Game Development

Shiroe

Any game developers here? I've been thinking of making an XCOM-like for the past few weeks. I've been working on sprites the last few days, and I'm hoping to move onto the game functionality soon. I'm thinking about starting a new blog here on AF just to log my notes about the development cycle.

If there are other game devs here, what has your experience been like? 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/2/2020 at 1:21 PM, Shiroe said:

Any game developers here? I've been thinking of making an XCOM-like for the past few weeks. I've been working on sprites the last few days, and I'm hoping to move onto the game functionality soon. I'm thinking about starting a new blog here on AF just to log my notes about the development cycle.

If there are other game devs here, what has your experience been like? 

Wouldnt necessarily call myself a developer as of yet I'm learning to code for games. I'm trying to build own game on Unreal right now. The reason I chose Unreal over Unity is cause of the node coding system. I mean I'm also learning C++ but you know, doing both whenever I can.

What has my experience been like? SLOW lol.  I barely have any coding knowledge and the one or two classes we did have in college between modelling isn't enough to create anything of substance. So yeah slow, but it's been good but you learn quite a bit about stuff that you want to do, stuff that you are ABLE to do/learn and what you should cut off.