Who is the best mentor/father-figure in anime?

Cauldron

Well I mean, who is it? Just curious what you people think, and why...

Spoiler: It's Koro-sensei

(Also I have literally have no idea why I'm asking this)

Edited by Cauldron

Kazuma  Sohma (aka Shisho) from Fruits Basket spacer.png for taking in & encouraging Kyo when all the other family members (including Kyo’s actual father) saw him as only as a curse. And continuing to wish for his happiness.

Toshinori Yagi (aka All Might) from My Hero Academia spacer.pngwhile a role model for society in general, can’t help but sense a more personal father figure role between him & Midoriya. Also have to give props to Shoto Aizawa (Eraserhead). While he may feign indifference, he places the safety of his students above his own & is proud of their achievements spacer.png

Finally, Akitaru Obi from Fire Force spacer.png

has a strong sense of duty & loyalty and a level head to keep his group of misfits in line. And despite being one of the few members without any super powers, doesn’t hesitate to put himself on the frontline as the team’s shield or “tank” when necessary.

Edited by Ohayotaku

21 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Kazuma  Sohma (aka Shisho) from Fruits Basket spacer.png for taking in & encouraging Kyo when all the other family members (including Kyo’s actual father) saw him as only as a curse. And continuing to wish for his happiness.

Toshinori Yagi (aka All Might) from My Hero Academia spacer.pngwhile a role model for society in general, can’t help but sense a more personal father figure role between him & Midoriya. Also have to give props to Shoto Aizawa (Eraserhead). While he may feign indifference, he places the safety of his students above his own & is proud of their achievements spacer.png

Finally, Akitaru Obi from Fire Force spacer.png

has a strong sense of duty & loyalty and a level head to keep his group of misfits in line. And despite being one of the few members without any super powers, doesn’t hesitate to put himself on the frontline as the team’s shield or “tank” when necessary.

As someone who hasn't seen fire force or fruits basket I can't really comment on those but I do agree about All-might beeing a good mentor too Midoriya.

And btw I've been thinking about watching fruits basket for awhile now, is it worth a watch?

Edited by Cauldron

21 minutes ago, Cauldron said:

And btw I've been thinking about watching fruits basket, is it worth a watch?

Depends on what you’re looking for (it’s not shonen or action oriented). I can honestly say in 40 years of watching anime I have never before been this emotionally invested in a cast of characters. The majority of them are still in their teens, but are carrying a lot of emotional & psychological baggage. Just to be clear, as heavy as it gets, the overall sense it gives me is one of hope and I am convinced when it’s all over there will be happy endings. And even along the way there are some pretty funny moments too. Oh, and I’m talking about the remake (2019) which just wrapped up season 2 & will conclude sometime in 2021.  I watched the original series way back when but it was an incomplete adaption & didn’t make much of an impression on me. 

Edited by Ohayotaku

3 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

Depends on what you’re looking for (it’s not shonen or action oriented). I can honestly say in 40 years of watching anime I have never before been this emotionally invested in a cast of characters.

I'm not exactly a sucker for shonen anyways, but I do like rom-coms especially when it's funny and when the character's are a large contribution to the show.

So I think I better give this a watch when I'm done with a couple of currents.

• Like 2