Aldnoah is Messed Up

Kirito.Yuuki

I have to say that I am extremely pissed about how Aldnoah ended. First what the heck is with the girl, (Princess Asseylum Vers Allusia)

she basically played with the MC emotions without realizing it.

Okay, so sorry to whoever hasn't seen it yet, but at the beginning

she tried to make peace with earth and was almost assassinated but her people were the ones to attempt to assassinate her,

but that has nothing to do with why I don't like the ending, so let me get right to the point. This girl made two guys fall in love with her without realizing it herself and what I am about to say next is the reason why I don't like it.

Okay so she met this "Terran" named 

Inaho Kaizuka who was really nice to her and they seemed to get along well with each other, but then this other guy shows up who was apparently her childhood friend named Slaine Troyard, I have no problem this so what it's just means a love triangle*. But what pissed me off is that a bunch of stuff happened (which I won't go into detail about) and he risked his life to help her and save her but in the second season instead of choosing either of the guys (Inaho Kaizuka or Slaine Troyard) she chooses a completely different guy who didn't show up til the end of the series. So instead of choosing a happy ending she choose a completely weird or annoying ending so neither one of the guys ended up with her.

*(Side note)It isn't even really a love triangle because that would mean that each person loved the other at the end of the arrows, this is more like a love angle.

Love Triangle: jrQzS_w1Gkmst_gYA2pNOL6lc3Sm8J-I7C7XUT-YjWs3LJWtN6whcMyzqWKkC4wlrWLOrdzgtU5SVck4hDVs_u2J45LZUgQUY4AXdUFMSWTr_88dZEYirTDuK0VDC7airk2r29c7-cOFhg

Love Angle: pQCMtqwwrxS4cFo_kSGJ2rL-pthyTaDX6Usug-SuSuBMWpFiMnSEWX90X-ayzrCVlMPnD4K7dhMjZR_k3f65rZyZz466snxwo0yvQHy-jWf41NTY0mFmWt-v_Tn0h4FZojD6KFgIQaj8wA

Edited by XII360
spoilers (be sure to do [spoiler] "TEXT" [/ spoiler]
  • Agree 1

I wasn't liking this one either.  Everyone seemed to be doing the wrong thing for the wrong reasons and the ending was just more of the same.  If I want to see dysfunctional politics ruining a good thing and messing everything up then I can watch the news.  I don't need it in my anime too.  They could have turned it around when Inaho and Slaine briefly got together, but when the producers didn't capitalize on that and pull it all together I almost stopped watching.  It wasn't even good tragedy.

I did like some of the science fiction plot devices however.  The Martian technology being keyed to a particular bloodline was interesting in a pull-the-sword-from-the-stone sort of way.  The approach to the "superpower" given to each mecha and the way Inaho figures out the physics basis for each one to come up with a way to win his fights was also interesting to the "hard" science fiction part of my brain.  I do enjoy that kind of thing, but it was buried under so much other crap that it wasn't enough to redeem the show for me.

exactly, like the entire series was ruined by the unneeded drama of political marriages, and supposed royal sacrifice needed for the people of mars. By the way, have any of you seen these other anime(s), if so tell me what you think.

Majestic Prince

Captain Earth

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet

1 hour ago, Kirito.Yuuki said:

exactly, like the entire series was ruined by the unneeded drama of political marriages, and supposed royal sacrifice needed for the people of mars. By the way, have any of you seen these other anime(s), if so tell me what you think.

Majestic Prince

Captain Earth

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet

Didn't make it through Majestic Prince.  Never got around to Captain Earth.  Gargantia wasn't bad.  I liked the ED, Sora to Kimi no Message.

4 minutes ago, Kirito.Yuuki said:

Make sure to check out the about me tab in my profile for important information that can't be put on the forum.

*note to forum checkers or whatever the name was* : Does this count as advertisement?

its all good, aslong as there's no link, or focus on adverts