Inuyasha Sequel

RZ.

I actually started watching the original series. Previously I’d read some early chapters of the manga & watched some random Toonami episodes of it, but never really stuck with it. Not sure why since it seems like the kind of series I enjoy. I do tend to burn out on longer series, but hopefully not.

• Like 1

I have to say I am looking very forward to this with reasonable expectations. I personally don't see it being anywhere near as good as the original series, and especially the manga which really is in a class of its own. Though I think looking at it on its own its showing promise from what I have heard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geano said:

I have to say I am looking very forward to this with reasonable expectations. I personally don't see it being anywhere near as good as the original series, and especially the manga which really is in a class of its own. Though I think looking at it on its own its showing promise from what I have heard.

It's hard to see how it would be as good as the original especially as the creator is only drawing the character designs and not actually writing the story. I'm interested to see what sort of story they actually go with though, as presumably the Shikon jewel isn't going to be the primary focus.

7 minutes ago, RZ. said:

It's hard to see how it would be as good as the original especially as the creator is only drawing the character designs and not actually writing the story. I'm interested to see what sort of story they actually go with though, as presumably the Shikon jewel isn't going to be the primary focus.

Honestly just knowing that she isn't involved in the writing already scares me in teerms of how this is going to tyrn out. Though it would be unfair to really pass judgement without at least seeing 2, or 3 episodes.

• Agree 1

I'm excited for it, but my initial worries is that it's being adapted to an anime right away, with no source material from a manga. 

I am also a bit bummed that Moroha, inuyasha and kagome's daughter is a support character more than the main. 

I also read a brief description on the characters and it says that Moroha lived alone most of her life without knowing her parents, so I wanna know the story behind that (if it's confirmed true. Descriptions were on the inuyasha wiki). 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ryanosuke said:

I'm excited for it, but my initial worries is that it's being adapted to an anime right away, with no source material from a manga. 

I am also a bit bummed that Moroha, inuyasha and kagome's daughter is a support character more than the main. 

I also read a brief description on the characters and it says that Moroha lived alone most of her life without knowing her parents, so I wanna know the story behind that (if it's confirmed true. Descriptions were on the inuyasha wiki). 

It is going to be very interesting that is for sure. I too share similar worries about how this will go as I really love the original series. I would hate to see it tainted even if only slightly. 

Honestly I really despise anime like this, especially where the original creator won't have anything to do with story. Really I feel that this is nothing more than a cash grab at this point and I also feel there just isn't going to be the heart of the original story in it anywhere. Anyway, just my thoughts as I will most likely enjoy the original and skip the money bag. Just an opinion worth less than the electricity it took to create it.

15 hours ago, Kuro said:

Honestly I really despise anime like this, especially where the original creator won't have anything to do with story. Really I feel that this is nothing more than a cash grab at this point and I also feel there just isn't going to be the heart of the original story in it anywhere. Anyway, just my thoughts as I will most likely enjoy the original and skip the money bag. Just an opinion worth less than the electricity it took to create it.

I wouldn't necessarily disagree with you, or at least those fears are by no means unfounded. Those are my worries too though I am going to at least check it out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/17/2020 at 5:09 PM, Geano said:

I wouldn't necessarily disagree with you, or at least those fears are by no means unfounded. Those are my worries too though I am going to at least check it out.

You'll have to let me know when you do what you think of it. Might watch it if enough people say it blew their socks off. XD

• 5 weeks later...

I rather liked the way it was animated & the character designs for the “new generation”, but admit it didn’t really seem to have the feel of the original. Of course it’s just a trailer & I’ve only seen the first 2 seasons of the original & the first movie. Regardless, will definitely be checking it out. 

11 hours ago, Wedgy said:

Please please don't let this fall prey to ecchi tropes

Of course Miroku asking every woman he meets to bear his children or fondling Sango’s backside in the original wasn’t exactly subtle 😂 I’m reasonably hopeful fanservice won’t be a big factor, but wonder if it will wander into yuri territory as Towa seems like she could could fall into the stereotypical female “prince” type. 

Edited by Ohiotaku
Just corrected a significant error in my original post lol

• 2 months later...

Likely an attempt to use nostalgia or the original’s reputation to tap into a pre-existing fandom instead of building one on it’s own merits. While some sequels/reboots/remakes manage to succeed, it’s usually because the previous adaption was incomplete or didn’t do the source material justice (Fruits Basket). Or else managed to redefine itself (Dororo). Unfortunately a lot fail to tap into the appeal of the original like Clear Card (Cardcaptor Sakura) or Magia Record (Madoka). 
While I’m trying to be patient with this one, so far it seems to be the latter to me.

• 3 weeks later...

After looping back around to the point where the series started, things seem to be improving a little as we have some hints about what’s actually going on. Unfortunately I still don’t feel the new cast has much chemistry & the roundabout writing isn’t vey effective IMO. Not seeing much love for it on the sites I browse, though it apparently is getting high tv ratings in Japan. Can only assume it’s the nostalgia factor.