Have any manga you considered way better than the show?

OtakuKid

For me in most cases there really is no compassion between anime, and manga at least in terms of which is better.They are entirely different forms of media that requite very different distinction to truly enjoy both for what they are.

Though if I had to name a few manga series where the manga is the source material and is clearly superior. 

Yuru Yuri, Yu Yu Hakusho, Yugioh & Yugioh, Detective Conan, Naruto all manga seeries for it.

Honestly those are just a few examples. I also personally think that when it comes to the so called mainstream anime series say Naruto, One Piece etc the manga for those in particular neats out the anime every time.

• 3 months later...

One Piece for sure. The pacing of the manga seems to work cause I can take my time on any given page where as the show seems to have a problem either speeding things wayyy up or slowing quick action bits to a crawl. No more did I feel this way more than the Marineford Arc. I get that they probably wanted this arc to have some huge significance but I feel like if they wanted that they should have shown it in their animations or pacing. As an animator myself, I feel like I have a bit of credence to talk about this but ***

when Ace dies and Luffy is just crying there and you see just that wide shot panel in the comic. It was almost seren,e like in the midst of all this war and chaos, nothing else mattered more than the fact that the one and only brother Luffy had (that we knew of at the time) died. I spent about 15 minutes on that one panel cause I was either crying or just needed to process it. In the anime you get a whole bunch of quick cuts to people reacting to Ace but I don't think that was the best way to do it. IMO it should have been an bit more of an intimate moment and not just showing that in one frame shots/cuts. Similar to how they do just reaction shots with like hair flowing or the characters just running through the emotions in other tv shows and anime. I say this cause they've already done this when the Straw Hats were separated in Sabaody Archipelago Arc

*** But yeah the  One Piece animehas a pacing problem.

Edited by MeandMyImaginaryFriends

• 1 month later...

> One Piece, especially once you get out of East Blue/Alabasta, the pacing slows down. The anime for Wano has been pretty good, though.

> Seven Deadly Sins' manga kind of nosedived in quality, but the anime adaptation is really rushed and pretty sloppy in general (look at Season 3) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Easy. Boarding School Juliet.

The anime has about 12 episodes, so there's already a downside, IMO. Along with that, it seems (literally) too bright, and I mean physically. It also seemed a bit rushed.

• 5 months later...

this is easy, Dragonballsuper. the only good part of dbs anime was mastered Ultra instinct goku vs jiren, and the last battle which was android 17, Freeza and goku teaming up to take jiren down (not what happened in manga but it was awesome still)
otherwise the show changed things and it made no sense at all, (like the Goku black arc)
its like the anime said sure we'll make a dbs anime but we'll take the characters and write our own story

• 1 year later...

I don't have a whole lot of series in both manga and anime versions, but of those I do have I think the manga of Video Girl Ai and Please Save My Earth are far better than the anime versions. Mostly this is because the anime series are far too short, the VGA anime doesn't do too bad a job as it only covers the first few chapters and ends the story at a convenient point while the PSME manga doesn't split into separate stories so neatly and the story is way too long and complex to be done coherently in less than 24 episodes.

On the other hand there is one series where I have both anime and manga where I think the anime is far better than the manga, and that series is Magic Knight Rayearth where the anime of the second series especially is far better and makes more sense than the manga version.

• Like 1