Where's THK?

The History Kid

Greetings and salutations AF.

I am posting this here, because I am not sure it would be appropriate to post out in the open (I will leave that for others to decide).

The last few months have been exceptionally busy.  When you consider everything that 2020 has provided many of us, that's not a hard feat to believe.  May saw an extended need for being out of the office, a rise in civil unrest, and other things that threw monkey wrenches into my planning left and right.  June exacerbated that, and by July things had formally evolved into something entirely different.  We got slammed with two natural disasters this year, and are still recovering from the first.  It's been a rollercoaster ride for sure.

With that being said, I've had research requests piling up on my own site, projects that need to be done, and have also taken up Twitch streaming.  In the midst of that, I also started a second set of classes, added a jet pilot training course to my load, and formally accepted a mod slot in a Discord server for an L.A. based voice actress.  Shortly after I got brought on as an IP Advisor for her, and have since been doing a bunch of things behind the scenes.  Therein lies the problem - this is in addition to what I'm already doing.  The autopilot nature of AF - at least as it has seemed - has thusly been shoved way to the back of my mind.

With that being said, I am stepping back from AF on the web site.  I will continue to  provide support in the Discord server if wanted, but I don't find it much fair to AF to be labeled a mod if I'm not really doing anything mod-like.

Of course, you all can continue to reach out to me over there on Discord, or any of my site-related points of contact - but as for AF proper, I probably won't be around all that much.

Good luck, and god speed!

Michael

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 6:38 AM, The History Kid said:

Greetings and salutations AF.

I am posting this here, because I am not sure it would be appropriate to post out in the open (I will leave that for others to decide).

The last few months have been exceptionally busy.  When you consider everything that 2020 has provided many of us, that's not a hard feat to believe.  May saw an extended need for being out of the office, a rise in civil unrest, and other things that threw monkey wrenches into my planning left and right.  June exacerbated that, and by July things had formally evolved into something entirely different.  We got slammed with two natural disasters this year, and are still recovering from the first.  It's been a rollercoaster ride for sure.

With that being said, I've had research requests piling up on my own site, projects that need to be done, and have also taken up Twitch streaming.  In the midst of that, I also started a second set of classes, added a jet pilot training course to my load, and formally accepted a mod slot in a Discord server for an L.A. based voice actress.  Shortly after I got brought on as an IP Advisor for her, and have since been doing a bunch of things behind the scenes.  Therein lies the problem - this is in addition to what I'm already doing.  The autopilot nature of AF - at least as it has seemed - has thusly been shoved way to the back of my mind.

With that being said, I am stepping back from AF on the web site.  I will continue to  provide support in the Discord server if wanted, but I don't find it much fair to AF to be labeled a mod if I'm not really doing anything mod-like.

Of course, you all can continue to reach out to me over there on Discord, or any of my site-related points of contact - but as for AF proper, I probably won't be around all that much.

Good luck, and god speed!

Michael

personally, id announce it for everyone to know, but i dont mind eitherway, tbh

gonna miss you though, even though i dont frequent the discord of af-forums as much (unless i was mentioned/asked something/wanted to ask something)

tho...we didn't talk as much (though, i feel we mods dont really talk much eitherway?) it still should be said, you did a big part in regulating AF-forums

also, reason i only messaged now is couse, i didn't have the balls to send this >_>... but this has been on my mind

• 11 months later...

How appropriate.  

I come back one year later and I'm still a mod?

I love you guys, but you might wanna check your OPSEC - because this ain't it, hoss.

Wub you AF, even if you are dying a slow death.  I had tried to pull for you all, but after being passed over, I occupied my time elsewhere (as you can see - and then some).  Stay resilient and safe all.

• Like 1

Hijacking this thread (with HK's blessing) to enter my ten cents. 

I've had good times here. Some fun, some frustrating. I've met some genuinely cool people. I can't say it was overall a bad experience despite the many hiccups I've witnessed. But I'm going to be honest and raw here because full disclosure we flipped a coin and the coin said I should be honest.

I don't know where the other mods are. I genuinely don't. One of them, I'm not even certain if they're alive anymore. I've been largely the sole operator for this forum for over a year and some change. But the mod team as a whole has been abandoned for longer due to inner quarrels I feel are not my stories to discuss- i.e. I had nothing to do with them, I just got stuck in the aftermath.

XII was present for a time picking up some of the load here and there and while I appreciate it, he does have a life to attend to and since he got his new job, I really have been alone. I have no resentment toward him, for the record. I understand completely. I also have a career, I also have school, and I'm also a mom. That all said...

I'm tired, AF. This site has been abandoned like a used trucker bomb and at this point I'm just administering life support to a patient who is DNR. I offered a little of my time to help fill gaps in moderation when I was asked. I was instead shoved through and left to it with minimal tools and no upline as Seshi stepped away quietly shortly thereafter. I was treated coldly and to this day I still don't know why or what I did wrong.

In short, it's crap. I didn't sign up for this. I wanted to help keep things going but dad ran to the bottle-o and never came back. He sends cards now and then. All of my requests for assistance and very simple changes have gone in one and out the other. I tried, AF. But if you want honesty here it is, I'm really out of fucks to give.

I understand that if I step away, this forum might just grind to a halt. I'm not trying to sound self-important, I'm just stating the reality of the situation. The anime database requests have been backed up immensely because both of our database admins left ages ago. There are mods who haven't logged in for months or longer but they're still mods.

Screenshot_20210920-224625_Brave.thumb.jpg.69557b6a5d9bacb22bfefd802f07e73c.jpg

Screenshot_20210920-224638_Brave.thumb.jpg.5016df22376e2e6ac3dc14e2078d0ffe.jpg

I reached out to HK for support and he and I both agree this is absurd and it's time to stop chest compressions. This is what happens when you let your site rot. And it stinks. It really does. 

You can reach out to me in a DM if you want my discord tag, as that's my main line of communication these days. I will not share it publically due to a doxing attempt last year that scared the dogshit out of me (and someone decided to be a jerk to me about- you know who you are.)

Cheers, 

Grace

P.S. I also saw the massively transphobic discussion on the staff forum and I just cannot in good conscience be a part of that. The failure all around is quite frankly astounding.