I guess..my favourites change everytime I watch a new anime..but I guess the ones which come to mind right now are Oregairu and your lie in April...I have more but I guess that'd be too much to discuss at once...😅...as to why I like em...I guess because of the emotional and romantic aspect of it...I've always liked romance in movies but...anime romance is somethin' else..I personally don't have any plans to engage romantically with anyone at any point of time in my life..but..anime romance just...energizes me to be better..if that makes any sense......and then there's tragedy...and heartbreak..the death of your favorite characters..romance combined with tragedy always hits the spot..but the emotinal trauma isn't that good for your health I can tell you that..hehe..(vietnam flashbacks)...yeah I guess that's it..

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1
13 hours ago, Shiv said:

I guess..my favourites change everytime I watch a new anime..but I guess the ones which come to mind right now are Oregairu and your lie in April...I have more but I guess that'd be too much to discuss at once...😅...as to why I like em...I guess because of the emotional and romantic aspect of it...I've always liked romance in movies but...anime romance is somethin' else..I personally don't have any plans to engage romantically with anyone at any point of time in my life..but..anime romance just...energizes me to be better..if that makes any sense......and then there's tragedy...and heartbreak..the death of your favorite characters..romance combined with tragedy always hits the spot..but the emotinal trauma isn't that good for your health I can tell you that..hehe..(vietnam flashbacks)...yeah I guess that's it..

Yeah that was the same for me. I went from liking basic anime like My Hero Academia, and Naruto to totally evolving in my tastes of anime. We in some way can't really absolutely know our favorites as we continue to watch new content, lol!

3 hours ago, LovingthisAnimething said:

Yeah that was the same for me. I went from liking basic anime like My Hero Academia, and Naruto to totally evolving in my tastes of anime. We in some way can't really absolutely know our favorites as we continue to watch new content, lol!

True..

All time favorite: Cowboy Bebop

Currently airing favorite: Jujutsu Kaisen

Favorite genres: supernatural; fantasy; seinen

19 minutes ago, LovingthisAnimething said:

I've never heard of Cowboy Bepop? Is it older? How is it?

Someone calling it overhyped, I can agree to disagree. But never heard if it?

image.gif.a3a57f6698ba7dfb745c9cf82335b4e1.gif

https://myanimelist.net/anime/1/Cowboy_Bebop?q=Cow&cat=anime

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowboy_Bebop

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
On 11/17/2020 at 8:19 AM, Ohayotaku said:

Someone calling it overhyped, I can agree to disagree. But never heard if it?

image.gif.a3a57f6698ba7dfb745c9cf82335b4e1.gif

https://myanimelist.net/anime/1/Cowboy_Bebop?q=Cow&cat=anime

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowboy_Bebop

I haven't seen it..but sure have heard of it..I have also heard that the protagonist is one of the most likeable characters in the anime world...

4 hours ago, Shiv said:

I have also heard that the protagonist is one of the most likeable characters in the anime world...

While a growing emotional attachment to the characters is a big part of my love for the series, I’m not sure I’m in total agreement on that point. The “crew” of the Bebop are all outcasts living on the fringes of society. While the series tone starts tongue-in-cheek (humorous), as it progresses the viewer gets glimpses into the lives they’ve left behind(voluntarily in some respects, but in others not). Without being too spoilery, a theme that stood out to me was that you can’t live clinging to the past, but it’s not really possible to fully escape it either. 
It may come  as something of a surprise but the most emotional moment for me

wasn’t Spike’s death at the end, but Faye lying down in the rubble where her old house used to stand. Followed by her pleading with Spike to stay with her instead of confronting Vicious, going so far as to threaten him with a gun. IMO she was the truly tragic character in the series.

Edited by Ohayotaku
7 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

While a growing emotional attachment to the characters is a big part of my love for the series, I’m not sure I’m in total agreement on that point. The “crew” of the Bebop are all outcasts living on the fringes of society. While the series tone starts tongue-in-cheek (humorous), as it progresses the viewer gets glimpses into the lives they’ve left behind(voluntarily in some respects, but in others not). Without being too spoilery, a theme that stood out to me was that you can’t live clinging to the past, but it’s not really possible to fully escape it either. 
It may come  as something of a surprise but the most emotional moment for me

Reveal hidden contents

wasn’t Spike’s death at the end, but Faye lying down in the rubble where her old house used to stand. Followed by her pleading with Spike to stay with her instead of confronting Vicious, going so far as to threaten him with a gun. IMO she was the truly tragic character in the series.

I see...well you just sold me on the anime dude..😄...it's going on ma watch list..(and don't worry, I actively try to watch animes on my watch list)..

• Like 1