seemed to make it a little to riverdale/sabrina vibe and though they were good the later series just went eek. 

As for myself, I've been watching a load of Friends, I need to finally finish The Walking Dead and also the beautiful show of Outlander!  

yeah, I was honestly quite disappointed and kinda dropped it. I'm not a huge fan of the story and concepts, and I think some of the original Addams Family characters.

I'm not calling it a bad series, because it is pretty good. I just think they could've in a different path when creating it.

• Like 2

On 11/25/2022 at 6:47 AM, KaiyaSaysHaiya said:

I've been watching the new Wednesday series on Netflix

13 hours ago, KaiyaSaysHaiya said:

I've honestly been debating avoiding the series

I haven't been watching it because I don't have a Netflix sub, but if I did I'd probably avoid the series. I've never really been a fan of spin-off shows, especially  new spin-off shows based on old classic series to me they always give the impression that the TV station wants a new series for their line-up but lack the imagination to create something new so they dig out an old series and use that as a starting point.

To be honest while I watched the original Addams Family, and quite enjoyed it, I was never really a fan of the series and much preferred the Munsters.

Got a 6 month trial membership of Disney+, so have been checking it out  intermittently this week.

Watched the Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday special & Werewolf by Night, but thought both were pretty meh.

Watched the first episode of Willow (the series) . Not exactly  inventive, but pretty enjoyable. Characters are likable. And the designs & effects for the enemies make them pretty creepy, especially the harpy/shapeshifter.

Also the 1st ep of Miraculous Ladybug season 4.

Been watching Alias season 1, four episodes in like it so far. It does feel fairly dated lol but that's to be expected. Last show I watched was Season1 of Gotham, which I enjoyed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Scott Manley posted a new cooking how-to on youtube that showed a .. different way to cook a turkey.

I guess he had some free time over the holidays.  Maybe too much free time.  🤣🤣

(For what it's worth I'm more of a fan of the deep-fried method of turkey cooking.)

Kinda anime adjacent, but Crunchyroll added a Fate Grand Order stage play. Haven’t gotten very far, but so far the first meeting between Mash Kyrielight & Dr. Roman.

I've been watching a TV documentary called "The Trains that Changed the World" it's a really interesting programme charting how the coming of the railways changed just about every aspect of life and shaped the world we live in. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...