Digimon Xros Wars/Fusion

Optic

• 2 weeks later...

I watched a few episodes (I had to because Tai and Davis appeared ;d) and it's not that bad. From what I have seen I think it's better than Digimon Savers but still not better than the first four seasons :D but I'm still planning to watch it one day. :Đ

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I didn't watched much of it but I did watch a few youtube clips in it cause it had some of the old Digimon characters in it :) if they had a sequel season to Tamers (too many years has passed for this now :( ) I would be watching it in a second!!

a sequel season to Tamers *,* that would be great *,* I also watched just a few episodes (because of the old chracters) and I think the season still might be better than the Digimon Data Squad xD

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I feel like I should have made a note of my opinions on Xros Wars earlier, because now, for some reason, I can't think what those opinions were, even though I just rewatched all the way up to Hunters!

I think my opinion was how it feels quite different to the other Digimon series, and not just because it uses DigiXros, rather than evolution! Also, before re-watching Hunters, I felt I had an opinion that it wasn't as good as the rest of Xros Wars, however, after re-watching it, I'm thinking "where did I draw that conclusion?"

Xros Wars has many aspects that have featured in previous series, mirroring Adventure and Frontier in how it mostly takes place in the Digital World, whilst Hunters has aspects of 02 and Savers: 02 in which the Hunters spend time in the real world and -a- Digital World; Savers in that Digimon are affected by human emotions!

I think the reason why I thought I didn't like Hunters as much as Xros Wars, might have been the limitation on the number of partners a Hunter could use for a DigiXros, and/or the fact the most of the Chosen Children/Tamers from the other series didn't really get any proper airtime (silhouettes, or orbs of light, etc.), and some didn't feature at all (were Yoshino, Rosemon, Touma and MirageGaogomon busy?); I felt that the voices of the Adventure/02 children were a bit different from the original series, but then, it had been 10 years!

Actually, another reason why I might have thought Hunters wasn't as good as Xros Wars was during the kendo episode; it's been established that Zenjirou holds a grudge over Taiki for beating him, and yet, a kendo episode, and Zenjirou doesn't feature!? Sure, you could argue that a lot of people might have grudges against Taiki, we just didn't see them before!

It's interesting to note the different dynamics between Xros Wars and Hunters, like the difference of the protagonists' childhood friends, in Xros Wars you have Akari, who scolds Taiki for being wreckless, but at the same point, she's supportive of Taiki, however in Hunters, you have Mami, who berates Tagiru, and isn't supportive!

Actually, I wonder if Mami and Tagiru are childhood friends now, given that they're in year seven, which I'm guessing is meant to be the first year of (secondary) school, they just seemed somewhat close to me, although she and her friends Haruka and Midori are all into Yuu; you could say Hunters is like the "Everybody loves Yuu" show, what with the aforementioned classmates, Airu developing a crush for him, and Miho (girl snared by Blossomon) seeming to have some feelings for him, possibly just friendship though!

A thought came to mind seeing Akari in her uniform (during Hunters), which was that she goes to the same school as Ruki (Tamers), but comparing the uniforms, they're not really the same, just similar colours! Speaking of Akari in her uniform, it was bizarre that she was still wearing her uniform when she went to the hotel with Taiki; she comments that he dressed up nicely, but shouldn't she had worn something that wasn't her school uniform?

I have been reading up on the characters on both Digimon wikia, and Wikimon, I didn't realise Zenjirou was younger than Taiki, given how much taller he is to Taiki (I know height isn't an exact indicator of age, etc.), but Wikimon credits the first chapter of the manga as a source, so must be the case! Seems Taiki's short for his age (in Xros Wars), given Kiriha is possibly the same age, or a year older, although by Hunters, he is the same/similar height as Nene and Kiriha!

It's interesting in that one year gap between the end of Xros Wars and start of Hunters, how quickly a number of the characters have grown up in other ways, wonder if that's because of the sources of fanservice (Lilithmon, Mervamon and Bastemon) are absent for most of Hunters (and for one, all together)! Was reading about some of the dub censoring of Xros Wars!

Speaking of the dub, I'm disappointed with Bastemon's dub name, Beastmon, couldn't they have picked a nicer name? Persiamon, perhaps? Or would Pokémon try to claim copyright infringement, just like DC did, when Marvel introduced Wonderman (that case was successful), or like Marvel did, when DC introduced Power Girl (that case was unsuccessful)?

Oh, seems she has already been called Persiamon, but that was in Digimon World 3, it's crazy when character names aren't standardised, like in Pokémon, Lorelei of the Elite Four (Kanto), is also known as Prima, however that was because Lorelei was too long to be a replacement for Kana, in the anime!

They also changed Lilithmon to Laylamon, however that was most probably due to the fact American dubs try to remove references to God, or Gods, so they don't get complaints from religious groups; the Warriors of the Goddess are renamed Warriors of Light (with the Goddess being demoted to Queen), and Heaven's Zone is renamed Sky Zone in the dub!

Interestingly Lilithmon also suffers from inconsistency, given that she was called Lilithmon in World Data Squad; need to play that game at somepoint! For ease, I'll probably get US version, however will be crazy, given I've only seen Savers as the sub! Another thing I need to do at somepoint, is read the Xros Wars manga!

It's a shame that it hasn't been released in English, I would even import from Singapore, if Shokugan Asia released an English language version there, like they do for Pokémon Adventure, however since the Singaporean-English version has "changed" hands (used to be Chuang-Yi, before they collapsed), I think they're back to sub-licensing the Viz version, possibly including their censoring!

Speaking of Pokémon Adventure, most of the volumes have been sitting unread for a while now, so even if Xros Wars had been released in English, it doesn't mean I'd find the time to read it anyway!

Lilithmon and Cho-Hakkaimon are fun characters in my opinion, both prone to "exploding", Mervamon is pretty fun too, so as I mentioned on the Adventure/02 thread, it was interesting to learn that both Cho-Hakkaimon and Mervamon are voiced by the same seiyuu (Ryoko Shiraishi), along with Akari!

Also liked Lilamon and Stingmon, especially in their first two episodes, in which Lilamon cries when Stingmon upsets her, when he gets embarrassed at her open affection towards him, in front of everyone! Those episodes also featured the hilarious Love-Love Dance between Akari and Zenjirou, which also featured a scene of the members of Xros Heart, too embarrassed to participate, which included one PawnChessmon, the others had no problem with participating!

Thought as much, Mermaimon is mis-coloured in the final of Xros Wars, when she and the other Digimon return to the Digitial World, after assisting in the formation of Shoutmon X7 Superior Mode!

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

Plus, what about the ending of Digimon Xros Wars? It was mentioned that "Digimon were still roaming the human world." That misled viewers to believe that there might be a fourth season. I want to find out more about that storyline, but with Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters airing in October 2016, I don't think the creators will revisit Xros Wars. Hopefully they will, if anything, to clear up the ending.

I'd say the Xros Wars ending is the same as most other series, it wants to offer you the chance to continue the story in fanfiction, or even for them to continue the story, as Audio Dramas!

[spoiler=To be continued, or not]Initially Adventure, Tamers and Xros Wars didn't do this, however:

• Adventure was continued with 02 (and now -tri-), with the epilogue showing the chosen children and partners living in the real world;
  • Tamers was continued with the movie Runaway Locomon, showing that the partners had returned to the real world;
  • Xros Wars was continued with Hunters, with the epilogue showing that the partners has returned to the real world!

Frontier doesn't reunite the chosen children with their legendary spirits, and Savers doesn't reunite the chosen children with their partners (although in the case of Masaru, he never left his partner)!

However for Savers at least, their seperation is hinted as only being temporary (although a fair amount of time has passed in the timeskip to the epilogue), as the Digital Gate is closed until the distortions settle down, I think, plus Masaru's on the other side ;)!

That said the Old Clock Man does drop a huge revelation at the end of the series, that could possibly made into a sequel ;)!

• 4 months later...
  • Geano locked this topic