Looking for a anime (know the story not the name)

Megaman11

Question

I watched an anime a long time ago. The story goes like this. 4 children (2b & 2g) does their rite of passage. After that they will be able to use magic. 1girl once saves a goblin like creature from drowning. After a while in the storyline the goblin along with other goblins starts revolting against the magic people. They kill a lot of magician. And the protagonist kills that goblin. But later on they finds that those goblins were actually non magic human who were transformed into goblins by magic people. 

6 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, ~J~ said:

Is it Shinsekai Yori, I haven't finished it but that sounds kinda like it.

Damn. Right on dude.. this is the one. 😌😌 Finally found it. Loved the story then except for the lgbt shit. 

On 7/17/2020 at 8:17 PM, Beocat said:

No idea but it does sound interesting.

Found it. It's shinsekai yori

Thanks to ~J~

1 hour ago, Megaman11 said:

But the main story is this. Isn't it?

Wellll.. let me describe the anime as I remember it and you can tell me...

There were no "goblins" for one thing.  There were mole-rats (I think they were called "monster-rats" in the English version) that were kind of goblin-like in character, but they were not former humans.  They did have some human DNA because they were genetically engineered.  In some sense they could therefore be considered descendants of humans, but it isn't like they were born human then magically turned into mole-rats.  The mole-rats do have a revolt of sorts, but it is more of a civil war between the mole-rat colonies than against the humans.  It is brought about by the kids (and their god-like magical powers by mole-rat standards) helping one of the mole-rat clans and thus destabilizing the balance of power between the clans.  There's a lot of politics and machinizations.  The whole Kiroumaru vs Squealer thing was the main focus there.  Squnk - the one who got rescued from drowning - was actually a fairly minor character.  It is actually Kiroumaru, working with one of the kids (and thus the humans) who defeats Squealer in return for the humans saving his tribe from retribution.

There's a *lot* of other stuff that goes on as well however.  The overall story was about a post-apocalyptic society built after the evolution of magic-wielding humans, which lead to catastrophic wars and, eventually, to strict regulation and control of magic-using individuals, including genetic- and social engineering of the survivors and the rewriting or banning of a lot knowledge of human history.  (I took the mole-rats' revolt as a sort of example-in-miniature of the end of the former human civilization.)  The story does follow 5 or 6 kids (not 4) through school, though one (Shun) goes demonic and one of the other kids gets killed off early by the village elders.  Then there's the whole Shun arc showing what can happen when the protocols aren't followed.  The strict protocols for teaching and using magic, and consequences for misuse (such as the use of Impure Cats) like we have now for nuclear power are a lot of what the anime is about.  In fact, the whole anime is mostly a series of discoveries/examples of why such strict protocols are in place in the first place.  At one point the whole thing is spelled out in a conversation between Saki - one of the kids - and the head of the "Ethics Committee", one of the human/magician village's elders.

The only reason the human/magicians get involved is because the kids get into (and find out) a lot of stuff that they shouldn't, including going looking for the Shun-demon and providing the mole-rat clans access to magic.  (Especially Squealer's.)  The magician/human village's elders are actually trying to track down the kids like we would try to find and recover a rogue atomic bomb irl, and for much the same reasons.  Technically Squealer is eventually killed by one of the human/magician elders, but it is as an act of mercy to save him from an eternity of torment after he is magically sealed away for instigating the "revolt" after he and his tribe are subdued by Kiroumaru & his clan (and Saki).

You are not wrong.  But like I said, I never would have associated your description with my recollections of this anime.  :)