Any non anime shows you’re watching?

OtakuKid

8 hours ago, Zila said:

I'll be starting Loki soon. Not a big fan of the Marvel movies/shows but Loki seems entertaining. 

Hubs and I have been watching it! So far so good, though I’m cautious because WandaVision left a foul taste and Falcon/Winter Soldier ended up feeling like neoliberal propaganda. Won’t know for sure until it’s complete, though. Do you plan to wait until you can binge watch the whole thing, or are you starting soon to keep up weekly?

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/3/2021 at 10:26 PM, Q-Tip said:

Hubs and I have been watching it! So far so good, though I’m cautious because WandaVision left a foul taste and Falcon/Winter Soldier ended up feeling like neoliberal propaganda. Won’t know for sure until it’s complete, though. Do you plan to wait until you can binge watch the whole thing, or are you starting soon to keep up weekly?

Recently binged it, the finale felt anticlimactic but it was interesting altogether! It was nice to have another perspective of Loki that wasn't just mischievous or overly concentrated on fleeting goals. 😆

Wow, so the recent Marvel shows stink that bad huh? That's too bad. I feel like a lot of stuff is getting a little too political/personal lately. Gets somewhat overwhelming and sidetracks something that could potentially have been fun or focused.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Right now I'm watching Dexter again, since the trailer for Dexter: New Blood came out. 🤩 Looks great, hopefully it ends up being good. Like the majority of people, wasn't a fan of the last few seasons and definitely not how they chose to end the show. Crossing fingers. 🥺

15 hours ago, efaardvark said:

not watching  - yet - but....

Eagerly awaiting this. Love the world and franchise, no matter the dated visuals. 😆 The books are amazing. I just don't know how they're ever going to redo the Lovely Feyd scene. 🤔

🤣🤣

Rewatching True Blood on HBO Max. Honestly, I've only ever watched seasons 1 through 6. I started 7 but couldn't finish it due to it getting boring. But I'm trying again, lol. Lafayette is still my favorite character. 

12 hours ago, Q-Tip said:

This looks interesting, and I need something new to watch, what's your opinion of it?

Not quite sure yet.  Not bad so far.  It started a bit slow for me.  No complaints about the acting, effects, or other technicalities.  I haven't read the book(s) so the usual book->screen conversion annoyances aren't noticeable, just a bit of confusion over some of the details.  I suspect they might have glossed over or reworked a thing or two. 

At this point I'm only about halfway through however.. done with most of the set up and just getting to the actual story, but not yet into the good stuff. 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2021 at 10:49 PM, Q-Tip said:

This looks interesting, and I need something new to watch, what's your opinion of it?

Final verdict - on the first season at least - is "go for it".  Fantasy isn't really my thing but even so I got to the end and decided it was interesting enough to put the second season on my to-watch list.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got hooked on this by the youtube algorithm.  It's an SF short named "ATROPA".  Pretty good, and I'm picky about my SF.

Edited by efaardvark

• 2 weeks later...

Finished a South Korean television series called The Crowned Clown and it ended up being one of the best shows I've seen in a long while. 

It takes place around the Joseon period. Has great script, good balance of comedy, political struggles that turn deadly, mystery and a very satisfying romance. 

Of the Historical, Romance genre. 

Edit: Finally decided to jump on the animated series Invincible as well. The motivation to assess if Omni-Man truly did have an astounding, meme worthy posterior was substantial. 🤔

Edited by Zila

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2021 at 5:08 PM, Zila said:

Finished a South Korean television series called The Crowned Clown and it ended up being one of the best shows I've seen in a long while. 

It takes place around the Joseon period. Has great script, good balance of comedy, political struggles that turn deadly, mystery and a very satisfying romance. 

Of the Historical, Romance genre. 

Edit: Finally decided to jump on the animated series Invincible as well. The motivation to assess if Omni-Man truly did have an astounding, meme worthy posterior was substantial. 🤔

https://memestatic1.fjcdn.com/comments/Meanwhile+in+another+anime+_cd7137901ce3d3d71c81eba5de0e1659.jpg

• 4 weeks later...