Which one of you guys have Familys?

Newgroundsmoment

• 1 month later...

I do have an 80yo aphasic mom and a freeloading brother and SIL to take care of.  Does that count?  At this point the wife and kids thing is .. unlikely.

On 5/1/2021 at 6:36 PM, efaardvark said:

At this point the wife and kids thing is .. unlikely.

Same. Parents passed away in the past 5 years. Got a younger sister & couple nephews.

Had to say goodbye to my 14 yr old yellow lab back in January.  Have been a life long dog person since I was a toddler (consistently had 3 or 4 at a time when we lived in the country). But will probably be awhile before I get another.

Edited by Ohayotaku

No kids. Almost married a couple of times. I do have a dog that I absolutely spoil like a daughter though. I also have my sisters cat now who is the new woman in my life. She is a sweet old girl.  

• Aww 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

23 hours ago, efaardvark said:

I do have an 80yo aphasic mom and a freeloading brother and SIL to take care of.  Does that count?  At this point the wife and kids thing is .. unlikely.

tbh i would have kids and a wife i want my bloodline to contune

I have parents; trying every new social apps these days just to stalk their children

-two young brothers; deep drowned into games 

- a lazy bunny, a spying neko chan, a berserk while little mouse, 3 Australian budgies and a sweet finch ❤️

-then comes me; working 16 hours a day to earn as much as possible 

Posting pics of my babies

215DBEB6-2F54-4931-82C0-FB1C7D636597.jpeg

05034DFA-7003-41FD-81B0-3202727B935D.jpeg

E58191F5-2C66-4982-AE0D-02090737B135.jpeg

92EA68EF-8191-4C9B-A520-723AFCEC6B44.jpeg

• Like 2

On 5/2/2021 at 2:38 PM, Newgroundsmoment said:

tbh i would have kids and a wife i want my bloodline to contune

tbh, I would too.  Practically speaking tho.. between work, fixing the old house, and looking out for someone who has trouble even changing channels on the TV by herself I don't have much time left for things like dating or courtship.  (Never mind kids!  Have you ever seen what even a single 2yo can do to a pair of otherwise sane adults?? And to even get that far you have to get past the newborn stage. :) )

Currently engaged and due to covid I'm not sure if we are just going to go through with a court house marriage or just wait until [hopefully] the pandemic is over or at least the restrictions have been lifted (or lessened) for an actual wedding. Either way it won't be anything big or grand. The only thing I want is it to fall on St. Paddy's Day. 

As for kids I only have fur babies at the moment. 3 dogs (a Miniature Pinscher named Bruno, a Blue Heeler/Border Collie named Gunner who was rescued and a Pomeranian/Shelton named Piper who we took in after her owner died and no one was willing to take her in. She's 9 or 10 and we didn't want her to end up in the shelter especially at an old age) and a cat who was about to be put down due to what the vet said was a severe leg deformity. We took her in and named her Gotham. 

As of right now we went to fertility testing before Covid hit and my fiance was fine but as of right now the doctors can't do further testing on me because of Covid. All they know right now is that I have Endometriosis. 

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

i grow up in my auntie's household. had cousins treating me like their big sister. and with my furry babies, lovely cats.

but just last 5 years, i finally got to be with my Mom. we were apart. she was working at the capital region. only gone home once a year because don't have my father anymore. She has decent job of course, until now at pandemic times.

So, even though I've never experienced having a complete fam, got good natured ppl around me.

• Aww 2

On 5/2/2021 at 6:26 AM, Ohayotaku said:

Same. Parents passed away in the past 5 years. Got a younger sister & couple nephews.

Had to say goodbye to my 14 yr old yellow lab back in January.  Have been a life long dog person since I was a toddler (consistently had 3 or 4 at a time when we lived in the country). But will probably be awhile before I get another.

@Ohayotaku You're not alone. My old man passed away in November, due to COVID. It rained heavy that night, but it felt more fresh, as opposed to dim and melancholy. It felt like I was done with season 1 in my life, and I hope season 2 has a more promising ending. All I have rn is a mother (who's ill with an anxiety disorder) and a younger brother (15M).

Dealing with the loss of a pet can be tough too. I had two rabbits that my dad sold when I was a kid coz we were short on money, and we couldn't take care of him any longer. I've never had a pet after that, coz we couldn't afford it any longer. Neither in money, nor in patience.

On 5/12/2021 at 4:27 AM, Zila said:

Wonderful that you're taking care of your mother. I do the same for mine. She was involved in a bad car accident and almost paralyzed. It can be a challenge at times for sure. 

Gosh, it's got to be really difficult saying goodbye to a parent. My father is getting sick from years of smoking. I didn't know him too well, so I feel like time is taking something precious away. 

Sorry about your lab! 😔 I love every pet I have and it's the worst saying goodbye to a friend. They really do make you smile in ways only they can. 

@Zila I'm sorry for your mother. Losing a parent really is painful, usually more than we think it would be. But I didn't have time to grieve. Given how my father was the only source of income in my family, money grew tighter. And I painfully relate to not knowing my dad well. I never asked him personal questions, never tried to get to know him more. Hindsight 2021, he was greater than I could possibly give him credit for. Facebook posts from his colleagues told me the story I'd never bothered to hear from him, the story of how this man came from rags to being not only successful, but also the most charismatic person I've known. He made mistakes, just like any parent parenting for the first time would, and I love him for always acknowledging his mistakes afterwards, being open minded till the very end. I wish we had more time. I wish he got to see me become an adult (he died when I was 16). I wish he got to see me move out, something he'd always wanted to be there for. 

Takeaway: If you don't know your dad well enough, get to know him. You never know, he might just be the coolest person you've known. Make sure he's alive to know that you do, in fact, appreciate him, more than he thinks he deserves.

Edited by EWR-47