Check-In :)

Hey guys!

I was searching for a forum like this to talk about several topics regarding my favourite animes :) I do have a lot of friends that are into that stuff too but I often watch anime that aren't that well known and my friends often don't know them so I can't talk to them about some of my favourite pieces.

I am looking forward to discuss different topics with all of you here! :)

I started my "anime career" with Hellsing Ultimate and it is still one of my favourite pieces. Others of my favourites are Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Mirai Nikki, Drifters, Death Note,... I like stories with dark stories and horro as well as psychological elements. 

My flat is also about to become a personalized showcase for my favourite anime. I already painted a huge Trafalgar Law on one of my walls and am currently working on a Hellsing Logo and a quite big Toyohisa Shimazu. If you are interested in seeing those just tell me, however I am planning to check out the topics in the art section anyways.

So that's all from my side for now :) Also happy easter to all of you! :)

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy it here 😁

Of the series you mentioned, I’ve seen FMA:B, Hellsing Ultimate, Death Note and enjoyed them to varying degrees. Dark/horror as a genre usually isn’t my favorite, but there are a number of series I enjoyed that could be categorized that way:

Shiki

Re:Zero

Higurashi: When They Cry

Fate Zero

Paranoia Agent

Dororo

Monster

Dorohedoro (dark humor)

58 minutes ago, ToyohisaShimazu said:

My flat is also about to become a personalized showcase for my favourite anime. I already painted a huge Trafalgar Law on one of my walls and am currently working on a Hellsing Logo and a quite big Toyohisa Shimazu. If you are interested in seeing those just tell me, however I am planning to check out the topics in the art section anyways.

Sounds cool. Feel free to share. I’m not artistically talented but some folks here are.

Hope you find things that interest you

10 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

Of the series you mentioned, I’ve seen FMA:B, Hellsing Ultimate, Death Note and enjoyed them to varying degrees. Dark/horror as a genre usually isn’t my favorite, but there are a number of series I enjoyed that could be categorized that way:

Shiki

Fate Zero

Paranoia Agent

Dororo

Monster

Dorohedoro (dark humor)

Sounds cool. Feel free to share. I’m not artistically talented but some folks here are.

9 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

Shiki

Fate Zero

Paranoia Agent

Dororo

Monster

Dorohedoro (dark humor)

I have actually tried to attach a picture of my Toyohisa but I wasn't able to create an URL that works :D

About the anime you mentioned. I already watched Shiki and Higurashi as well as Fate Zero. Really liked those. Monster is on my planning-to-watch list currently. I might start this one after finished rewatching the first season of drifters for the I guess 3rd time.

I already checked out some of the art topics and it is really interesting. I think I made a good choice by joining this community :)

• Like 1

Greetings! I am new here as well. I too like Hellsing Ultimate and the kinds of things you describe. If you can stomach older animation styles, Berserk is top notch. They recently remade it into movies and a show in 2017?? I'm not sure on the date, but the newer show is not so good. The older show is awesome. The movies are decent, but I feel conflicted because I like the older show better.

I also really like Claymore. Well, all except the last 5 minutes.

Welcome to AF! Hope to see you stick around here :D 

Death Note was one of my first anime and I absolutely loved it!