How is DeathNote?

LovingthisAnimething

Along with Paranoia Agent & Monster, I consider Death Note to be one of the all time great psychological anime. And of the three I think it has the best dramatic imagery. My biggest complaint is that I don’t consider any of the human characters all that likeable, so not really anyone I was rooting for. Most of the negatives I’ve seen about it is that the manga is better, but I can’t comment on that since I haven’t read it.

• Like 1

Bit of a segue, but anyone who enjoyed Death Note should consider watching Moriarty the Patriot as the first encounter between Moriarty & Holmes gave me a Light & L vibe (no surprise really)

• Like 1

I'm literally obsessed with this anime, omg. I actually ended up buying the Black Edition of the manga as well (pretty much a special edition of the manga). 

If you like super natural, suspense and crime genre you'll definitely like this series. It does have its moments of comedy, lmao.

"I'LL TAKE A CHIP AND EAT IT!" (if you know, you know, lolol) 

• Friendly 1

Biased opinion... But it's the greatest anime of all time, in my opinion.

Maybe not that much, but it's one of the greatest, that's for sure. The psychological element just works so well, the clash between L and Light...

It kind of drops off when Near takes over, though...

I remember I really liked it back when I was an edgy teenager lol. Since it was (and still is) pretty well liked in mainstream anime circles, it was a pretty good choice for someone who was just getting into the scene, like myself. Its one of the staple shows of the late 2000's, so even if the genre's not your cup of tea, I'd still recommend it as a part of "the culture".

On 11/13/2020 at 12:13 PM, Ohayotaku said:

My biggest complaint is that I don’t consider any of the human characters all that likeable

I agree with Ohayotaku here. When I re-watched it recently, the characters felt a little flat to me. But if you're in it for the psychological chess-mind games, it certainly provides that. Kinda in line with Code Geass, but idk if other people feel that way too?

• Agree 1