TOP 5 bad/disliked anime that you've seen...

Koshigaya23

Tell me your top 5 bad/least favorite and/or worst anime you've seen. You can list in any order. Let's be honest, but not try to insult anyone and respect the mods if this gets controversial. 

Here are mine:

5. Yu Yu Hakusho the movie (this is the U.S. Manga video release of a 30-minutes movie/special for YYH that was made sometime in the mid-90's). Lacks context/no coherent arc, had voice acting, bad ADR work, forgettable villians, and why was it called a movie if it was only 20-minutes of the characters running up a mountain, 10-minutes slow action.

4.  Mouse OVA (don't watch it...just don't...)

3. Tami no Shihosha Judge (A.K.A. Judge): I can't even imagine this one looking good in a trailer. Watch at your own risk. Poorly animated, incomplete story...if there really was a story, had voice direction (possibly scripting issues)

2. Magical Knights RayEarth TV series 1: I'm sorry, but I found it to lack context, it grew excessively boring, and the characters never seemed to fully develop. Maybe I was just not the target audience.

1. X/1999 (A.K.A. X the movie): Another Clamp title...this one has incredible animation...but the characters lack substance, story is generic recycling, and it bored me to no end. I was polite and tried rewatching it 10-years after its release to see if maybe I just missed something the first time...I didn't...It still just didn't move me. 

Disclaimer: I am a classic anime collector and have a leaning toward watching older anime. Most of the ones I listed came out in the 90's. I wouldn't use that as means of supporting the old argument that "anime from the 90's was terrible" ( which seems to be a common Western consensus nowadays). Plenty of great anime from the 90's if you haven't seen them such as: Ranma 1/2 OVAs, Gunsmith Cats, Perfect Blue, the Slayers and so on...