Thoughts on Shaman King reboot

FandomQueen18

So they released the new PV annoucnign that shaman king will be getting a reboot, like FMA brotherhood style, and I for one am super excited especially I grew  up with this anime and even read the manga, and the manga is absolutely amazing, so i was hoping others like me are also excited that shaman king is getting a new chance at showing what kind of anime it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyzqCA8aVSo

I remember watching some of the edited version of the old series back in the early 2000s & thinking it had potential. Since then I’d seen a number of online petitions trying to get it relicensed, so curious to see how the new complete adaption turns out.  I typically enjoy supernatural themed shows, so looking forward to it.

Edited by Ohiotaku

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This old show on Fox Kids show was legit so dope and the opening song was absolute FIRE! It was essentially ghost Stands before I even knew what Jojo's was at the time. I'm excited to see this new version. I'm glad to see they've made new changes to the style to be more current. I have a few critiques nonetheless from this trailer. Of what I see in the trailer so far, Amidamaru looks like a scrawny anime boy protag instead of the tall noble honorable warrior he was depicted as in the early 2000s. Also it's definitely a drawing style difference and technology progressing through the years but I quite liked the FX they had in the old one. It was simple and compliments the rest of the style. Speaking as an animator myself, when there's moving parts like the ki flames and they seem to have all these crazy layered on effects that make it glisten and glow, that completely tries to distract away from what the character's doing. I get that it's to distract from the fact that they may have less frames and just a good pose to work off of but in my head, it just show how still not moving the character actually is. Either go super over the top with literally everything or simplify it but that consistency is the key to not make it look like a(n albeit well done) fan made animation. For me it's much a kin to seeing a really cool 2D fight sequence between two characters all done with 16 bit SNES sprites but all of the FX are of these super high detail flames, lightning bolts or beams that is done with full shading and glow effects, making it feel cheaper in quality than it looks.

• Like 1