hey there...

Supernova1!

Hello,

This is the first anime forum/group that I have joined, and am both excited and curious about it. I am a long time anime and manga enthusiast. Though haven't had many (interested) friends really, to converse with about it. Thus, I am on here. I am a bit of an old soul and a romantic, so I will probably tend to post sappy old romantic stuff.  On the flip side of that, late 90's and early 00's emo is right up there with Chopin and Debussy for me. Needless to say i'm a bit all over the board. 

Im into Astronomy and tend to photograph that a lot. I like to dabble in drawing manga (though I wouldn't say i'm that great at it, my story telling lacks finesse). I do love to sketch and am fairly ok at oil paintings, medium aside. I like to think that I tend to gravitate towards developed and real world anime, but always find myself off in a far off  fantastical anime, amongst the monsters, they intrigue me more.

Eta Piscium : In Mundo Ignis 
Edited by Supernova1!
  • Like 1

Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy it here 😁

Can definitely relate to your comments about being an “old soul” & not really having irl friends that are into anime. Fortunately members here are really nice & I’ve been hanging around here almost 2 years now.

Serious romances or dramas aren’t genres I’ve  really spent a whole lot of time on, but really love the currently airing Fruits Basket remake. There are a couple of us watching & commenting on it here so I would highly recommend it. I’d also recommend Science Fell in Love, so I Tried to Prove It & Recovery of an MMO Junkie as examples of short but enjoyable romcoms. I tend to enjoy exploring lots of different genres, but my favorites tend to be Fantasy & Supernatural.

Anyway, glad you found your way here & hope you stick around.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy it here 😁

Can definitely relate to your comments about being an “old soul” & not really having irl friends that are into anime. Fortunately members here are really nice & I’ve been hanging around here almost 2 years now.

Serious romances or dramas aren’t genres I’ve  really spent a whole lot of time on, but really love the currently airing Fruits Basket remake. There are a couple of us watching & commenting on it here so I would highly recommend it. I’d also recommend Science Fell in Love, so I Tried to Prove It & Recovery of an MMO Junkie as examples of short but enjoyable romcoms. I tend to enjoy exploring lots of different genres, but my favorites tend to be Fantasy & Supernatural.

Anyway, glad you found your way here & hope you stick around.

Thanks! I hope to stick around also. 

I have seen Recovery of an MMO Junkie and really enjoyed it! The relationship between Morioka and her coworkers was so fun and great to watch, not to mention when she finally broke down her walls!

I have been a sous chef in the city I live in for the last 4 years, so any anime food stuff I actually attempt to cook. I guess it isn't anime, but actually food, expressed in anime. I'm sure you'll see me post a ton of anime food stuff  also *thumbs up* 

GOW: "I was practicing, how to walk on my own. There in that place. Even if i'm barefoot."

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

14 hours ago, Supernova1! said:

I have been a sous chef in the city I live in for the last 4 years, so any anime food stuff I actually attempt to cook. I guess it isn't anime, but actually food, expressed in anime. I'm sure you'll see me post a ton of anime food stuff  also *thumbs up* 

Welcome senpai, teach me your ways, cannot climb out line cook. I am good at saute, i kick ass in grill, fryer can be done blind folded, but for some reasons when I get put on as a supervisor I start freaking out and messing up stuff that even the new kid can do. Much sad.

So happy to have another cook here, hope you stick around for a while : D

15 hours ago, Supernova1! said:

I am no professional chef but cooking is a major hobby of mine & I'm quite interested in making dishes from some of my favorite anime shows. Please post pics of anything that you make :) I'm actually writing a book now about a woman who is a talented caterer & she discovers she has these wild abilities that she'll have to use to take down this ancient cult. I plan to post some of the recipes in the back of the book. 

48 minutes ago, EvaUnit69 said:

Welcome senpai, teach me your ways, cannot climb out line cook. I am good at saute, i kick ass in grill, fryer can be done blind folded, but for some reasons when I get put on as a supervisor I start freaking out and messing up stuff that even the new kid can do. Much sad.

So happy to have another cook here, hope you stick around for a while : D

I swear, if I was ever in the mood for an anime picnic, it is right...now!!! 

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1