Which anime do you want to watch but haven't yet?

12canime

Which anime do you want to watch but haven't yet? Frankly, there hundreds if not thousand of anime movies and TV shows out that I've yet to watch. But I'm able to catch with of the shows up during this unfortunate pandemic time. I've re-watched Spirited Away. I must say that movie never gets old. The story-line and the realm of ghost is so majestic. Perfectly written script, story and everything! Tell me more about your choices of anime movies or TV shows. I'm anxiously waiting.. 😁

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, 12canime said:

Which anime do you want to watch but haven't yet? Frankly, there hundreds if not thousand of anime movies and TV shows out that I've yet to watch. But I'm able to catch with of the shows up during this unfortunate pandemic time. I've re-watched Spirited Away. I must say that movie never gets old. The story-line and the realm of ghost is so majestic. Perfectly written script, story and everything! Tell me more about your choices of anime movies or TV shows. I'm anxiously waiting.. 😁

Here's my 'plan to watch' list https://myanimelist.net/animelist/koshigaya23status=6

I own most of these and am currently watching 3 series simultaneously, therefore...I haven't gotten to them yet. Of the ones on this list that I want to see this Summer or Winter are:

- Blue Seed

- Kimagure Orange Road TV series

- Lily C.A.T. (I'm a huge fan of the Alien movie franchise and this movie fits in with that genre)

- Ranma 1/2 OVAs and movies (finished watching the whole 7-part/160+ episode TV series of Ranma 1/2 earlier this year) 

• Like 1

Currently watching Inuyasha. 

Loved Fate Zero but still need to watch Fate Stay Night & UBW.

Need to watch Saga of Tanya the Evil to be up to date on my Isekai Quartet references.

I keep hearing how much Black Clover improved after the early episodes so should really give it another look.

Would like to see the unedited original dialogue version of Space Battleship Yamato since Star Blazers is what hooked me on anime to begin with. Also watch the subtitled versions of Slayers, Slayers Next & Slayers Try since I’ve only watched the dubbed version.

Finally I wish someone would relicense Monster so I could finally finish it.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

Currently watching Inuyasha. 

Loved Fate Zero but still need to watch Fate Stay Night & UBW.

Need to watch Saga of Tanya the Evil to be up to date on my Isekai Quartet references.

I keep hearing how much Black Clover improved after the early episodes so should really give it another look.

Would like to see the unedited original dialogue version of Space Battleship Yamato since Star Blazers is what hooked me on anime to begin with. Also watch the subtitled versions of Slayers, Slayers Next & Slayers Try since I’ve only watched the dubbed version.

Finally I wish someone would relicense Monster so I could finally finish it.

SBY may have a bilingual release. I have the Slayers Seasons 1-3 boxset; all of the original episodes on the Enoki/Funimation (this release has the original Japanese dialogue with subs). 

10 minutes ago, Koshigaya23 said:

SBY may have a bilingual release. I have the Slayers Seasons 1-3 boxset; all of the original episodes on the Enoki/Funimation (this release has the original Japanese dialogue with subs). 

I bought it some time ago, I just haven’t invested the time in tackling it

spacer.png

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

1 hour ago, Ohiotaku said:

I bought it some time ago, I just haven’t invested the time in tackling it

spacer.png

Yeah, that's the one. I would put it on your 'plan to watch' tab on MAL. I have many on MAL that I own and simply haven't gotten around to. 

14 hours ago, Boarman11 said:

I watched the first few episodes of Tokyo Ghoul

I love the concept but I haven't had time to watch it

After I finish Hunter Hunter I will look into it

Here's the best way to experience Tokyo Ghoul:

Watch only the S1 of the show, then if you can, read the manga.

S2 is a mess because it diverges from manga storyline, and the studio can't do it right.

S3 and S4 (or TG:re S1-S2) are just terrible in terms of animation and pacing.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2020 at 4:27 AM, kemono19 said:

Evangelion has been on my to-watch-list for a decade . 

It’s so good! You really should watch it! 
for me, I’ve been planning on watching some more popular ones like Deathnote or HunterxHunter

2 hours ago, OtakuKid said:

It’s so good! You really should watch it! 
for me, I’ve been planning on watching some more popular ones like Deathnote or HunterxHunter

Both are good though I haven’t finished the Chimera Ant arc of HxH. As to Evangelion looking forward to FINALLY getting the last of the rebuild movies, though I’ll have to rewatch the previous ones since it’s been so long.

20 minutes ago, IIVIsouljam said:

Wanted to catch up on One Piece but then I saw how many episodes the show has and dabbed the sweat from my brow. 

I hope to get back into it someday, but yeah, intimidating (I left off somewhere in the Skypeia arc, not really appealing to me the way the Crocodile/Baroque Works arc did).

20 minutes ago, IIVIsouljam said:

Still not sure about Beastars. Doesn't look like my kind of thing but people keep telling me it's not what I'm expecting it to be. 🤔

It debuted on Netflix a couple days before my subscription was ending. Got to about episode 8, but didn’t really hype me the way it has some people. Will probably go ahead & finish it soon since Netflix has or will be adding a number of series I’m interested  in soon (BNA, Dorohedoro, High Score Girl S2, & think there’s anothet Violet Evergarden special I haven’t watched yet).

Edited by Ohiotaku

On 5/22/2020 at 7:38 PM, Boarman11 said:

I watched the first few episodes of Tokyo Ghoul

I love the concept but I haven't had time to watch it

After I finish Hunter Hunter I will look into it

For me, I loved the 1st season of Tokyo Ghoul but I only got a few episodes into the 2nd season because it just didn't do it for me. 

On 5/30/2020 at 2:27 PM, Cynex said:

Golden Time, Spirited away, Erased.

Oh, awesome. You’ll love Spirited Away, it’s really awesome.

for me, oh, tons. Fruits Basket, Sailor Moon, sooooo many.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Never finished the full 75 episodes of Monster Rancher back in 1999...so, that's one.

Others:

-Lost Universe (the second gen by Hajime Kanzaka)

-Maze: The Mega Burst Space (came on in the 90's and I watched episode 10-25...this was during the VHS years and I never had the first two cassettes of episodes)

-still Kimagure Orange Road

Those of you born in the late-90's or 2000's likely have no clue what these shows are 😔

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Koshigaya23 said:

Never finished the full 75 episodes of Monster Rancher back in 1999...so, that's one.

8 minutes ago, Koshigaya23 said:

I bought the subtitled dvd collections a couple years back, but haven’t gotten around to watching yet.

Maze: The Mega Burst Space (came on in the 90's and I watched episode 10-25...this was during the VHS years and I never had the first two cassettes of episodes)

Used to have the whole thing back in the day, unfortunately most of my VHS tapes didn’t hold up very well & didn’t make the cut for the downsize/move a couple years ago.

Lost Universe (the second gen by Hajime Kanzaka

Despite being from the creator of Slayers, the look of that one never really appealed to me so never tried it.

Kimagure Orange Road

Same here. Saw where it got added to CR not too long ago.

Edited by Ohiotaku

I’m back to this thread a third time. I don’t really want to write them out, but here’s my watchlist on VRV. (Note: some of these I’m rewatching)

B291CA87-2B8B-4B21-AAE1-16B92AB64435.jpeg

65319187-19B5-43C8-990F-CA1247CFEE76.jpeg

0488CED3-24B3-42A2-8567-5ED4693B59A1.jpeg

2AC7169A-6912-40AA-8B6F-510504FAC64E.jpeg

B5CDC603-9D09-4A5B-8207-5830AB0EA55C.jpeg

18 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

Moving Log Horizon up further on my PTW list since a new season is coming in October.

And apparently I jinxed it, because delayed till next year now :P