My introduction I guess?

AussieBoy159

Figured I'd introduce myself. I've never been one to engage with communities in general, let alone one such as anime as my opinions aren't typically fond off but I figured if I wanna meet new people and make some friends, I figured I'd give it a shot. My username is AussieBoy but people generally call me Lil'M, an Abbreviation of a nickname Minako Honda was given by Brian May. I'm actually supposed to be in Tokyo right now as I'm writing this but unfortunately COVID cancelled the trip as myself is high risk. I'm from Australia and I guess I've been watching anime on and off since 2015. Attack on Titan was the show I was introduced too, prior to that I always listened to Japanese music thanks to BABYMETAL which then introduced me to Heavy Metal in general. Since then Iv'e watched many shows but recently fell in love with the 1980s/90s artstyle of anime.  I havent watched too much this year, I've been on a bit of a break from anime since start of 2019 when I encountered suicide and was diagnosed with Bipolar.  Since then I'm not longer suicidal after much effort and I'm now working on trying to find a job to achieve my future plans. Anyway if anyone wants to be friends, feel free to msg and I might leave my discord if needed as it might be easier to msg me on there than this forum.  

• Like 1

Hey, welcome to the forums! Things are a bit slow here, but hopefully you'll find what you're looking for.

On 11/26/2020 at 6:55 AM, AussieBoy159 said:

Since then Iv'e watched many shows but recently fell in love with the 1980s/90s artstyle of anime

Nice! That's sort of my area of interest as well. Any series in particular? Akira and early Ghibli are some of my personal art style favorites

On 11/28/2020 at 6:56 AM, kamomesan said:

Hey, welcome to the forums! Things are a bit slow here, but hopefully you'll find what you're looking for.

Nice! That's sort of my area of interest as well. Any series in particular? Akira and early Ghibli are some of my personal art style favorites

I would have to say the original gundam series, Escaflown, Kiki's Delivery Service (ghibli movie) currently watching Bebop atm and am enjoying it. Evangelion of course 

Edited by AussieBoy159

Welcome, friend. Enjoy your stay - Grab a nice drink or two, set your temperature to a nice 50 degrees Fahrenheit, or 10 degrees Celsius.

Sit back, relax, and talk to people here - Blog posts, status updates, you name it. Here, you can be yourself.