How is Bleach?

LovingthisAnimething

The first part of it is decent, after a certain arc though it just gets worse.

Depends though on what you like I suppose, if you like battles with increasing powerlevels, similiar to dbz, then bleach as an entirety is decent.

I personally have a problem with it, in that after a certain arc, it kinda feels like nothing really happens in terms of progression of the relationships etc... and also, even though they get much stronger and stronger as the show goes on, the show kinda has to patch it's own holes as it goes, similiar to dbz wherein they're so powerful they can just destroy the entire planet easily but just never do; or have to invent rules to explain why they can't just make someone explode or slice them in half anymore. 

You've got a fairy tale avatar, so I guess you like the show? You'll probably like bleach then.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Your enjoyment will largely depend on how big of a shounen junkie you are. Me personally, I don’t think I made it past a dozen eps. I tend to burn out on shounen series after awhile. Even ones I enjoy have a hard time keeping my interest in the long run. Hard to say it’s “bad”when it enjoyed the popukarity it did, but what I saw seemed overhyped, same thing with Naruto.

4 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Your enjoyment will largely depend on how big of a shounen junkie you are. Me personally, I don’t think I made it past a dozen eps. I tend to burn out on shounen series after awhile. Even ones I enjoy have a hard time keeping my interest in the long run. Hard to say it’s “bad”when it enjoyed the popukarity it did, but what I saw seemed overhyped, same thing with Naruto.

I kind of have the same issue with all long anime.  If the story hasn't made its point in a season or two I tend to lose interest.  More than that and it gets repetitive and boring.  I can't imagine taking on an anime like Bleach or Naruto with hundreds of episodes.  I've tried a few such over the years and it just never works for me.  Clearly they're popular (and if nothing else making someone a lot of money) but in terms of entertainment value for the time investment required ... not worth it to me.  imho, ymmv, etc., etc.

46 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

I can't imagine taking on an anime like Bleach or Naruto with hundreds of episodes.  I've tried a few such over the years and it just never works for me. 

The only one of the “Big 3” I enjoyed was One Piece, and I still burned out after about 150 episodes. Part of me would like to get back into it, but considering it is currently 900+ episodes, it’s more than a little intimidating. I burned out on HxH after Greed Island, but a decent chance I’ll try to finish the anime someday. 

I enjoyed the first 2 seasons of My Hero Academia season immensely, but had mixed feelings about season 3. Honestly have a hard time coming up with positive things to say about season 4. I did enjoy Heroes Rising though, so will give season 5 a shot when it comes out.

Probably the longest shounen I enjoyed start to finish was Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (64 episodes).

I don't personally drink Bleach but whatever floats your boat... or sinks your ship (jk jk).

On a more serious note, I like Bleach but I also have a hard time watching long series of anime. I'm not sure if it's because of my ADHD or what but my attention span is little to none; so I always find something that "needs" my attention more, lol. My fiance on the other hand can binge watch long series for hours. He'll watch it from the time he wakes up to the time he goes to bed on days he's off from work. Sometimes he'll even watch it during break at work, lol. 

I tried numerous series like Naruto and One Piece but just couldn't do it. Same with Fairy Tail (the series is good so far but again it's long for me).

There are a few exceptions to this rule like Attack on Titan, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, DBZ. Other than that it will take me a long ass time to watch longer series if I'm really into it.

Also wasn't Bleach canceled awhile back? That's the rumors I heard anyway. So if it's true I'm almost afraid to even continue with the series.

Keep watching it then, because outside of a few nothing episodes, I honestly think it's the best of the big three by miles. It doesn't drag on with it's main plot nearly as much as One Piece does, and despite people complaining about fillers, the amount of fillers in Naruto is literally twice the amount of episodes of Bleach in total, plus 1. It's always been so weird to me that people complain about both shows having fillers, but Bleach's which were generally more interesting and well written, somehow got the show canned, but Naruto's were basically DBZ all over again. Go on a mission with some of the Naruto cast that wasn't on the last one, get to know more about them, Rasengan, next repetitive filler arc. Bleach's arcs for the most part told interesting stories, and were about how Ichigo could overcome stronger opponents when his Bankai wasn't enough by either relying on a power he had that I won't go into because I don't want to spoil anything, that made him interesting, or by outsmarting them, getting in that one good hit that turned the tide of the battle. Bleach is fantastic.   

• Like 1

Yes, I totally agree. Talking about fillers in Bleach and then comparing it to Naruto isn't really even a conversation, lol. But yes I agree this show is very encouraging when, like you said, Ichigo uses power he didn't know he had from inside himself to defeat more powerful opponents (i'm a little farther in now) just to save other lives of people he doesn't know or defend his own.  His love for wanting others to change and be the best of themselves, and protecting his ''society'' from the evil hollows is incredible! On top of that even when he knows the Hollows are now evil and can't turn back into their regular state of their soul but because he knows they were once a person he still shows a bit of compassion while slaying them, lol. Great recommendation and as i'm getting farther into the show i'm liking it more and more. The power and sheer willpower he has is beautiful. Also, peep the pfp.....

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LovingthisAnimething said:

Yes, I totally agree. Talking about fillers in Bleach and then comparing it to Naruto isn't really even a conversation, lol. But yes I agree this show is very encouraging when, like you said, Ichigo uses power he didn't know he had from inside himself to defeat more powerful opponents (i'm a little farther in now) just to save other lives of people he doesn't know or defend his own.  His love for wanting others to change and be the best of themselves, and protecting his ''society'' from the evil hollows is incredible! On top of that even when he knows the Hollows are now evil and can't turn back into their regular state of their soul but because he knows they were once a person he still shows a bit of compassion while slaying them, lol. Great recommendation and as i'm getting farther into the show i'm liking it more and more. The power and sheer willpower he has is beautiful. Also, peep the pfp.....

I didn't mean to make it seem like I was saying there was a conversation of the two series regarding their fillers, so much as it was that Bleach literally got canned because of them, but for Naruto, all we really get is "just skip the fillers" like it's not a big thing. Even if they weren't compared directly, to me, it always felt like a double standard. Bleach has interesting fillers that tell interesting stories, Naruto repeats the same arc for literal years in a row, one gets canceled, one is still going without any real interruption.

• Like 1