Jump to content

Best way to draw hair and eyes?


FaitFul
 Share

Recommended Posts

ive watched so much anime and read so much manga trying to figure out how to draw hair but i just cant get it right, its either to big, to small, or just doesn't look like hair at all. I was hoping someone could point my in any direction to get better

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FaitFul said:

ive watched so much anime and read so much manga trying to figure out how to draw hair but i just cant get it right, its either to big, to small, or just doesn't look like hair at all. I was hoping someone could point my in any direction to get better

personally, the way i draw hair is via just drawing a template

few strokes/simple ones at first

and then once you have a hair-shaped line, add a few details and voila

 

it's kinda tricky? at start, but then you start to get used to the strokes, and can draw them simply

ill post an example of how i draw hair, (on-going atm, will edit as i go)

image.thumb.png.31ca2239e617d3dedf77a88097d07835.png

the template i mean

hair on going

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, XII360 said:

personally, the way i draw hair is via just drawing a template

few strokes/simple ones at first

and then once you have a hair-shaped line, add a few details and voila

 

it's kinda tricky? at start, but then you start to get used to the strokes, and can draw them simply

ill post an example of how i draw hair, (on-going atm, will edit as i go)

image.thumb.png.31ca2239e617d3dedf77a88097d07835.png

the template i mean

hair on going

thanks for the tip, ill try it out when i get the chance. Also, do you use to draw? im thinking about buying a drawing tablet but im not sure what kind as for right now im just using a mouse

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, FaitFul said:

thanks for the tip, ill try it out when i get the chance. Also, do you use to draw? im thinking about buying a drawing tablet but im not sure what kind as for right now im just using a mouse

12.thumb.png.18539aafd8125b93d14086e7c2527ce4.png

the template (above image) [by template, i mean the + on her face, not the eyes/nose, drawing eyes/nose is just a preference i like doing before hair, the +  can also be a huge guide for eyes, soo >.>...]

32.thumb.png.1d6019483454764328df4ee4c4edc009.png

 

and yea, using the + template just use it as a distance on how long (height-wise) you can draw hair, for width wise, just make sure its within her shoulders, could go a bit beyond shoulders, but shouldn't go toooo far from the shoulders

 

and then yea, fix it and you will get nice hair?

i just drew this quickly, still on the legs of the drawing tbh, and thats harder x_x

 

Quote

Also, do you use to draw?

im using XP-pen, its really old (like 2015? model i think, not sure, its pretty extinct now) which costed me 5k Php (more less around 100$)

This is the tablet btw, excuse the mess on my table, im too lazy to clean it all up ~.~

 

16196664103461964639965585322683.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, XII360 said:

12.thumb.png.18539aafd8125b93d14086e7c2527ce4.png

the template (above image) [by template, i mean the + on her face, not the eyes/nose, drawing eyes/nose is just a preference i like doing before hair, the +  can also be a huge guide for eyes, soo >.>...]

32.thumb.png.1d6019483454764328df4ee4c4edc009.png

 

and yea, using the + template just use it as a distance on how long (height-wise) you can draw hair, for width wise, just make sure its within her shoulders, could go a bit beyond shoulders, but shouldn't go toooo far from the shoulders

 

and then yea, fix it and you will get nice hair?

i just drew this quickly, still on the legs of the drawing tbh, and thats harder x_x

 

im using XP-pen, its really old (like 2015? model i think, not sure, its pretty extinct now) which costed me 5k Php (more less around 100$)

This is the tablet btw, excuse the mess on my table, im too lazy to clean it all up ~.~

 

16196664103461964639965585322683.jpg

thanks for the hair tip. i personally use a wacom (not sure what model) and it works pretty well but the software is pretty garbage so i cant really get stuff to work right. is there a good software to use that isnt trash?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, FaitFul said:

thanks for the hair tip. i personally use a wacom (not sure what model) and it works pretty well but the software is pretty garbage so i cant really get stuff to work right. is there a good software to use that isnt trash?

i personally use clipstudiopaint for drawing my arts, 

wacom should have it's own software/driver when you use it though, probably, not sure, dont really use wacom o_o

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...