Jump to content

Series X/PS5 TV decision


Recommended Posts

I know this is not anime related BUT it is sorta gaming related. 

Everyone seems to recommend the LG CX tv's for the new consoles that have been released because of HDMI 2.1 etc. BUT when I google the LG CX there are a lot of complaints about Burn In issues etc. 

IS burn in really common? I game maybe 2/3 hours a night during the week and maybe longer at weekends or not at all, depends how busy I am. I dont want to buy a £1200 tv and then it get buggered up because of burn in.

Also I dont have the new consoles yet, I shall be getting them next year, but if I am waiting that long for the consoles should I just wait for the 2021 Tv's or is it not worth it etc. 

 

Any help advice or thoughts greatly appreciated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mikeyboy636 said:

I know this is not anime related BUT it is sorta gaming related. 

Everyone seems to recommend the LG CX tv's for the new consoles that have been released because of HDMI 2.1 etc. BUT when I google the LG CX there are a lot of complaints about Burn In issues etc. 

IS burn in really common? I game maybe 2/3 hours a night during the week and maybe longer at weekends or not at all, depends how busy I am. I dont want to buy a £1200 tv and then it get buggered up because of burn in.

Also I dont have the new consoles yet, I shall be getting them next year, but if I am waiting that long for the consoles should I just wait for the 2021 Tv's or is it not worth it etc. 

 

Any help advice or thoughts greatly appreciated. 

do people set their TV's to like, maximum brightness or something?

im pretty sure that burn-in is a result of, when the brightness is left to like, very high at prolong durations, and thus the LED or something gets stacked? or dies out? or something along those lines? (dont quote me on this, im not an expert)

dunno, im not really an expert in these topics, i only know as much as the next anime guy 

 

i also dont really have the new consoles aswell, i probably dont plan on getting it either, what with sony censorship being very high, my will to keep in touch when them has died

and so ill stick to its legacy -- which is the PS3, not planning on getting anything more, until i see them change their censorship standards >.>

is what i say, but really i just dont have money >.>

though, wouldn't just picking any type of monitor be fine ?, aslong as it can be used/has HDMI, the type of monitor shouldn't really matter would it?

unless were talking about the whole "1080p/4k" graphics, i never really cared much for those stuff

...i mean to quote dunkey's latest video (maybe spoiler of dunkeys video, so like, proceed at risk?)

image.thumb.png.c45c68e34d42fb5374a4fa201b5b68f7.png

"can you actually tell me which of these screenshots is 4k?

..oh you can? 

image.thumb.png.6ddf85bbb8dd3e186af33455de45ed96.png

couse that's just a 1080p screenshot of the witcher 3

you busted boi

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2020 at 3:38 AM, Mikeyboy636 said:

I know this is not anime related BUT it is sorta gaming related. 

Everyone seems to recommend the LG CX tv's for the new consoles that have been released because of HDMI 2.1 etc. BUT when I google the LG CX there are a lot of complaints about Burn In issues etc. 

IS burn in really common? I game maybe 2/3 hours a night during the week and maybe longer at weekends or not at all, depends how busy I am. I dont want to buy a £1200 tv and then it get buggered up because of burn in.

Also I dont have the new consoles yet, I shall be getting them next year, but if I am waiting that long for the consoles should I just wait for the 2021 Tv's or is it not worth it etc. 

 

Any help advice or thoughts greatly appreciated. 

A lot of LGs TVs tend to be hit, or miss in terms of how long they last. I had one LG TV that lasted me 7 years, and one that is now 10 years old still kicking. HDMI 2.1 is definitely what you want for the new consoles if for nothing else for future proofing if this is going to be a investment priced TV. I say investment priced as in over 1k in pricing. If money is not a super huge factor then look into Samsung they tend to be of a slightly higher quality on average. Though in the case off both Samsung, and LG the quality as well as features tend to be more the higher in tier you go. For example Samsung's S series is their premium line with that market in mind. They are pricey though thats their flagship.

Far as any particular model of any TV or anything really the reviews do tell a lot even more if it has been on the market for some time.

I found this list of 2020 TVs that range from many brands, and should provide bit of comparative incite. Be advised there is quite a few though good to know ones options.

In truth a cheaper one like a TCL, or other brand may fit your needs. Far as burn in with a OLED that will always be a thing regardless of brand, or series. You may want to hold out for a mini LED display as microLED is still not really ready for mass market. Though if you expect the TV to only last few years anyway then by tthe time burn in sets you'll be shopping for a new one.

Edited by Geano
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks team, I shall look into Samsung in general as I have had around 3 TV's previously with them. I suppose the lure of LG CX is that it has 3 HDMI ports on it but realistically I will be getting the series X first then the PS5 probs 2022 given stock levels etc haha

But cheers anyway!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2020 at 3:39 PM, Mikeyboy636 said:

Thanks team, I shall look into Samsung in general as I have had around 3 TV's previously with them. I suppose the lure of LG CX is that it has 3 HDMI ports on it but realistically I will be getting the series X first then the PS5 probs 2022 given stock levels etc haha

But cheers anyway!

They're a good manufacture thats for sure.

If your wondering about some more budget brands may consider something like TCL as they are somewhat disrupting the market. They certainly aren't Samsung, but they tend to have good chipsets as well as decent I/O too given the pricing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2020 at 12:43 AM, Geano said:

They're a good manufacture thats for sure.

If your wondering about some more budget brands may consider something like TCL as they are somewhat disrupting the market. They certainly aren't Samsung, but they tend to have good chipsets as well as decent I/O too given the pricing.

I ended up going full tilt and grabbed the Samsung Q95T on a black friday deal........fingers crossed. It shall arrive tomorrow so quite pleased.

Cheers for the info 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mikeyboy636 said:

I ended up going full tilt and grabbed the Samsung Q95T on a black friday deal........fingers crossed. It shall arrive tomorrow so quite pleased.

Cheers for the info 🙂

Hope it works out well for you. :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...