Anime bandwagon?

Yumakia

12 minutes ago, Yumakia said:

How do everyone feel about new anime watchers that used to say anime was trash?

If they used to say anime was trash but now are fans then I guess don't see the problem.  :)

• 3 weeks later...

I get excited. However may get a tad annoyed if all they watch are series like Naruto, Bleach and One Piece. I'm not saying anything is wrong with those anime (I like Naruto and Bleach) but even non anime fans seem to like those. I always try to broaden their horizons with the not so hyped anime, lol.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, EnviousEnvy said:

I get excited. However may get a tad annoyed if all they watch are series like Naruto, Bleach and One Piece. I'm not saying anything is wrong with those anime (I like Naruto and Bleach) but even non anime fans seem to like those. I always try to broaden their horizons with the not so hyped anime, lol.

Pretty much this. I feel like there is enough variety in anime that anyone can find something they enjoy, provided they can get past the “cartoons are for kids” stigma. If a person only likes shonen or the hyped series it’s ok, but I feel like it contributes to the stereotype of “I tried DBZ, Naruto, Bleach, etc. & didn’t like it so anime doesn’t have anything to offer me”. The other side of that is when you get into less mainstream titles you can get into some pretty weird or pervy stuff or doesn’t translate well into other cultures, which leads to a whole other set of stereotypes. Personally I’m pretty diverse in the type of anime I enjoy, but even so I have preferences & things I find offensive.

Edited by Ohayotaku