Summer 2020 Anime

Ohayotaku

With many series wrapping up over the next week or two, time to look ahead

https://www.livechart.me/summer-2020/tv

For me the biggest draws are sequels: Fruits Basket 2019 season 2 continues & ReZero, Muhyo & Roji, Fire Force & No Guns Life all get new seasons. I’m glad that Appare Ranman & Diary of Our Days at Breakwater are restarting after being cancelled by Covid-chan. And I’m curious about Deca Dence. 

So what are other member’s looking forward to ir thoughts on the new season?

• Like 1

hello i am new here.....hope to get along. So if i make mistake plz do forgive me.

Summer 2020 is really an packed season for me and i am really looking forward to God Of High School (Specially the fight scenes), ReZero Season 2, Oregairu S3, The Misfit of Demon King Academy ( i really love OP main charcters and i loved its manga).

I am also looking forward to Peter Grill to Kenja no Jikan, Gibiate & Deca-Dence, though not as hyped as the above mentioned but gonna at lest give them a try.

• Like 1

Crunchyroll has started listing their licenses for the upcoming season

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2020/06/23/crunchyroll-announces-summer-2020-anime-lineup

Seems like several people are hyped over the PreCure series.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, RuthisianCodex said:

Actually, I'm also looking forward to Ninja Collection because it's by the same team that made Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories. 

I just watched the first episode, not sure how I feel about it yet but curious enough to give it a chance (understand the animation style & the short run time are the same as Yamishibai).

Outside the sequels & continuing/delayed series, the pleasant surprise for me so far is Lapis Relights. Hadn’t heard planned on even giving it a look, but so far found the characters to be funny & charming and the setting has some interesting aspects.

Of course, will probably be the end of the month at least before I have a real clear impression of shows.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

I just watched the first episode, not sure how I feel about it yet but curious enough to give it a chance (understand the animation style & the short run time are the same as Yamishibai).

I just watched it & I'm glad that it is the same run time as Yamishibai. The animation in this one was very interesting to me & I hope they stay leaning towards common scary urban legends as the theme. I think I'm going to be pretty pleased with it. 

• 3 weeks later...

My impressions a month into the season

FAVORITES
ReZero season 2
Fruits Basket season 2
Appare Ranman
Diary of Our Days at Breakwater
Lapis ReLights

HAVE POTENTIAL
Fire Force season 2
Deca-Dence

OK
No Guns Life season 2
Muhyo & Roji season 2
Bungo & Alchemist
Olympia Kyklos
Ninja Collection
Umayon

GUILTY PLEASURES
Rent-a-Girlfriend
Uzaki-chan
Monster Girl Doctor

DROPPED
God of Highschool
Misfit of Demon King Academy
Gibiate
Super HxEros
Peter Grill

Edited by Ohiotaku

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Supernova1! said:

God of Highschool

Dropped after episode 4, highly unlikely I’ll give it a 2nd look

24 minutes ago, Supernova1! said:

Surprised that I liked Rent-a-Girlfriend as much as I have!

Ditto, though I’ll be seriously ticked off if the male lead hasn’t matured significantly by the end.

Edited by Ohiotaku

On 8/19/2020 at 8:13 PM, Ohiotaku said:

Dropped after episode 4, highly unlikely I’ll give it a 2nd look

Ditto, though I’ll be seriously ticked off if the male lead hasn’t matured significantly by the end.

I will say that episode 4 of God of Highschool has definitely been the worst episode of that series so far. The story took a sudden unexpected turn and they tried to cram too much stuff into one episode. With that being said, It comes back on track afterwards and I think it's still a pretty solid series.