Moderators & Staff Wanted!

Seshi

The Anime Forums community is volunteer driven. Those volunteers have a passion for this community and a desire to see it thrive. As volunteers, we seek to moderate the forum, update its social media presence and ensure that good content is being presented for members at Anime Forums to enjoy over the course of time.

To keep our volunteers in tip top shape, we are looking to expand our team by recruiting new moderators in a variety of roles.

If you are interested in becoming part of the team please read through the requirements and consider applying for a position using the details given in the spoilers below.

CAUTION

Consider the following before applying:

--- EDIT ---

Some important questions to ask first:

Am I prepared to mod for a dead forum?

Am I prepared to mod for an admin that is never present?

Am I prepared for when the site inevitably closes due to lack of investment?

Please note it may take up to 2 years for Optic to even see your application, let alone add you.

--- :) Edit ---

Forum moderators:

Must be at least 18yo.

Have good understanding of how to resolve conflict (or the will to learn, and take direction on member issues).

Communicate in a constructive manner when preforming moderator duties.

Have a good understanding of the English language.

Must be able to withstand complaints and disputes without becoming flustered.

Enjoy being a part of the AF community and actively engages within different forum sub sections.

General Staff - Review Moderator

Must be at least 18yo.

Have the desire to read anime reviews and work with the reviewer to ensure reviews comply with the rules for submission.

General Staff - Social Media Moderator

Must be at least 18yo.

Have the desire to create posts for social media pages in a variety of genres that can appeal to different viewers.

General Staff - Database Administrator (closed)

Must be at least 18yo.

Actively take requests from others in the submission of new anime into the database, while updating the forum thread on the topic of database requests.

Be able to stay focused and finish tasks once begun.

Update the anime database to ensure AF is meeting the needs of its community members.

To apply, please send a PM to me including the following information:

* denotes for Forum Moderator only applications.

Subject: Application

- What position you are applying for.

- Timezone, and age.

- *Time of day you can commit to moderating

- *Which forums/subforums you are most active in.

- *How much time you feel is appropriate to spend moderating per day/week.

- In your own words, express why you believe you are qualified for the position, and why you are interested in the position.

- Some of your strengths, and what you would like to bring to the team.

- Any concerns you may have about meeting at least one year active in your chosen position.

• Informative 1

Hiya!

I'm pretty active and of age. I'm told that I'm a strict teacher IRL.. Those closest to me know better not to let my playful personality fool em heh heh..

Looking forward to seing new faces as staff. What are you waiting for?

Spoiler

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2020 at 12:35 AM, Seshi said:

The Anime Forums community is volunteer driven. Those volunteers have a passion for this community and a desire to see it thrive. As volunteers, we seek to moderate the forum, update its social media presence and ensure that good content is being presented for members at Anime Forums to enjoy over the course of time.

To keep our volunteers in tip top shape, we are looking to expand our team by recruiting new moderators in a variety of roles.

If you are interested in becoming part of the team please read through the requirements and consider applying for a position using the details given in the spoilers below.

Forum moderators:

Must be at least 18yo.

Have good understanding of how to resolve conflict (or the will to learn, and take direction on member issues).

Communicate in a constructive manner when preforming moderator duties.

Enjoy being a part of the AF community and actively engages within different forum sub sections.

General Staff - Review Moderator

Must be at least 18yo.

Have the desire to read anime reviews and work with the reviewer to ensure reviews comply with the rules for submission.

General Staff - Social Media Moderator

Must be at least 18yo.

Have the desire to create posts for social media pages in a variety of genres that can appeal to different viewers.

General Staff - Database Administrator (closed)

Must be at least 18yo.

Actively take requests from others in the submission of new anime into the database, while updating the forum thread on the topic of database requests.

Be able to stay focused and finish tasks once begun.

Update the anime database to ensure AF is meeting the needs of its community members.

To apply, please send a PM to me including the following information:

* denotes for Forum Moderator only applications.

Reveal hidden contents

Subject: Application

- Timezone, and age.

- In your own words, express why you believe you are qualified for the position, and why you are interested in the position.

- Any concerns you may have about meeting at least one year active in your chosen position.

I do a lot of this stuff already generally. Let me know if you still need someone in Social Media moderation. I'm 31-years old and was a foreign languages teacher prior to the lockdown. I know how to work with people. @Seshi

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Thank you for all of the applicants that have applied to fill our positions, we have promoted members to Forum Moderator, and Database administrator, but still would like to see some interest in the Social Media department!

Someone who takes pleasure in creating posts on Instagram or Twitter and knows how to use the tag system, would be a great addition to the team! Please submit your application if after reading the requirements you think you would be a good fit for the position.

The same goes for Review moderators, we would love to have someone dedicated to moderating the reviews from our members. Please be sure to apply if this interests you.

~ Have a great day

• 1 year later...

I know I'm late to this and positions are probably filled but I would love to be able to pitch in some way or another, whether that's moderator or working in the Social Media department! 

Thank you!

Spoiler

Forum Moderator or Social Media Department!

- Timezone, and age.

GMT and 19 

I usually spend about 30 minutes scrolling through the forum but can commit at least up to an hour a day. For the Social Media, 1-2 hours. 

General

1-2 hours per day.

I believe I'm qualified for the moderator role due to my attachment to this forum and how long I've been here, I've seen the community grow, people come and go and have always checked tried to check the forum daily even during my least active times, I also believe I'm on the ball when it comes to welcoming new members 😂, for social media, I've got a good understanding of how things work, especially Instagram (and willing to get used to Twitter more), I also have experience with the tag system and spend a good majority of my time on social media. 

My commitment to the forum, teamwork, a good drive to see this community grow, social media experience and what I'd like to believe, a warm personality :D 

My biggest concern would be my time schedule with University and the possibility of travelling but would definitely do my best and make sure time doesn't become an issue as I've always found the time for this wonderful place! 

Edited by Metro

• 8 months later...
5 hours ago, animechat said:

How long take to be approved by a moderator?

It's currently me alone moderating posts, I login everyday so for new members it might take up to one day or less if I'm not too busy. Thank you for your patience (>.o)

• Like 1