What do you do on the weekends?

mechaBD

Recently I have been able to get back on a work schedule that allows me to have weekends off again. Besides anime and video games what do you all like to do with your free time? Looking for some new hobbies here. 

On weekends I go to my other job.  Old houses are such fun.  This weekend was fixing the hole in the front door and replacing a run of network cable under the house.  (We're rural enough that wildlife chewing on wires is a thing around here.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The mall with friends or the movie theater. Since Covid-19, that hasn't happened in a while. Friends can get restless and ask if I want to go somewhere but I'm still maintaining distance from groups of people. Last month I was at an arcade and had a Covid scare a few days later. 

I've been skating in parking lots at night but only ones that are out for lease and don't see a lot of foot traffic. Open areas that don't see many people around. Stuff like that. 

Apart from that, I've gotten into Haiku writing and cooking Louisiana cuisine.

Edited by Kit
Typo
  • Friendly 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Yard work or help family out with chores or errands. Like going to the store for my mother. 

Homework and study.

When I'm free I'll catch up on anime or do some art or read. Basically engage in my hobbies. Something close to home because my family likes to dump everything on me.

Occasionally the beach, when I'm FREE free. xD

On 8/8/2021 at 11:08 AM, Kit said:

cooking Louisiana cuisine

Yum! Share!! xD

Edited by peachtea
  • Friendly 1

I work in retail so I usually only get half a weekend. If it's a Sunday I have off I'll probably just relax, watch anime, catch up on manga, game, write, whatever. If it's a Saturday I sometimes take my uncle to the football.

This Saturday I'll be playing my first game of Twlight Imperium IV (god, help me).

What do I do at weekends?

Sunday morning I go to church. But being retired means that for me there's really no difference between weekends and weekdays. Covid put an end to several of the things I used to do, but there's still my hobbies and housework to keep me busy, ans hopefully out of mischief.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually spend my weekends playing basketball or coaching basketball for some money which is always a bit of fun, other then that I usually work on uni work, watch tv and go for walks. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

As little as I can get away with 😄

Sometimes my brother and I will go find a brewery and/or distillery to try out. Once in a while I like to walk a trail somewhere or take a day trip.

14 hours ago, Takatofan1986 said:

I help run the projector at church. Nice to know my computer skills are good for something!

Your church is fortunate to have you. I look after my church's projector and sound desk and it's really difficult to find people with technical skills, or a willingness to learn how to use the equipment.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Animedragon said:

Your church is fortunate to have you. I look after my church's projector and sound desk and it's really difficult to find people with technical skills, or a willingness to learn how to use the equipment.

Yeah even the guy that was showing me did a few things that I was thinking, like, "You know there's copy and paste right...?"

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I usually focus on writing music, playing video games and relaxing to settle my mind. During the school year, I take the time to catch up on work for my school - or playing my guitar.