Any non anime shows you’re watching?

OtakuKid

I’m personally a huge fan of doctor who, a British sci-fi show about time travel. Cheesy? Yes. Melodramatic? A bit, yes. Amazing? Obviously!!!!

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Sauron said:

Someone give me a like if you're into AGT (America's Got Talent) OR BGT (Britain's Got Talent)!

And @Mikeyboy636 
That's down my alley! Lately I've been watching Chicago PD & Law & Order! 

Law and order svu thats a classic for me... chicago PD not watched before worth the time? 

• 2 weeks later...

I started Channel Zero the other day, and have to say I am happily amused with it. Each season (there are 4 season) are based off of different Creepy Pasta stories. There are only 6 episodes a season, at about 45min a pop. So it isn't too big of an investment. 

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Geano said:

Apart from anime I really like sifi, and I am starting Babylon 5 soon.

B5 is one of my all-time favorites.  Commander Sheridan and Ivanova are two of my favorite SF characters.

Sheridan_youcoulddothat.jpg.3ad501740ac6916b95e05f525295ec8a.jpgsheridan-and-ivanova.jpg.6e143e9466e2b9dc369cd907e1b00591.jpg

I'm currently rewatching Clone High outside of small clips and memes. I remember watching that show back in the day before it was canned by MTV (now outdated as hell). Can't wait to have it back.

phg3uuleok2qbwe.jpg

• 6 months later...

Doctor Who is a great choice to watch, Knighted AF Member! I think it has the elements of both a good show and a relatable one at the latest episodes. It was one of the shows that my friend told me about and i am such a picky watcher. I did not like it at first but then I went on to appreciate it and now I am a fan in the long run. This one has got to be some of the best shows I have ever watched in my time as a working adult with spare time too.

• 1 month later...
On 5/11/2021 at 5:48 PM, Zila said:

Well, it's not Japanese animation but I've been watching Captain Planet and Gargoyles. 😆

I thought I was the only one who has rewatched Captain Planet! Great 90's cartoon. 

Edited by mechaBD

I watched several episodes of M.O.D.O.K. on Hulu, but honestly don’t know if I’ll finish it. As much as I’m a nerd for sone of that obscure Marvel Comics lore, it’s basically just a really long Robot Chicken skit with typical Adult Swim “humor” while still trying to say something about family, but in a really snarky way.

• 1 month later...

Rewatching True Blood on HBO Max. Honestly, I've only ever watched seasons 1 through 6. I started 7 but couldn't finish it due to it getting boring. But I'm trying again, lol. Lafayette is still my favorite character. 

12 hours ago, Q-Tip said:

This looks interesting, and I need something new to watch, what's your opinion of it?

Not quite sure yet.  Not bad so far.  It started a bit slow for me.  No complaints about the acting, effects, or other technicalities.  I haven't read the book(s) so the usual book->screen conversion annoyances aren't noticeable, just a bit of confusion over some of the details.  I suspect they might have glossed over or reworked a thing or two. 

At this point I'm only about halfway through however.. done with most of the set up and just getting to the actual story, but not yet into the good stuff. 

On 8/7/2021 at 10:49 PM, Q-Tip said:

This looks interesting, and I need something new to watch, what's your opinion of it?

Final verdict - on the first season at least - is "go for it".  Fantasy isn't really my thing but even so I got to the end and decided it was interesting enough to put the second season on my to-watch list.

• 3 weeks later...