I have so many unfinished anime!

animehime

literaly one week ago i didnt know what anime to watch but now because all the previous animes have wrapped up and new ones are coming i have so many that i am watching at the same time! i am trying to juggle between new and old anime so that i can watch them when they get released! by the time i get to the middle of the anime i am watching i get straigth up addicted and since most anime have only 1 season of 12 - 13 episodes i find it hard to cope with the fact i can never see this again. sooo i king of just watch most anime till the secong or third last episode saving the last episodes for when i have lost the addiction for this anime the watch it later. to get rid of this addiction i need to find something equally as good and this cycle continues! lately i am soooo over croude i have like 30 -35+ anime i have left half way and it is sooo anoying right now especially since all the new anime are coming out!!! anyone else have any problems like this????

I don’t have a problem finishing single couer series or double couer when they’re interesting. But beyond that I tend to burn out after awhile & need to take a break from them. Case in point I left off One Piece somewhere in the Skypeia arc & still need to watch the Chimera Ant arc of Hunter x Hunter.  

I watched about 6  episodes of the original Fate/Stay Night over a decade ago but stopped (don’t even remember why). Finally watched Fate Zero last year & had planned to watch the original & UBW thys year, but doubt it will happen since I’m currently trying to finish Inuyasha before the sequel and am only around episode 25 :P 
There’s also alot of older series I still want to watch despite starting close to 40 years ago. Things aren’t helped by the fact that I tend to watch 15 - 20 weekly series per season. Should really cut back, but watching anime as it airs is still something fairly new to me. Plus, it’s hard to tell if a series will live up to it
’s potential or not.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

I really think if you slow down and watch maybe 2 or 3 episodes at a time, that will do a lot to help you actually finish an anime.

If you watch 90% of an anime in one day, no matter how good it is, it won't feel nearly as grand as it really should and you'll never be satisfied. It's my belief that when you take your time and give yourself breaks, you're able to not only experience the story for longer, but you also give yourself a lot more time to fully absorb the events of the story. When you go full "binge" there isn't any time to reflect on past events, it's just a constant uninterupted flow.

As a whole, I think we'll be able to recognize more true classics in the future if the anime community as a whole practices this. If we all binge anime at top speed, the magic just kinda fades.

Grand stories aren't meant to be experienced in their entirety from 11am to 9pm on a Tuesday in July.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, AlwaysSearching said:

As a whole, I think we'll be able to recognize more true classics in the future if the anime community as a whole practices this. If we all binge anime at top speed, the magic just kinda fades.

I kind of agree.  I don’t usually start an anime unless I have time to finish it within a day or two.

I don’t agree on the magic fading part.  I’ve been seriously(?) watching anime at least since high school.   I’m now 55.  If it hasn’t faded yet then I don’t think it is going to.  (Not that everything I watch is awesome of course, but even after all these years I keep finding anime worth the time.)  Same with books for that matter.

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

3 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

I kind of agree.  I don’t usually start an anime unless I have time to finish it within a day or two.

I don’t agree on the magic fading part.  I’ve been seriously(?) watching anime at least since high school.   I’m now 55.  If it hasn’t faded yet then I don’t think it is going to.  (Not that everything I watch is awesome of course, but even after all these years I keep finding anime worth the time.)  Same with books for that matter.

That's awesome man! I'm glad to know you've been able to get so much out of anime for so long!  It almost seems like a skill, just being able to appeciate the medium that much. I could definitely stand to learn a bit from you about that lol

• Like 1

I watch everything quick the first time.  I have a second list for stuff worth a second (re)watch.  I find this a better use of time than watching everything as it is released.  It lets me watch more different anime than I might otherwise.  If something is worth it I can always go back.

One thing I don't do is watch current-season anime episode by episode as they come out.  I find that if I'm waiting for the next weekly episode then I have a tendency to rewatch previous episodes while I wait.  As a result I tend to spend a lot more time essentially watching the same anime over and over.  I'd rather use that time more productively... say by binge-watching a different anime.  :D  (Even so, my crunchy queue is .. extensive.  And getting longer every season.  :( )

Maybe part of it is that I just don't have much time to watch anime so much that I get burnt.  If I'm lucky I get maybe 3 hours a week.  Too much other stuff competing for my time.

Edited by efaardvark