FMA: Brotherhood done, whats next?

045nor

Question

I just finnished watching my first anime, FMA: Brotherhood.

I loved this anime because it was minimal nudity (none?) and a really great and suprising storyline with deep history.

Could you recommend an anime like this? For me its ruining the show if there is nudity (little is okay) as this is so generic and cheap to put in an anime.

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

There’s another Fullmetal Alchemist series that starts the same, but goes in a different direction. 
Some other recommendations: 

Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba)

Attack on Titan

Vinland Saga

Scrapped Princess

Fairy Tail

On 3/27/2021 at 6:53 AM, 045nor said:

I just finnished watching my first anime, FMA: Brotherhood.

I loved this anime because it was minimal nudity (none?) and a really great and suprising storyline with deep history.

Could you recommend an anime like this? For me its ruining the show if there is nudity (little is okay) as this is so generic and cheap to put in an anime.

If you haven't seen it, watch the original FMA series for a different take, like someone else suggested. Have you watched any other series other than FMA:Brotherhood? If not, some good ones to start with are Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, and Samurai Champloo. A few other series that are quite good as well, although it's been a while since I've watched any anime myself. 

Rurouni Kenshin has a good in-depth history to it. I would regard it as historical fantasy that leans heavily on the historical side. The story is also superb.

InuYasha, Erementar Gerad, Otogizoshi, Moribito, Shinsekai Yori and Wolfs Rain - All fantasy anime of varying flavors. Nothing quite as historically immersive as Rurouni Kenshin or FMA but good stories nevertheless :)