Change My Mind: the General Anime Discourse

riceball

In this topic i want everyone to talk and discuss different anime, share your opinion on them, see what others think and maybe change someone's mind. :)

I'll start with a new addition:

1798727875_LanimPostApocalyptique_JapanSinks_2020_deMasaakiYuasaarrivesurNetflix.thumb.png.2ddaf66576881e36320a94cd33cd551a.png

What are your thoughts on this, if it's not too brash to say, very well timed release ?

Edited by riceball

^ Will probably watch eventually, but not anytime soon. To be honest right now I watch anime to distract from me the real world. Which is not to say everything I’m currently watching is cheerful & happy (Hello Re:Zero & Fruits Basket 😂). But also lighter stuff like Lapis Relights & Diary of our Days at Breakwater & escapism like Appare Ranman.

1 hour ago, Ohiotaku said:

^ Will probably watch eventually, but not anytime soon. To be honest right now I watch anime to distract from me the real world. Which is not to say everything I’m currently watching is cheerful & happy (Hello Re:Zero & Fruits Basket 😂). But also lighter stuff like Lapis Relights & Diary of our Days at Breakwater & escapism like Appare Ranman.

@Ohiotaku Very relatable. Anime is great for downtime and getting away from the negative in the world. I'm watching too many Anime's right now. I don't think I'll be opting into anymore anytime soon.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

Very relatable, i also watch anime to not think about what is happening around me. But Japan Sinks isn't negative in that way, it didn't actually make me think what if it happened, but it does leave you with a very bitter feeling in your stomach. Nonetheless, I recommend it for it's casual realism, kenopsia and things slightly out of feel, that still fit in.

10 hours ago, riceball said:

In this topic i want everyone to talk and discuss different anime, share your opinion on them, see what others think and maybe change someone's mind. :)

I'll start with a new addition:

What are your thoughts on this, if it's not too brash to say, very well timed release ?

That's on my watch-for list.  I kind of got a Tokyo Magnitude 8.0++ vibe from some of the stuff I've seen on it.  Hopefully it is a bit less depressing.

Edited by efaardvark

15 hours ago, Zila said:

Gintama

Think I watched the first season. And then the movie, was actually surprised to see a more serious side to it.

15 hours ago, Zila said:

Mushi-Shi

A very unique series in that it can be very calm & relaxing but also creepy and unnerving at times. And there was usually some sort of lesson or precaution to the stories. Very much has the feel of stories told around a campfire. While one of it’s distinctive traits is that each episode was self contained, I found that the ones I enjoyed most had some level of character development, like Ginko’s childhood (although I don’t think they ever came right out & said it was him) & the one that showed how his attitude towards Mushi was different from other Mushi-shi & how that affected his way of resolving conflicts. Also the ones with recurring characters like his  friend the merchant & the girl who acted as a messenger as they gave the stories a more personal feel.

On 8/1/2020 at 4:20 AM, efaardvark said:

That's on my watch-for list.  I kind of got a Tokyo Magnitude 8.0++ vibe from some of the stuff I've seen on it.  Hopefully it is a bit less depressing.

I can't promise you it will be happier, although i have to say it takes the depressing to a weirder place, makes you experience a feeling you probably didn't know you could feel.