Looking for a sensei (or just a recommendation or two)

donathos

Question

I'm 43. I've seen a few anime over my life, but not a whole lot... and I'd like to address that deficiency. I don't have a ton of time to watch -- maybe an episode a night -- so I can't be very indiscriminate. But if someone could direct me, or provide a good starting selection (and if there's a best order to follow)? For context, of the anime I've seen, some of my favorites have been Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist (original), Hikaru no Go and Prince of Tennis; some that I have enjoyed, but not loved include Cowboy Bebop, Ouran High School Host Club and Sword Art Online; and some that have not worked for me (perhaps because I dd not understand them sufficiently) are Serial Experiments Lain and FLCL.

Thank you for your assistance!

5 answers to this question

A couple series I consider absolutely epic are Vinland Saga & Fate Zero (which is a prequel to Fate Stay Night & Unlimited Blade Works). You might also give Dororo (the 2019 version) a try.

On 2/8/2021 at 7:08 PM, Ohayotaku said:

A couple series I consider absolutely epic are Vinland Saga & Fate Zero (which is a prequel to Fate Stay Night & Unlimited Blade Works). You might also give Dororo (the 2019 version) a try.

Thanks for the recommendations! I just started Vinland Saga tonight.

I'm going to try to keep this thread updated as I go.

• Like 1