How does anime make one feel?

Shiv

Guys..do animes make you feel a certain kind of way too?...after finishing a good anime...I'm left with a big void in my heart..I just get lost in thought...I know I could never be as good as one of those anime characters..but just wanting to be feels good.. the melancholy is enjoyable..imagining yourself as one of the characters feels good..needless to say it helps me escape reality..it fills my head with unrealistic expectations which isn't healthy but it feels good..like a drug..anime girls are like a remedy to sadness..how does it make you people feel?

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

2 hours ago, Shiv said:

Guys..do animes make you feel a certain kind of way too?...after finishing a good anime...I'm left with a big void in my heart..I just get lost in thought...I know I could never be as good as one of those anime characters..but just wanting to be feels good.. the melancholy is enjoyable..imagining yourself as one of the characters feels good..needless to say it helps me escape reality..it fills my head with unrealistic expectations which isn't healthy but it feels good..like a drug..anime girls are like a remedy to sadness..how does it make you people feel?

id like to report this post, 

why am i being stated in the post? please do something mods

...oh wait i am a mod >.>....

but yea, same, sometimes i just feel, empty, but after like an hour, or three, i get back to normal, and just do what i can

aside from that feeling, i also have the urge to stop watching a good anime overall, since i dont want it to end, it cant end if i don't finish it right? nice logic bro >.>

but most of the times, aside from above, it makes me cry yea, im a cry baby, whatchu gun do about it? huh?!?! good anime ending is always sad ._.

other times, i just feel like, drawing them, i guess amazed from the way certain angles are drawn?, idk >.>

2 hours ago, Shiv said:

it fills my head with unrealistic expectations which isn't healthy but it feels good..like a drug..anime girls are like a remedy to sadness..how does it make you people feel?

a little fun fact, i get my motivation to jog everyday from listening to songs, watching the animations done in TUYU/eve songs, are hella giving me motivations to keep running, sometimes while i listen to them -- whilst jogging, i sprint faster than i need too (which means i exhaust myself hella faster too

it's kinda...a good feeling?, i imagine myself in the videos, e.g; TUYU song, "being low as dirt one", the lyrics hit hard when she descends into a fallen angel, and i just run faster, like i increase step-length, and speed of feet-landing on the ground, and all that, basically i just run faster >.>

• Friendly 1

56 minutes ago, XII360 said:

id like to report this post, 

why am i being stated in the post? please do something mods

...oh wait i am a mod >.>....

but yea, same, sometimes i just feel, empty, but after like an hour, or three, i get back to normal, and just do what i can

aside from that feeling, i also have the urge to stop watching a good anime overall, since i dont want it to end, it cant end if i don't finish it right? nice logic bro >.>

but most of the times, aside from above, it makes me cry yea, im a cry baby, whatchu gun do about it? huh?!?! good anime ending is always sad ._.

other times, i just feel like, drawing them, i guess amazed from the way certain angles are drawn?, idk >.>

a little fun fact, i get my motivation to jog everyday from listening to songs, watching the animations done in TUYU/eve songs, are hella giving me motivations to keep running, sometimes while i listen to them -- whilst jogging, i sprint faster than i need too (which means i exhaust myself hella faster too

it's kinda...a good feeling?, i imagine myself in the videos, e.g; TUYU song, "being low as dirt one", the lyrics hit hard when she descends into a fallen angel, and i just run faster, like i increase step-length, and speed of feet-landing on the ground, and all that, basically i just run faster >.>

My first discussion and I get a reply from a moderator...honestly I'm honoured...

I do the song thing all the time too..Only in my case, I'm on a treadmill...(cause I can't wake up before 9 for the life of me)..I sometimes imagine myself playing the song or make up a movie scene(with me in it ofcourse) while listening to the song..so it ups the immersion factor..and yeah that does keep me running for an extra 15 minutes or so..it feels good to exhaust yourself to a good song..more often than not finishing a good anime makes me wanna play the keyboard..(not that I could play anything decent to save my life..more like it makes me wanna learn something to play)...playing anime themes makes me feel I'm in that anime..even if it's only for a minute..even if I play it poorly..crying's another side effect..but what's worse than crying is when you can't cry but you're just sad..when it all remains inside of you..sure it's savourable but..its also painful..like the way I felt after I finished your lie in April..sadness was all I could feel for the following week or two...(why did Kaori have to die?!!!)...the catharsis that accompanies crying is..the best..(crying does leave you with a headache tho..)..I do wish I could draw tho...but I'm just.. painfully unskilled at that..(not that my keyboard playing's any better..)

• Friendly 1

1 hour ago, Shiv said:

My first discussion and I get a reply from a moderator...honestly I'm honoured...

p-please treat me like any other normal user, i used to be a normal user here too >_<, and would be delighted to still be treated as one >.>....

1 hour ago, Shiv said:

I sometimes imagine myself playing the song or make up a movie scene(with me in it of course) while listening to the song..so it ups the immersion factor..and yeah that does keep me running for an extra 15 minutes or so..it feels good to exhaust yourself to a good song..

this is so true, getting immersed in the song, and imagining yourself, or at the very least, relating to the song/characters, is a huge "up up"

1 hour ago, Shiv said:

more often than not finishing a good anime makes me wanna play the keyboard..(not that I could play anything decent to save my life..more like it makes me wanna learn something to play)...playing anime themes makes me feel I'm in that anime..even if it's only for a minute..even if I play it poorly..

same same same, only, rather than instrument, i do hand motions?, like, tapping fingers, imagining im playing a piano (not that i know how a piano works >.>)

there's also singing along with the song, im not a japanese, but hey, aslong as im having fun 

crying's another side effect..but what's worse than crying is when you can't cry but you're just sad..when it all remains inside of you..sure it's savourable but..its also painful..like the way I felt after I finished your lie in April..sadness was all I could feel for the following week or two...

(why did Kaori have to die?!!!)...context [ /spoiler] to spoil xD

...the catharsis that accompanies crying is..the best..(crying does leave you with a headache tho..)..I do wish I could draw tho...but I'm just.. painfully unskilled at that..(not that my keyboard playing's any better..)

its that feeling, like emptiness, right ?, i had it a few days ago too, when i finished a good game, i felt empty and somewhat ranted on FB >.>, but i returned to normal after 3 hours or so, surprisingly fast, i expected it to last a day (though...i did dream a bit about a somewhat similar scenerio to the game..>.>...)

crying never gave me a headache though, at best, i probably looked dumb, and i always say, when asked why im crying

"im not crying, there's just sweat in my eyes" ...say's me while my room is air conditioned >.>, but otherwise yea, it makes me somewhat happy, especially if the ending is good, bad ends usually don't make me cry (at best, profanities will be unsheathed from my mouth >.>), or a joke, it really depends on how bad things were

an example would be...Charlotte, the ending, i wont get into it, but i found the ending stupid >.>, MC coulda fixed things, but he didn't, he messed up in that ending, sure it was wholesome, but i still found it stupid >.> (others may say otherwise, but i still found it stupid, if he has such power, he could use it ffs)

• Friendly 1

7 minutes ago, XII360 said:

p-please treat me like any other normal user, i used to be a normal user here too >_<, and would be delighted to still be treated as one >.>....

this is so true, getting immersed in the song, and imagining yourself, or at the very least, relating to the song/characters, is a huge "up up"

same same same, only, rather than instrument, i do hand motions?, like, tapping fingers, imagining im playing a piano (not that i know how a piano works >.>)

there's also singing along with the song, im not a japanese, but hey, aslong as im having fun 

gomen..😅.. totally forgot about the spoiler tag..I'll remember it from now on..also I'll treat you as a normal user if that's what you want..but really tho..you're quite the celebrity here(just a compliment)..also I hope I'm not bothering you by talkin' too much...you know how real life introverts get on the internet.. yeah I'm one of those...about the bad endings..yeah those ruin the mood a little but when an ending doesn't go my way..I just..accept it as what the author thought suitable for the ending..after all... all these animes,shows,movies were thought of by a different person..their tastes and way of thinking different than ours...we invest our time and in some cases money to experience their story on a mere gamble that it's gonna be enjoyable from our perspectives too..so if an ending doesn't go my way..I just accept it as the author's thinking and enjoy it as that..almost as if I were watching it happen in real life as a spectator..if in a harem..the girl I'm rooting for doesn't end up with the protagonist..I'll feel sad(and probably vent about it on AF from now on)..but I'll enjoy it as if that's what I was supposed to feel..ofcourse in the corner of my mind I'd be like " him ending up with her makes more sense! Damn you author!"...but I just keep those thoughts in that corner..it's similar to how I deal with disappointment in real life..in my head I'd be running simulations of how I could've done it better..but in the end..I accept it as a part of the story and not treat it as an aberration...as long as there's a possibility of it happening I accept it..and by that logic..anything's possible..and irl too..people often screw up at moments they least accept themselves to screw up..and so this way of thinking.. keeps me from getting infuriated at the ending..and cursing at the author..ofcourse at the end of the day..I make up my own ideal ending in my head..not nearly as satisfying as it happening in real life but...kinda therapeutic..

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Shiv said:

also I'll treat you as a normal user if that's what you want..but really tho..you're quite the celebrity here(just a compliment)..also I hope I'm not bothering you by talkin' too much...you know how real life introverts get on the internet.. yeah I'm one of those...

about the bad endings..yeah those ruin the mood a little but when an ending doesn't go my way..I just..accept it as what the author thought suitable for the ending..after all... all these animes,shows,movies were thought of by a different person..their tastes and way of thinking different than ours...we invest our time and in some cases money to experience their story on a mere gamble that it's gonna be enjoyable from our perspectives too..so if an ending doesn't go my way..I just accept it as the author's thinking and enjoy it as that..almost as if I were watching it happen in real life as a spectator..if in a harem..the girl I'm rooting for doesn't end up with the protagonist..I'll feel sad(and probably vent about it on AF from now on)..but I'll enjoy it as if that's what I was supposed to feel..ofcourse in the corner of my mind I'd be like " him ending up with her makes more sense! Damn you author!"...but I just keep those thoughts in that corner..it's similar to how I deal with disappointment in real life..in my head I'd be running simulations of how I could've done it better..but in the end..I accept it as a part of the story and not treat it as an aberration...as long as there's a possibility of it happening I accept it..and by that logic..anything's possible..and irl too..people often screw up at moments they least accept themselves to screw up..and so this way of thinking.. keeps me from getting infuriated at the ending..and cursing at the author..ofcourse at the end of the day..I make up my own ideal ending in my head..not nearly as satisfying as it happening in real life but...kinda therapeutic..

i-i doubt im that famous, atleast i think im not?, im just your daily-outa-the-mill-lame-artist xD, but thanks, i think? (i-im really akward to compliments >_<) 

and its cool, i have nothing to do, i already finished the gacha event's i needed to finish (harsh two days of nolifing >_<) and now all i have to do is draw the next comic-san

31 minutes ago, Shiv said:

about the bad endings..yeah those ruin the mood a little but when an ending doesn't go my way..I just..accept it as what the author thought suitable for the ending..after all... all these animes,shows,movies were thought of by a different person..their tastes and way of thinking different than ours...we invest our time and in some cases money to experience their story on a mere gamble that it's gonna be enjoyable from our perspectives too..so if an ending doesn't go my way..I just accept it as the author's thinking and enjoy it as that..almost as if I were watching it happen in real life as a spectator..if in a harem..the girl I'm rooting for doesn't end up with the protagonist..I'll feel sad(and probably vent about it on AF from now on)..but I'll enjoy it as if that's what I was supposed to feel..ofcourse in the corner of my mind I'd be like " him ending up with her makes more sense! Damn you author!"...but I just keep those thoughts in that corner...

you raise a good point of logic though, there's nothing to be done, it is the authors "canon" ending, some people will feel dissatisfied, and thus rant about it online, some will feel "that coulda gone better", some will have liked that ending, and some (read; me) will hate the main protagonist for not using his powers! damn you otosaka, you seriously f*cked that up >_> (funnily enough, it doesn't even bother me, but i still find it to be a dum-dum move he did ._.)

remembering charlotte ending, somehow made me remember about the propaganda on franxx and darling (i didn't watch it, i only saw a video from gigguk), where the internet went on-storm after a certain side character kissed a certain main character 

38 minutes ago, Shiv said:

it's similar to how I deal with disappointment in real life..in my head I'd be running simulations of how I could've done it better..but in the end..I accept it as a part of the story and not treat it as an aberration...as long as there's a possibility of it happening I accept it..and by that logic..anything's possible..and irl too..people often screw up at moments they least accept themselves to screw up..and so this way of thinking.. keeps me from getting infuriated at the ending..and cursing at the author..ofcourse at the end of the day..I make up my own ideal ending in my head..not nearly as satisfying as it happening in real life but...kinda therapeutic..

mhm, im somewhat the same, only, aside from that, i kind of try to imagine pain? idk its kinda wierd, like, you see how characters get injured in anime fights, i sometimes try to imagine

"i wonder how much it would hurt if i slammed my head on a wall, or how much pain would i get if i punch a tree? i bet i can break a tree if i punch it" - my words before i punch a tree and feel utter pain for doing such things

the tree didn't even deserve my abuse! jesus, me 

there is also nothing wrong with thinking of an alternative ending in the thing that has happend in the past, reflecting on the past is a very good way to mature, 

also "a man can dream, cant he?" is deeply routed to that sentence xD

• Friendly 1

17 minutes ago, XII360 said:

i-i doubt im that famous, atleast i think im not?, im just your daily-outa-the-mill-lame-artist xD, but thanks, i think? (i-im really akward to compliments >_<) 

and its cool, i have nothing to do, i already finished the gacha event's i needed to finish (harsh two days of nolifing >_<) and now all i have to do is draw the next comic-san

you raise a good point of logic though, there's nothing to be done, it is the authors "canon" ending, some people will feel dissatisfied, and thus rant about it online, some will feel "that coulda gone better", some will have liked that ending, and some (read; me) will hate the main protagonist for not using his powers! damn you otosaka, you seriously f*cked that up >_> (funnily enough, it doesn't even bother me, but i still find it to be a dum-dum move he did ._.)

remembering charlotte ending, somehow made me remember about the propaganda on franxx and darling (i didn't watch it, i only saw a video from gigguk), where the internet went on-storm after a certain side character kissed a certain main character 

mhm, im somewhat the same, only, aside from that, i kind of try to imagine pain? idk its kinda wierd, like, you see how characters get injured in anime fights, i sometimes try to imagine

"i wonder how much it would hurt if i slammed my head on a wall, or how much pain would i get if i punch a tree? i bet i can break a tree if i punch it" - my words before i punch a tree and feel utter pain for doing such things

there is also nothing wrong with thinking of an alternative ending in the thing that has happend in the past, reflecting on the past is a very good way to mature, 

Ah...gamin' I see..lot of hip and back pain I imagine..I like games too..just not the online ones..I like offline story driven games...God of war..uncharted..he Campaigns in Call of Duty....anway..before I bore you anymore with my personal details...How do you become a moderator here?..also what responsibilities does that title bring with it?

Just now, Shiv said:

Ah...gamin' I see..lot of hip and back pain I imagine..I like games too..just not the online ones..I like offline story driven games...God of war..uncharted..he Campaigns in Call of Duty....anway..before I bore you anymore with my personal details...How do you become a moderator here?..also what responsibilities does that title bring with it?

Also...should I've messaged that instead of posting it on this thread?..because it counts as a casual post?..

28 minutes ago, XII360 said:

Also..do you draw comics for a living? (Forgive me if I'm prying)..

4 minutes ago, Shiv said:

Ah...gamin' I see..lot of hip and back pain I imagine..I like games too..just not the online ones..I like offline story driven games...God of war..uncharted..he Campaigns in Call of Duty....

i mean, the game's i currently play are mostly gacha games -- mobile games

the hip and back pain i get would be from sitting on this chair from drawing all day >.>.... gaming and anime, may or may not play a big role on it too. sitting posture MAY REALLY play a really really big role to this 

and coming from the recent game i played....

xzc.thumb.png.0ecc86552aaa0bf3e1e641ed6d1ab229.png

true story >.>

10 minutes ago, Shiv said:

Also...should I've messaged that instead of posting it on this thread?..because it counts as a casual post?..

to answer those question, please refer to your inbox, 

this has been x-kyun, your daily yandere bot, signing off!

(but yea, dont worry about it, its still, somewhat in thread, we were talking about anime-games after all! 

ill just pm the answer to the other questions xD)

The feelings anime inspires for me are actually pretty diverse, not surprising since I’ve been watching in some form or another for about 40 years now. 
Specific  series like Star Blazers, Robotech & Cowboy Bebop will always have a sense of nostalgia for me as a connection to a time when my life was much simpler & happier. But even with newer series, there’s a sense of stability as it’s a medium that first caught my attention when I was a preteen & still fascinates & entertains me in middle-age. Rather than outgrowing it, the types of series I watch have actually become more varied & my appreciation deeper as I better understand just how deep the subject matters can be. Fruits Basket 2019 in particular always leaves all sorts of feelings & thoughts rattling around inside me. But as much as I consider heavier series like Vinland Saga & Fate Zero to be masterpieces, I find I need to balance it out with Iyashikei, SoL & even some CGDCT series (Azumsnga Daioh, Flying Witch, K-ON!, Yuru Camp, Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater) to keep from getting too moody. As well as some pure escapism usually in the form of shonen.

Projecting myself into the story isn’t really something I relate too, but I do experience moments of self recognition in response to some personality traits & situations characters find themselves in. Examples that come to mind are My Roommate is a Cat & the recent episode of RE:Zero that offered a glimpse of Subaru’s life before he was isekaied. 

As to a feeling of emptiness when a series ends, not really as long as it offers at least a minimal degree if closure & resolution, even if the sense is that life goes on for the characters. Personally it’s more of a problem for me when the series insists on going on even after it’s become repetitive. And there’s always new (or older) series to discover with their own appeal.

Edited by Ohiotaku

8 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

The feelings anime inspires for me are actually pretty diverse, not surprising since I’ve been watching in some form or another for about 40 years now. 
Specific  series like Star Blazers, Robotech & Cowboy Bebop will always have a sense of nostalgia for me as a connection to a time when my life was much simpler & happier. But even with newer series, there’s a sense of stability as it’s a medium that first caught my attention when I was a preteen & still fascinates & entertains me in middle-age. Rather than outgrowing it, the types of series I watch have actually become more varied & my appreciation deeper as I better understand just how deep the subject matters can be. Fruits Basket 2019 in particular always leaves all sorts of feelings & thoughts rattling around inside me. But as much as I consider heavier series like Vinland Saga & Fate Zero to be masterpieces, I find I need to balance it out with Iyashikei, SoL & even some CGDCT series (Azumsnga Daioh, Flying Witch, K-ON!, Yuru Camp, Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater) to keep from getting too moody. As well as some pure escapism usually in the form of shonen.

Projecting myself into the story isn’t really something I relate too, but I do experience moments of self recognition in response to some personality traits & situations characters find themselves in. Examples that come to mind are My Roommate is a Cat & the recent episode of RE:Zero that offered a glimpse of Subaru’s life before he was isekaied. 

I offer my respects to a veteran weeb such as yourself Ohiotaku-san...I can't imagine the years of anime  watchtime and life experiences that've given you this perspective on anime and on life..and the correlation b/w the two...I'm really glad and kinda relived to hear that people don't outgrow anime even in their middle age..rather their appreciation deepens..i'm still relatively new to anime..only been six months since I started but I can't imagine my life without it now.... unfortunately I haven't watched any of the animes you mentioned except re:zero and I haven't reached that episode yet(or maybe you're talking about the witch's test..where he says goodbye to his parents..is that it?)...I've developed a strong liking for emotional romanctic and dramatic animes tho..Your Lie in April,Clannad and Oregairu have been some of my favourites so far...although I do also like shounen...I loved FMAB,fate ubw and bungou stray dogs..I believe the reason I indulge in imagination because it's part of my experience of watching an anime..and being a kid..I haven't had many life experiences..so the only way for me to gain some form of empathy for the character is to put myself in his/her shoes..and also because I like imagining myself impressing 2d girls..(forgive me I'm still 18)..anime is larger than life for me as I'm sure it is for most people...I don't wanna look like I'm whining but..my life's been pretty bland even by conventional standards..and to be frank..imagining myself in those situations makes me feel cool..but I believe i'll grow out of this indulgenc(hopefully)... actually..do people stop trying to be cool after a certain age?..even someone like you who's got a deep appreciation for anime...have you stopped giving Fs about being cool..or did you never give any in the first place?

2 hours ago, wikkidgrace said:

Hmm. I can't say I feel empty, necessarily? Whenever I finish a good anime-- or, more broadly, a good series of any medium, books especially-- I do feel a bit sad that there isn't any more to consume. It does provide content to reflect on and digest, however. And there's always another series to begin and fill the 'void' left by the last. You know it's good when you're left longing for more.

I see..well..I'm one of the hysterical people I guess..but yeah..it does feel good to reflect on it..I often tend to become broody after finishing a good anime or show... although the void in me isn't filled that easy..I've got a problem letting go..and yeah..it is good when you're left longing for me..

6 hours ago, Shiv said:

I see..well..I'm one of those hysterical people I guess..but yeah..it does feel good to reflect on it..I often tend to become broody after finishing a good anime or show... although the void in me isn't filled that easy..I've got a problem letting go..and yeah..it is good when you're left longing for more..

Personally I find that watching anime is a way in which I can deal with normal life. Sometimes being able to just sink yourself into a series is the only way to cope. I also find this with light novels as well. However, if I find a really solid series and it ends... I just cant bring myself to start something else almost as if my brain has to deal with the loss of characters in my life. In some respects I think people mourn the loss of well written characters regardless of medium

• Like 1

Don't get me started. :) After watching a really good episode or turn my head away form the screen I feel this sudden snap back in reality. It takes me a good couple of seconds to remember what I was doing, where I am at and if their is anything else I need to do during the day. I even had times where my phone was ringing and I was completely zoned into the anime. After, ill self reflect and ask my self how good the anime is so far. I swear some anime are just so damn good, you wish you lived in that realm.

41 minutes ago, Mikeyboy636 said:

Personally I find that watching anime is a way in which I can deal with normal life. Sometimes being able to just sink yourself into a series is the only way to cope. I also find this with light novels as well. However, if I find a really solid series and it ends... I just cant bring myself to start something else almost as if my brain has to deal with the loss of characters in my life. In some respects I think people mourn the loss of well written characters regardless of medium

I do agree! When watching A really good anime or reading A good novel and A character dies that you really like, it's extremely difficult to recover from. Same goes when a phenomenal anime series comes to an end. Even after a few days or months, sometimes years, you will still think back upon it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mikeyboy636 said:

So glad to know I'm not the only who's overly invested in anime..😅..feeling that way is a kinda of a bliss and curse...it's a feeling of sadness that you get addicted to..

1 hour ago, Cyclosporum said:

Don't get me started. :) After watching a really good episode or turn my head away form the screen I feel this sudden snap back in reality. It takes me a good couple of seconds to remember what I was doing, where I am at and if their is anything else I need to do during the day. I even had times where my phone was ringing and I was completely zoned into the anime. After, ill self reflect and ask my self how good the anime is so far. I swear some anime are just so damn good, you wish you lived in that realm.

I do agree! When watching A really good anime or reading A good novel and A character dies that you really like, it's extremely difficult to recover from. Same goes when a phenomenal anime series comes to an end. Even after a few days or months, sometimes years, you will still think back upon it.

*Cries thinking about Oregairu and your lie in april*...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Shiv said:

So glad to know I'm not the only who's overly invested in anime..😅..feeling that way is a kinda of a bliss and curse...it's a feeling of sadness that you get addicted to..

Right now I am overly invested in light novels more than Anime, and it is getting kinda hard to keep up with all the different story lines at once. I feel like a god of Anime Universes and they are all under my dominion.......or something?

7 hours ago, Cyclosporum said:

Hmm living in that relm is a good point there are certainly some places I would prefer at the moment, I think that is why reincarnation appeals to me so much!!

5 minutes ago, Mikeyboy636 said:

Right now I am overly invested in light novels more than Anime, and it is getting kinda hard to keep up with all the different story lines at once. I feel like a god of Anime Universes and they are all under my dominion.......or something?

Hmm living in that relm is a good point there are certainly some places I would prefer at the moment, I think that is why reincarnation appeals to me so much!!

I do intend to start reading light novels..I just gotta find time somehow..im still relatively new to anime..I just started watching it this March..but it has taken over my life unlike anything else..I mean..I have been into hollywood since 7th grade but it hasn't affected my life as much as anime..and yes!..ofcourse I'd like to get issekaid..even the biggest of losers have a chance at a good life in anime..perfect for me!..😅

I just..okay I'll come clean..

I wanna be cool enough in life to make an anime girl fall for me..(hazukashi)...I mean..I have set standards that I think will be enough to impress an anime girl..and I wanna reach those standards...ofcourse there's no real anime girls to impress..so it'd more of a self satisfaction than anything..and they're all good things that I wanna do..I wanna learn how to play the piano..I wanna get in shape..and I just wanna get a job comfortable enough to allow me to watch anime a substantial amount of time in a day..so hey!..anime kinda makes me wanna be better in life..

5 minutes ago, Shiv said:

I do intend to start reading light novels..I just gotta find time somehow..im still relatively new to anime..I just started watching it this March..but it has taken over my life unlike anything else..I mean..I have been into hollywood since 7th grade but it hasn't affected my life as much as anime..and yes!..ofcourse I'd like to get issekaid..even the biggest of losers have a chance at a good life in anime..perfect for me!..😅

I just..okay I'll come clean..

I wanna be cool enough in life to make an anime girl fall for me..(hazukashi)...I mean..I have set standards that I think will be enough to impress an anime girl..and I wanna reach those standards...ofcourse there's no real anime girls to impress..so it'd more of a self satisfaction than anything..and they're all good things that I wanna do..I wanna learn how to play the piano..I wanna get in shape..and I just wanna get a job comfortable enough to allow me to watch anime a substantial amount of time in a day..so hey!..anime kinda makes me wanna be better in life..

Anime is the gift that keeps on giving!

And it is great to have goals, so keep true to them and you will get there.

Anime is the main tv in our house so it is easy however, light novels are a new ish for me, and I am going through all the anime I really enjoyed and reading the source material. Though I am not reading the web novels as it is easier to use my kindle.

1 minute ago, Mikeyboy636 said:

Anime is the gift that keeps on giving!

Amen brother..

1 minute ago, Mikeyboy636 said:

And it is great to have goals, so keep true to them and you will get there.

I appreciate that man..

2 minutes ago, Mikeyboy636 said:

Anime is the main tv in our house so it is easy however, light novels are a new ish for me, and I am going through all the anime I really enjoyed and reading the source material. Though I am not reading the web novels as it is easier to use my kindle.

"Anime is the main tv"...damn...you lucky as hell boi!..where I live..anime isn't prevalent at all..infact..it's barely in existence here..I gotta pirate everything..(hail gogoanime and crunchyroll mod!)...although that has started to change with the advent of gen z..(that includes myself)..

On 9/13/2020 at 1:39 AM, Shiv said:

same, I also am left with a big void after an anime ends. there are many anime, but in comparison only a few are top tier

• Like 1

I've been having a difficult time finding anime lately that I'm absolutely obsessed with and it making me feel a certain way. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love anime but rare for me to find one that effects me so. 

I just recently found one, one that after watching I was actually excited about and it dragged me in. Devil's Line feels like an anime that has been missing from my life. After watching it I felt extremely saddened and that I was just thrown out from their world. Now I have a big void in my heart. Could be why I have been fighting my depression even more so recently. I actually just started reading the manga now after hearing there was more to the story. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EnviousEnvy said:

I've been having a difficult time finding anime lately that I'm absolutely obsessed with and it making me feel a certain way. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love anime but rare for me to find one that effects me so. 

I just recently found one, one that after watching I was actually excited about and it dragged me in. Devil's Line feels like an anime that has been missing from my life. After watching it I felt extremely saddened and that I was just thrown out from their world. Now I have a big void in my heart. Could be why I have been fighting my depression even more so recently. I actually just started reading the manga now after hearing there was more to the story. 

Hm..yeah the feeling can be quite overpowering..best way to deal with it imo..is to savour that depression...I mean..if you look at it a certain way..you could get addicted to that kinda sadness..which might not be in anybody's best interest but..yeah..better than fighting it I guess..😅

• 1 year later...

HOW DOES ANIME MAKE ONE FEEL?
That's a good question

I generally have three categories 

Epic/Hyped - This is generally for those explosive Mecha, Shonen or action shows. Where your just pumped at how explosive the finally was and all the action.

See the source image

Shows like Gundam and such fall into this category.

Emotional - This is pretty much for the slice or life and drama shows, the guy gets the girl or the girl gets the guy.

See the source image

Shows like Toradora! and Golden Time are good examples of that. 

Smart - The shows that are deep and intellectual. This is general not as defiend by genre or type as the other two. 

See the source image

Shows like Steins Gate, Wolfs Rain, Psycho-Pass and Monster fall into this category.

Pretty often you get shows that combined these feelings like Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood that combined the felling of watching a smart shows with the sort of hype/epicness of a Shonen or in the class with Star Blazers 2199 emotional and hyped with the Yamato's safe return to Earth mixed in with the death of Captain Okita and the resurrection of Yoki.  

Naturally it should go without saying that you should want to feel satisficed from the show that you have just watched, that what marks a show as something that you have enjoyed or many continue watching in the event of a sequel season.

Edited by MarathonGuy1337