Yuki Yuna is a Hero

Optic

This is a pretty good magical girl anime title.

Chances are if you like magical girl anime titles you will definitely like this one. Of course it does have its dark moments, but if we were using benchmarks I'd say this is inbetween Nanoha and Madoka. Not overly dark and not excessively Nanoha cute.

yuuki-yuna-is-a-hero-wide-3.thumb.jpg.24a4283bb32841adeef67e74fe8ed6f4.jpg

There is plenty of slice of life filler as it involves doing activities for their "Hero" school club. Yuki Yuna is the best genki girl ever. (o^.^o)

yuuki-yuna-is-a-hero-poster-3.thumb.jpg.ba173e725a7e782eb7f609883b11ec3e.jpg

I liked the outfits, nice simple and elegant flair. And yes there are familiars. As for the combat scenes? They don't fail to disappoint, decently animated. ;)

yuuki-yuna-is-a-hero-poster-2.thumb.jpg.855e56b18897106f2faf6ffc75fc6f36.jpg

This was a pretty good title. Back when it was airing, I had originally dropped it 4 or so episodes in, and someone told me to keep going since the next three or four episodes were already out. I really didn't regret watching the rest due to the change of pace this anime took. I was originally afraid it would just end up really cliche or just stay SoL without comedy. Highly recommend to anyone who likes magical girl anime with a bit of a dark story tied in as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I quite liked Togo, of course Yuki is my number one favourite. I love genki characters!

I think I'll have to rewatch this series again at some point, truthfully I've forgotten most of the plot except the action scenes and their fancy smartphone apps. >_<

I'm going to start watching this during this coming weekend! It looks fantastic! I'll post my thoughts and write a full review of it once I've finished it. I would start it sooner but I have a Calculus test this Friday so most of my free time is spent preparing for that.

Just noticed this was my 400th post xP

I'm going to start watching this during this coming weekend! It looks fantastic! I'll post my thoughts and write a full review of it once I've finished it. I would start it sooner but I have a Calculus test this Friday so most of my free time is spent preparing for that.

Well I hope you like it then! :) Just incase you didn't read my post earlier, it does start out a tad slow, but picks up around episode 5-6.

Just noticed this was my 400th post xP

I remember back when I had 400 posts... xD I think it was mid January. :P Anyway... good job getting 400 posts! You're currently the 5th highest poster on the forum if you didn't know.

Well I hope you like it then! :) Just incase you didn't read my post earlier, it does start out a tad slow, but picks up around episode 5-6.

That won't bother me a bit. I've watched/read tons of things that started out slowly. I'm really looking forward to it.

I remember back when I had 400 posts... xD I think it was mid January. :P Anyway... good job getting 400 posts! You're currently the 5th highest poster on the forum if you didn't know.

Thanks! I do know I'm the 5th highest poster :P I tend to keep up with those kinds of statistics :P 69 more posts and I'll be the 4rth highest poster :P

That won't bother me a bit. I've watched/read tons of things that started out slowly. I'm really looking forward to it.

Ah, ok. I'm actually one of those people who get turned off by a SoL anime if by the first three episodes nothing much has really happened (this excludes comedy anime :P) Also, it may not even be as slow as I remember, its just that when its airing, and you have to wait an entire week for a new episode, a show like this can seem extremely slow.

Thanks! I do know I'm the 5th highest poster :P I tend to keep up with those kinds of statistics :P 69 more posts and I'll be the 4rth highest poster :P

Ah, ok, as do I. (Only 228+ more posts to go. :P I figure I'll be able to catch up to Optic around the 2,000 mark.)

I feel like I've watched a different anime. xP

I watched the first 6 episodes last night and I didn't feel like it started off slow at all.

So far my favorite character is a tie between Tougou and Karin. Both are great <3

I'm really enjoying it so far!

• Geano locked this topic