Have you learned to speak japanese language

codetitan

Hi, 

I have learn from watching anime without it being dubbed to learn a few words of the japanese language it is really fun to practice here and there, for example mirusubete Atode means see all later :)

comment below what you have already picked up from anime epsiodes that you have watch wihtout being dubbed. 

:D

54 minutes ago, codetitan said:

Hi, 

I have learn from watching anime without it being dubbed to learn a few words of the japanese language it is really fun to practice here and there, for example mirusubete Atode means see all later :)

comment below what you have already picked up from anime epsiodes that you have watch wihtout being dubbed. 

:D

NIGERUNDAYO

im sorry, i had to do it

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm not too good at picking up a language just from listening to audio, apart from the most basic and frequently occurring words (nani, kawaii, hai, baka, etc.). Perhaps if I was further along in my learning it might be different. I've learned both hiragana and katakana, but now I'm mainly using Wani-Kani to learn kanji, in conjunction with the Genki textbook to learn basic grammar points. Due to work and other responsibilities (plus other interests as well), I'm not able to devote as much time to it as I'd like, but I try to make a little leeway when I'm able.

I'm no good at picking up languages, but I've picked up a few random words and phrases from watching subbed anime, none of which would enable me to have any sort of sensible conversation with a Japanese person!  Although sometimes when watching anime I read the subtitles and think "that's not quite what the character said", most of the time the translation isn't wrong it's just the American term for the subject rather than the Japanese term.  I guess I notice these more because I'm in England and we have different words for things.

It's often said that America and Britain are two nations divided by a common language!   When I was at work a guy asked me where the bathroom was, I nearly directed him to the shower room then I realised he had an American accent and he actually wanted the toilets.

2 hours ago, Animedragon said:

It's often said that America and Britain are two nations divided by a common language!   When I was at work a guy asked me where the bathroom was, I nearly directed him to the shower room then I realised he had an American accent and he actually wanted the toilets.

That reminds me of when Robin Williams went on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson one night, and he was saying that he was going to London for a time to promote Happy Feet 2. A member of the audience let out this excited "Woooow!" when he said he was going to England, and Robin started to poke a little fun at it and said, "Once you get over the language barrier, it's okay!" 🤣

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I chose to study Japanese as a major as a chance to learn it fully. I have zero talent with languages though. Pronunciation comes naturally to me, but everything else is a struggle. Any grammar and vocabulary I have to learn takes months to fully memorize. Don't even get me started on kanji. I always mix the readings up unless it's paired with another symbol to form a specific word. At the rate I'm going I won't be fluent for at least another decade. I've mostly accepted that at this point.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Neb said:

Don't even get me started on kanji. I always mix the readings up unless it's paired with another symbol to form a specific word. At the rate I'm going I won't be fluent for at least another decade. I've mostly accepted that at this point.

Lol, glad it's not just me. Yeah, the readings have always been a source of confusion for me too. I can never remember whether I should use on-yomi or kun-yomi, or more importantly, why I should use either or. 😭

Yesterday, I signed back in to Wani-Kani for the first time in a couple of months to see where I was.... I have to review over 500 kanji/vocab/radicals. Send help! 😱

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...