I have to say that I am extremely pissed about how Aldnoah ended. First what the heck is with the girl, (Princess Asseylum Vers Allusia)

she basically played with the MC emotions without realizing it.

Okay, so sorry to whoever hasn't seen it yet, but at the beginning

she tried to make peace with earth and was almost assassinated but her people were the ones to attempt to assassinate her,

but that has nothing to do with why I don't like the ending, so let me get right to the point. This girl made two guys fall in love with her without realizing it herself and what I am about to say next is the reason why I don't like it.

Okay so she met this "Terran" named 

Inaho Kaizuka who was really nice to her and they seemed to get along well with each other, but then this other guy shows up who was apparently her childhood friend named Slaine Troyard, I have no problem this so what it's just means a love triangle*. But what pissed me off is that a bunch of stuff happened (which I won't go into detail about) and he risked his life to help her and save her but in the second season instead of choosing either of the guys (Inaho Kaizuka or Slaine Troyard) she chooses a completely different guy who didn't show up til the end of the series. So instead of choosing a happy ending she choose a completely weird or annoying ending so neither one of the guys ended up with her.

*(Side note)It isn't even really a love triangle because that would mean that each person loved the other at the end of the arrows, this is more like a love angle.

Love Triangle: jrQzS_w1Gkmst_gYA2pNOL6lc3Sm8J-I7C7XUT-YjWs3LJWtN6whcMyzqWKkC4wlrWLOrdzgtU5SVck4hDVs_u2J45LZUgQUY4AXdUFMSWTr_88dZEYirTDuK0VDC7airk2r29c7-cOFhg

Love Angle: pQCMtqwwrxS4cFo_kSGJ2rL-pthyTaDX6Usug-SuSuBMWpFiMnSEWX90X-ayzrCVlMPnD4K7dhMjZR_k3f65rZyZz466snxwo0yvQHy-jWf41NTY0mFmWt-v_Tn0h4FZojD6KFgIQaj8wA

Edited by XII360
spoilers (be sure to do [spoiler] "TEXT" [/ spoiler]
  • Agree 1

I wasn't liking this one either.  Everyone seemed to be doing the wrong thing for the wrong reasons and the ending was just more of the same.  If I want to see dysfunctional politics ruining a good thing and messing everything up then I can watch the news.  I don't need it in my anime too.  They could have turned it around when Inaho and Slaine briefly got together, but when the producers didn't capitalize on that and pull it all together I almost stopped watching.  It wasn't even good tragedy.

I did like some of the science fiction plot devices however.  The Martian technology being keyed to a particular bloodline was interesting in a pull-the-sword-from-the-stone sort of way.  The approach to the "superpower" given to each mecha and the way Inaho figures out the physics basis for each one to come up with a way to win his fights was also interesting to the "hard" science fiction part of my brain.  I do enjoy that kind of thing, but it was buried under so much other crap that it wasn't enough to redeem the show for me.

exactly, like the entire series was ruined by the unneeded drama of political marriages, and supposed royal sacrifice needed for the people of mars. By the way, have any of you seen these other anime(s), if so tell me what you think.

Majestic Prince

Captain Earth

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet

1 hour ago, Kirito.Yuuki said:

exactly, like the entire series was ruined by the unneeded drama of political marriages, and supposed royal sacrifice needed for the people of mars. By the way, have any of you seen these other anime(s), if so tell me what you think.

Majestic Prince

Captain Earth

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet

Didn't make it through Majestic Prince.  Never got around to Captain Earth.  Gargantia wasn't bad.  I liked the ED, Sora to Kimi no Message.

Make sure to check out the about me tab in my profile for important information that can't be put on the forum.

*note to forum checkers or whatever the name was* : Does this count as advertisement?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Kirito.Yuuki said:

Make sure to check out the about me tab in my profile for important information that can't be put on the forum.

*note to forum checkers or whatever the name was* : Does this count as advertisement?

its all good, aslong as there's no link, or focus on adverts

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By MeandMyImaginaryFriends
      What do you guys think a 3D Open world Mega Man game would look like? Just imagine you're in the year 20XX, the X series hasn't been created yet(though that doesn't mean that and the powers inthat game can't be refered to in some way) and the world is essentially an Ecumenopolis, a planet wide city. You still have robot masters to defeat and a whole world to explore. What would the game play be like? I wanna stay away from the whole amnesia trope that BOTW has to elicit a feeling of discovery but I still want discovery to be a huge aspect of the game.

My thoughts are that Mega Man has the ability to take on 3-4 job classes at once. And by job classes I mean the powers bestowed onto Rock by either defeating robot masters or scanning their data. Rock would essentially work as a hands on Civil Servant. He takes on jobs like Kitty Wrangler, Volunteer Firefighter(Aqua Man Abilities), Mover/ Construction worker(Guts Man abilities). Each power has 3-4 different types of uses and allows him to either traverse the world around him in interesting ways or let him deal with obstacles in the way like with Gutsman's carrying powers. He was just created in this world and is the "first" of his kind that can have multiple abilities like this, not knowing Proto Man was already created. but Rock and Roll are the two parts of Proto Man that needed to be separated in order to not have insubordination. Essentially Rock would have the powers and the more obedient mind to carry our orders while Roll would have the super intelligence to coordinate Rock externally much like you see in The Oracle from the Batman series/comics or Futaba in Persona 5.

Whats the mystery though? I could just have it be character driven like why both programs in Proto Man couldn't run simultaneously and ended up corrupting him but it can also maybe refer to the world illustrate how the sigma virus started? I also want the world to have a bit of discovery elements to it and maybe through the different aspects of the world, you realize that combinations in programming cause the robots to malfunction and it's your job to fix it or make sure it doesn't happen again. Maybe there's a scrap pile for all of the thrown out robots and you can get weirdly "cronenberg-y" with it with Robots tryin to assemble and create deformed looking versions of themselves. Maybe in a less horror note, the robots have found a sanctuary that allows them to be away from the busy bustling life of humans and have learned to live amongst nature like the so called murder robots in Laputa Castle in the Sky. How would Rock deal with that and is that enough for the sense of discovery? How would one in this type of setting get the BOTW sense of discovery though? I'm curious about your thoughts.

• By jmf6401
      No matter how many times I watch it, no matter how I look at it, I can't see the ending of Gurren Lagann as anything other than a bad joke.  Simon goes through all that suffering only to wind up with nothing.  Not only that, he acts as if losing Nia isn't that big of a deal.  Nia was kidnapped, tortured, and ultimately died for nothing.  Her death accomplished nothing and it wouldn't have made any difference to the plot if Simon had left her to die.  If that wasn't insulting enough, Rossiu not only escapes punishment for all he did but is able to live out his life with the woman he loves.  If Simon didn't deserve that then what makes Rossiu worthy of it?  Why doesn't anyone else realize that the only thing Gurren Lagann proves is that the Joker was right all along?  What do you know that I don't?
    • By Koshigaya23
      I joined this forum a couple weeks ago and I've been trying to submit information to those with questions regarding an anime they saw in the past (Recommendations Section). If you saw something in the early 2000's or 90's...post your question if you're looking for the name of or information regarding an older anime in the Recommendations section. I'll try to answer this week or next week if I recognize the title. Even if I don't recognize your description entirely; I can still try to point you in the right direction. If you posted 'looking for...' context in Recommendations; check to see if I haven't already written an answer. I joined Anime Forums to help people find or rediscover classic anime. I know over 300 classic titles by memory and have knowledge of some rarities which never made it out of Japan. If it's regarding manga, though...I'm not quite as helpful (I never read manga quite like I watch anime). 
      Advise is free...take it ✌🇯🇵

• By JessiBourgeois
      So looking for artists who could do like 3 or 4 anime versions of myself. Dont care if they are amateurs or whatever. Just need it done. If I could get help I be grateful!
    • By ferron86
      Does anyone know where I can find the original mega man tv series online? I have been wanting to watch it again (havent seen it sice i was 10) and cant seem to find a site that has it. Thanks!