Classic anime guy here...

Koshigaya23

I joined as this forum is dedicated to anime, seems friendly, allows me to give output on classic anime, talk about my experience in animation, culture of anime in the U.S./Mexico, and isn't an elitist cult like NeoGAF.

Other than : Akira, Studio Ghibli, Evangelion, and Dragon Ball (Z +)...what are your favourite classic anime titles?

• Like 2

I love Trigun, Inuyasha, Hajime no Ippo, Afro Samurai, Berserk 97, and Samurai x as far as classics go. 

Welcome to Anime Forums. It's always nice to have more anime conversationalists around.

• Like 2

Evangelion is my alltime favorite show, though only when I'm in a certain state of mind. I also like Inuyasha, Rurouni Kenshin, Berserk, Revolutionary Girl Utena, to name a few. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Seshi said:

I love Trigun, Inuyasha, Hajime no Ippo, Afro Samurai, Berserk 97, and Samurai x as far as classics go. 

Welcome to Anime Forums. It's always nice to have more anime conversationalists around.

Nice to see Trigun in there and Berserk. The original series from 97-98 was the best. Manga was great, too. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums , hope you enjoy it here 😁

Favorite classic anime would include: Star Blazers (Space Battleship Yamato), Card Captor Sakura & Cowboy Bebop

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Seshi said:

What about you, Koshigaya?

Btw, nice suggestions everyone. Most are in my description but I'll post a few more. Favourite all-time anime are all mostly classics. If you haven't seen them...you need to. Here's a short list: A.D. Police, Project A-ko, Bubblegum Crisis, Burn Up!, Tenchi Muyo OVA 1 & 2, Tenchi Universe, Berserk TOS, Cybernetics  Guardian, Kimagure Orange Road, Ranma 1/2, Lupin the Third (series 1,2, and the early movies), Maison Ikkoku, Gunsmith Cats, Video Girl Ai, DNA2, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, The Slayers, Dragon Half, Golden Boy, Cutey Honey OVA, Devilman OVA, Battle Angel, Dirty Pair, Ushio and Tora, the Slayers seasons 1-3, Magazine 23, Golgo 13: The Professional, Crusher Joe, M.D. Geist, Genocyber, EatMan, GoShogun, Cowboy Bebop, and many more! 

5 hours ago, Koshigaya23 said:

Ushio and Tora

Given the context of your list I assume you mean the version from the 90s. Was wondering if you had checked out the more comprehensive 2015 version & if so your thoughts.

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

2 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

Given the context of your list I assume you mean the version from the 90s. Was wondering if you had checked out the more comprehensive 2015 version & if so your thoughts.

Yeah, the original OVA from the 90's was my reference (I also recommend the game for the Super Famicom...JP only...but excellent). I actually haven't watched a modern anime title since Inuyasha or Spirited Away. I joined the forums to be an accessory for those who want info on anime from the 60's-early 2000's. I'm a hand-painted cel kinda guy and have never been able to adapt to the newer designs, production, or trends. However, send me a link for the trailer. Ushio and Tora was a multi-million Yen seller manga in Japan.     

35 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

Not too bad. The original character design is still there. In the Super Famicom game you can use hair as a weapon. 

On 5/13/2020 at 4:48 PM, RZ. said:

Evangelion is my alltime favorite show, though only when I'm in a certain state of mind. I also like Inuyasha, Rurouni Kenshin, Berserk, Revolutionary Girl Utena, to name a few. 

Evangelion is really really good, hmm, classic anime I like? I’d say Yu-Gi-Oh, and maybe Pokémon Indigo League, although I’m not 100% sure Pokémon counts as anime.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OtakuKid said:

Evangelion is really really good, hmm, classic anime I like? I’d say Yu-Gi-Oh, and maybe Pokémon Indigo League, although I’m not 100% sure Pokémon counts as anime.

Technically, Pokemon still counts as anime. They key is that it's made in Japan. 

• Like 1

Welcome to AF!!

I'm a fan of Digimon, Gundam Wing, Space Pirate Captain Harlock, Astro Boy, Outlaw Star, The Vision of Escaflowne, Card Captors, Lupin III, Cowboy Bebop, Ranma 1/2, Rurouni Kenshin, Inuyasha, Yu Yu Hakusho, Full Metal Alchemist, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Ghost in the Shell, .Hack//SIGN, Zatch Bell, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Tenchi Muyo, Macross, Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z,  Pokemon (Until Season 8), Revolutionary Girl Utena, D.N.Angel, and movies like Fist of the North Star, plus newbie film Weathering With You; (most of them) basically any anime that aired on Toonami or Fox Kids from 90's/late 00's.

Edited by Digimon_Sommelier