Hello guys,first time so pardon me for any inconvenienc

Ainzoowlgown

Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy it here 😁

As far as mystery/thriller recommendations:

Higurashi: When They Cry - you should start with the original season (2006) & then watch Kai before attempting the latest version (Gou) because even though it starts out feeling like a retelling it actually becomes a sequel. The finale is scheduled for later this year. There are also some OVA episodes but they’re not really necessary unless you want & some of them are more comedic or ecchi.

Shiki - this one goes more into horror territory & felt similar to Salem’s Lot to me.

Beautiful Bones: Sakuako’s Investigation - I really consider this one to be underrated, but unfortunately it ends without resolving many of the plot threads.

Moriarty the Patriot - season 2 is currently ongoing & is the latest take on the Sherlock Holmes mythos. The angle being that the legenday Holmes’ nemesis is actually trying to instigate a revolution against what he sees as a corrupt & aristocratic society.

Finally, even though I haven’t seen them, I ‘ve heard good things about Another & the first season of Psycho Pass.

If your curious about any other genres, feel free to ask.

Edited by Ohayotaku

In terms of mystery and thriller, there a few recommendations I have...

Monster - It's a 75-episode anime following Dr. Kenzou Tenma, a genius yet young Japanese neurosurgeon studying in Germany at the Eisler Memorial Hospital, and really kicks off in the very first episode and never lets up. Less of a thriller over time because its so long, but a winding mystery with plenty of suspense and more. Definitely worth a watch even with its length.

ID:Invaded - A much shorter anime, only 13 episodes, but a rousing mystery that puts an interesting spin within, but still a suspense-filled thriller story that I would definitely recommend.

Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha - 25 episodes of conspiratorial mystery with a lot of surprises and a great build-up of anticipation, Darker than Black follows BK201 at some levels, a Contractor working for a syndicate, and Misaki Kirihara, a police officer who slowly unravels the mystery surrounding Hei and everything that happens revolving around Contractors. 

And then also I would recommend *Kara no Kyoukai, though sadly I haven't seen enough of it to really inform ya on it. 

*Kara no Kyoukai is more of a series of short movies.

• 2 weeks later...