Bessatsu Olympia Kyklos

EvaUnit69

anime-header.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=960&h=5

This anime. This anime is perfect.

I don't think there was a single moment of this anime I was not laughing. It is a 5 min per episode type of anime, which I think fits perfectly. I honestly don't want to say a lot about this anime because even though each episode is so short there is so much to unpack. Go give this a shot, you will not regret it.

• Like 1

@EvaUnit69 if you’re enjoying it you may want to check out Therme Romae by the same writer. I only watched 1 episode, but there were clear similarities.

As for Olympia Kyklos, it’s ... different 😂 I’ve seen around 9 episodes & it usually made me chuckle at least once per episode, which is more than some full length comedy serIes managed. I still think it’s a hardsell for your average otaku.  A lot of people will be turned off by the animation style which seems like a combination of claymation & whatever South Park uses. Actually I kinda feel a Monty Python influence on the humor & animation too. A lot of the humor will probably be funnier if you’re an ancient Greek culture nerd, especially the closing songs. But like you said, the episodes are short so maybe check out a couple to see if it’s enjoyable enough.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Friendly 1

So I just watched the 2 latest eps. Episode 9 actually took a bit of a serious turn for a couple minutes which was a surprise. And episode 10 ... I’ll just say “Spartans” and “Pro Wrestling” and leave it at that 😂