Anime Wishlist (More Please ...)

Ohayotaku

So what are some anime series you wish there was more of (another season, Movie, OVA)? Not really talking about cases where more is on the way & we’re just waiting (The Promised Neverland, Rising of the Shield Hero, etc.) But ones where there has been no official word on a continuation & some time had passed)

Some of mine:

Vinland Saga

Beautiful Bones (Sakurako’s Investigation)

Land of the Lustrous

The Ones Within

Dorohedoro

Overlord

and some guilty pleasures (Princess Resurrection & Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero) :P 

Edited by Ohiotaku

I would second Overlord from your list.  That one has unfinished business that needs attention.  Also maybe Spice and Wolf?  Romances in general seem to stop just as the story gets good. :)

I guess I could mention a couple more like Cowboy Bebop or DanMachi where it kind of seems like there ought to be more to it than what the anime covered.  Enough for another season anyway.

I don’t really have many of my own for that sort of list though.  As long as there’s some sort of closure I’m good.  I’m not big on extending existing shows (books, etc.) just because I like the story or characters.  Often It seems like the good/popular ones get extended mostly just to cash in.  Sometimes they aren’t done well, or they end with a “cliffhanger” or loose ends that may or may not get another season to finish/fix.  I’d usually rather see a spin-off in the same universe or have the same artist(s) do another story.  Better that than mess up an anime I already like.

@efaardvark I generally feel that a single cour (12 - 13 episodes) isn’t really enough time to tell a well developed story without it feeling incomplete or rushed. The 24 - 26 episode range seems to work pretty well. But after 100+ episodes, a series usually has to be pretty special to not feel repetitive or too reliant on filler. Of course those are just generalizations. If they ever made a direct sequel to Cowboy Bebop, I doubt I would even watch it. To me the way it ended was what made a lasting impression on me. 
And I’ve mentioned it before, but I still hope that the fact that the Battle Angel Alita live action movie seems to have some fans will lead to a more comprehensive anime adaption of the manga than that 2 episode OVA series from way back when, since it was one of the few manga I really got into.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

If they ever made a direct sequel to Cowboy Bebop, I doubt I would even watch it.

I agree.  Probably.  I'd watch it if they did NOT include Jet, Spike, Faye, Edward, or Ein.  But of course then why even call it Cowboy Bebop?

I have to admit that I'd certainly be curious about anything that was directed by Watanabe.   Something different in the same universe I mean.  Especially in a space setting you can just fly off into another plot line.  :)

4 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

I agree.  Probably.  I'd watch it if they did NOT include Jet, Spike, Faye, Edward, or Ein.  But of course then why even call it Cowboy Bebop?

I have to admit that I'd certainly be curious about anything that was directed by Watanabe.   Something different in the same universe I mean.  Especially in a space setting you can just fly off into another plot line.  :)

Bebop and Champloo have to be ranked towards the top of a lot of my lists, so when I first read this comment it initially struck a bad cord. But as I thought more about it, I agree. I don't think that I would enjoy a remake with the original characters. Same universe, I would probably take to more.  Curious, how was Carole & Tuesday taken? 

43 minutes ago, Supernova1! said:

Bebop and Champloo have to be ranked towards the top of a lot of my lists, so when I first read this comment it initially struck a bad cord. But as I thought more about it, I agree. I don't think that I would enjoy a remake with the original characters. Same universe, I would probably take to more.  Curious, how was Carole & Tuesday taken?

Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like I didn't like those characters, just that I wouldn't want a sequel (reboot, etc.) using those characters.  Especially not after that ending,  It is fine the way it is.

As for Carole & Tuesday, that's a good question.  I didn't watch it personally.  I know some people were calling it a CB sequel of sorts though, mostly because of the Alba City setting, the "woolong" as currency, and the musical theme.  🤔  How could one not make the connection?  Probably why there was also a few people who were calling it simply a money-grab after the success of CB.  I waited to see if it got good reviews and when I didn't hear anything I kind of forgot about it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like I didn't like those characters, just that I wouldn't want a sequel (reboot, etc.) using those characters.  Especially not after that ending,  It is fine the way it is.

As for Carole & Tuesday, that's a good question.  I didn't watch it personally.  I know some people were calling it a CB sequel of sorts though, mostly because of the Alba City setting, the "woolong" as currency, and the musical theme.  🤔  How could one not make the connection?  Probably why there was also a few people who were calling it simply a money-grab after the success of CB.  I waited to see if it got good reviews and when I didn't hear anything I kind of forgot about it.

Same, I also have not seen Carole & Tuesday. I am a bit skeptical as to it withstanding against CB & SC, the correlation that I hear of and that you express discourage me a bit more into watching it, despite the alright reviews. Thank you for the input! I was curious as to what you thought regarding it. 

On 8/19/2020 at 5:28 PM, NeonKettle said:

I am DESPERATELY waiting on Mob Psycho s3. Oh my god I can’t wait. ❤️ The second the news breaks on that I’m gonna lose my damn mind. 😆

Yeah I am really looking forward to that as well. Season two was just completely insane :D

Personally, I would like Madhouse to make more seasons of No Game No Life. 

• Like 1